Activision to preview new 007 videogame at Comic-Con this month

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited July 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,380
Gaming blog <a href="http://kotaku.com/5819223/activisions-bringing-a-new-james-bond-game-to-comic+con"; target="_blank">Kotaku</a> noticed something special for Bond fans on their Comic Con invitation from videogame publisher Activision.

According to the invite, Activision will be teasing a 'new 007 game' at the event in San Diego later this month.

There are a couple of likely possibilities:

1) "GoldenEye Reloaded", for which several domain names were registered by Activision last month, will be unveiled. <a href="http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/gaming_activision_goldeneye_reloaded_leaked.php3">There is rampant speculation on what the title could be.</a>

2) A third-person shooter starring Daniel Craig by Raven Software. The project was put on hold during the MGM financial mess, but work on the game resumed and a first look at the untitled game was <a href="http://mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/gaming_activision_raven_first_look.php3">leaked late last year</a>.

<a href="http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/gaming_activision_2011_james_bond_announced.php3">Activision have confirmed</a> that at least one James Bond videogame title will be released later this year.

Comments

great i hope there will be some great PC game.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good, this sounds like a great time to launch a game.

With Craig likely in attendance for the Cowboys & Aliens World Premiere, maybe he'll make an appearance.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So can we assume then, that we wont be getting the vehicle-based Bond game?
    I thought that was Blood Stone? It just happened to include shooting as well.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    You could be right, but I could have sworn that when Blood Stone was in development, there was also talk of a driving specific game too. If it's been canned, then that's a shame as i'd have liked to see what a 007 Racing with modern graphics and gameplay would have turned out like.
    really hope it's the lost bond game we saw bits and pieces of last year with a cool title and that goldeneye reloaded is a 360 port of the wii game that is announced later on like September. man 2 bond games again that would be cool!
    I hope it'll be some game based off one of the movies that isn't GoldenEye, since we've had our fill of it. Then again, it'll most likely be an original story not based off one of the movies, so I'd probably better not get my hopes up! Whatever type of Bond game it may be, I hope it includes the excellent graphics, shooting, and cover system of Bloodstone, a fantastic multiplayer like Nightfire and GoldenEye 2010, spacious enviroments, some vehicle levels, and some chase levels.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,399
    You could be right, but I could have sworn that when Blood Stone was in development, there was also talk of a driving specific game too. If it's been canned, then that's a shame as i'd have liked to see what a 007 Racing with modern graphics and gameplay would have turned out like.
    The company behind the creation of Blood Stone was Bizarre Creations - they are predominantly known for their driving game "Blur".... when Blood Stone was in development, it was announced (at first) as being a Bond game centered around driving, ala 007 Racing... this news had gone on for a while, until pics were released of Craig behind cover from enemies... then it was learned, that the game wouldn't solely center around driving, but it would feature some on foot missions as well..... thus, the game evolved from another 007 Racing game, to more of a Everything Or Nothing game....

so in short - the long developed Bond racing game became Blood Stone...... so whatever is released this fall (if not Goldeneye Reloaded) will be something completely new..

Thanks for clearing that up, haserot.
    If Brosnan can't be the Bond in the game then I hope like hell they're dropping the whole Goldeneye rehash. I really wasn't a fan of GE for Wii, and hope they focus on making a good, original game and not just relying on the GE name. Having said that though, I still feel like sometime down the line a GE game in 3rd person would be awesome. I mean you can really look at any Bond movie and see multiple examples of how a very well made 3rd person shooter, with high production values would be awesome. The movies could offer so much varied gameplay (like EoN did), but EA and now Activision seem to be against anything other the same old, same old.
    Bondboy007 why are you so dead set on Brosnan being Bond in the videogame. He sucked. Craig's videogame likeness delivered a better performance than Brosnan did in the actual film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Bondboy007 why are you so dead set on Brosnan being Bond in the videogame. He sucked. Craig's videogame likeness delivered a better performance than Brosnan did in the actual film.
    Because it's unfair Craig replaces Brosnan... Yes Brosnan is a bad Bond... But if I play a video game based on his films I expect to play Brosnan... Would you prefer playing Daniel Craig in a MR adaptation instead of Moore ? Or Craig in YOLT instead of Connery? There are things that I will never accept or tolerate, and one of them is having a different Bond than the one in the original film... That's why I do not consider GE2010 a Bond game. People go one saying they would never remake the films... Well they just did - Craig in GE instead of Brosnan. I wished they didn't make Bond video games instead of such insult to the franchise. Yes I bash Brosnan as Bond... but not for one second I would want to see him get replaced in new adaptions of his movies.

