Record Your Own "The Name's Bond, James Bond"

hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
edited February 2013 in Trivia & Games Posts: 290
Thought this sounded fun!

Record your own short voice clip simply saying those famous words, upload it somewhere such as your Dropbox or another upload site and then link to it in your post!

I'm not sure how the female members want to approach this... I suppose they can either say the same line, or pick a female character who has said their name in a similar fashion and say that instead... whatever you'd like!

And now, without further ado, here is mine!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vd614okkzrjazg/mike-thenamesbond.mp3

I look forward to hearing yours!

Mike

Comments

• hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    Really, no-one? lol

I was well proud of this idea! :)
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    See, this is why I find you so annoying and can't believe, you are NOT a troll. How old are you, for *** sake? lol @-) How many of these useless threads have you opened aready. Time to learn maybe to THINK first and not give in to every little idea your brain comes up with. Just an advice...
  • Why is everybody constantly having a go at this guy?

@Germanlady How is he being a troll? I don't see what's wrong with this thread.

How is this thread anymore useless than a thread about posting a picture of your pet, a thread that is essentially just twitter, etc. You yourself have started plenty of threads that have been closed.

So if this thread is useless I'm sure a decent argument could be made for loads of others on this site being useless, a few of them yours.

What's happened here is @hoppimike has started a few duplicate threads and threads you deem useless, and you're using it as an excuse to call him a troll and to try and get him banned, when really you don't like him because he doesn't like Skyfall.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Its getting old to accuse every post I do to be based on someone liking or disliking SF or DC. Not the case. This guy even likes CR and QOS and DC - so based on that opinion, people have of me, I have no reason to hit on him. Nope, this is beyond any of that and don't let your dislike of me getting in the way of properly judging this little puppet. And there aren't that many threads of mine, that were closed. Sorry to disappoint. Plus his threads haven't been closed by me, right? He is keeping the mods busy with this. Had someone else wrote this, you wouldn't be on his tail, now would you? I doubt it.

But since you find this to be such a cool thread, that should be taken seriously, I am eagerly awaiting your recording :)
  • Really don't know what is so offensive about this idea, I personally think it's kind of cool. Mate, I would suggest making a SoundCloud dropbox then people can easily upload their "Bond, James Bonds" there and share easily. I haven't experienced a troll coming up with a cool idea like this I'd say it's just enthusiasm? Why the aggression?
    edited February 2013 Posts: 290
    Thanks @thelivingroyale and @LicenceRevoked :)

To be honest... this usually happens on pretty much any forum I join! I think I just have quite an expressive personality so there is always one (sometimes two or whatever but usually it's literally just one) person that I particularly clash with!

I think years ago I used to argue like crazy with them and the threads got a bit heated, but these days it mostly washes over me (I actually don't really read the person's posts lol).

And yeah it's something about me, but it's also something about them! Just clashing personalities :)

Aaaaanywho I'm glad that some people like this idea! I just thought it was a bit of fun and a bit of recreation, and when you get down to the nitty gritty... isn't that pretty much what Bond is too? I mean if this were an ACTUAL MI6/SIS forum and we were all discussing imminent terrorist threats or something then this thread would be awfully out of place, but I think it fits in just fine here!

So yeah erm, I'll look into that SoundCloud idea - I'm not a musician you see (my sister is though, and both my parents lol) so my knowledge of SoundCloud is slim to nil!

I'll give it a peek!
  • Surprising with all the Brosnan hate here that you guys are using his "the name's ... ' take on the reading which Craig carried on with, as opposed to the classic 'my name is ... ' that went before. Totally changes the impact of the syllables when you say the words with the Brosnan rewording.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    trevanian wrote:
    Surprising with all the Brosnan hate here that you guys are using his "the name's ... ' take on the reading which Craig carried on with, as opposed to the classic 'my name is ... ' that went before. Totally changes the impact of the syllables when you say the words with the Brosnan rewording.

Brosnan never said "the name's...". He always said just "Bond... James Bond."
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    trevanian wrote:
    Surprising with all the Brosnan hate here that you guys are using his "the name's ... ' take on the reading which Craig carried on with, as opposed to the classic 'my name is ... ' that went before. Totally changes the impact of the syllables when you say the words with the Brosnan rewording.

Goldeneye?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited February 2013 Posts: 2,635
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    trevanian wrote:

Goldeneye?

EDIT: ooh, sorry. Only one he actually said like that.

Actually i remember that because, maybe from that Remix music that is very famous. I thought that the original line was like that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He also says it to Jones as they're escaping the bunker in TWINE.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    For a thread titled 'Record Your Own "The Name's Bond, James Bond" ' , I'm not seeing alot of participation.
    Come on guys and girls, I'm sure there are more members here that have recorded or could upload the infamous line?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    He also says it to Jones as they're escaping the bunker in TWINE.

Really true, man... I just remembered the one that he says to Elektra.
    Damn it, my head memory is really not working.

I'll record that line tomorrow :)
    trevanian wrote:

hm, you're correct though that the exact wording changed a bit over time - I never really noticed that!

Well, you guys feel free to record whichever variation is your favourite!
  • Okay I'll go first tonight when I get home. Actually I already have a SoundCloud so I