I wished the entire EON James Bond franchise was dead instead of having such a travesty and an insult that was GE2010. If they do another switching of Bond actors in a past outing (even if it's a video game) I will give up on my Bond fandom. I will not tolerate EON having another dump on past outings.
    I thoroughly enjoy GE 2010, especially the online multiplayer, but I agree with DaltonCraig007. Replacing Pierce Brosnan for Daniel Craig was a pitiful idea, and I hope this will not be the case in the future. Pierce Brosnan absolutely stole the movie, and it wasn't fair to replace him for the new Bond actor. Yes, I like Daniel Craig, but come on! He's going to have a plethora of Bond games to come, not to mention the ones he's already had. At least allow Brosnan one last chance to be 007!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm afraid, 00Beast, that only the current Bond can play the part in video games... I wished they understood that with such contract, they should have given up on more adaptations of past Bond movies... EON should have their Bond rights revoked if they are going to take another dump on the Bond legacy.
    @DaltonCraig007: It seems to me that the only way we'll get a Bond game based off one of the movies without Craig playing 007 is if he leaves the role and the search for a new Bond is in effect. That is how we got FRWL with Connery, but you see how well that turned out! :p
    @00Beast this is why I don't like past movies adapted to video games. Original games only. :-D
    great i hope there will be some great PC game.
    Same here.
    @00Beast this is why I don't like past movies adapted to video games. Original games only. :-D
    But, if the FRWL game was Thunderball, it would have worked, trust me.
    I hope we're going to see some gratuitous sex and violence in this one!
    (as bond in never say never again) I do too.
    I just want to see a classic shooter game.
    I want a game that takes us to locations we haven't been in a bond game before. like new york city :D and i want stealth elements
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 669
    I want a game that takes us to locations we haven't been in a bond game before. like new york city :D and i want stealth elements
    Like Belgium, Paris, Mostly Vienna (don't mention TLD), and other luxury places. What don't they feature adventures that take place in London?
    I hope we'll see a Bond movie made into a game, but retaining all the originality of the movie, and not adding in a bunch of random action that doesn't make sense. Also, I hope the gameplay will be similiar to that of Bloodstone! That game got Bond right!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I hope we'll see a Bond movie made into a game, but retaining all the originality of the movie, and not adding in a bunch of random action that doesn't make sense. Also, I hope the gameplay will be similiar to that of Bloodstone! That game got Bond right!
    Blood Stone got parts of it right - but there were still moments that were annoying....

just from a graphical standpoint - bullets do not make yellow streaks when fired from a gun - they reminded of cheesy negative scratches from an old 50's B movie, to simulate a laser blast..... during the campaign - i could really care less if they kept the gameplay like Blood Stone... for single player campaign, it was alright - a bit repetitive, and monotonous at times.. but i would be lying if i said i didn't enjoy it...... just make the friggin' game longer! lol........... multiplayer is a whole other beast with me lol.

@haserot: The best things about the Bloodstone gameplay for me were the variety of combat takedowns, the cover system with the fantastic shooting, and the smooth camera angles. If we can get that incorporated into the next game, then it'll be a sensation!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2011 Posts: 28,694
    @haserot, you sound like a good person to ask this. Blood Stone had some great moments, but I found the story very confusing. I've beat it 10 or more times over and still can't grip everything. My question to you is this: At the end of the game, how does Bond deduce that Nicole orchestrated the kidnapping of Tedworth and the whole shebang? I find absolutely no clues as to how Bond managed this.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

it's been a while since i've beaten it, and i can't rightfully remember how he figures it out........ or if it's even explained to us at all how he does - something tells me that it's never shown how he finds out - he just sort of does.... really poor storytelling.

but that's not the only thing that confused me about the game.... the title of the game is called "Blood Stone" - and judging from that name, and the title credits, i expected the plot to revolve heavily around diamonds - or the application of diamonds in some crazy plot..... WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY EVEN MENTIONED??? lol.... it's like Fierstein was listening to Judas Priest album "Screaming For Vengeance" while writing the game, heard the song "Bloodstone" come on, and said "hey, i like that"... WTF?!?!
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    The current rumours are that GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will be released on PS3 and XBOX 360 and unveiled by Activision on the 20th of this month.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/07/08/goldeneye.reloaded/

Maybe the other game is a Bond 23 tie-in for next year? After all, it was delayed as well...
    hmm I am hoping it's another 2 bond game year I mean i don't know about anyone else but if both games were good i'd get both games right?

Competition shouldn't be an excuse not to produce games it should be a reason to produce higher quality games!
    hmm I am hoping it's another 2 bond game year I mean i don't know about anyone else but if both games were good i'd get both games right?
    I'd get both, yes. But maybe Activision realised after last year they'd rather not do two games a year again.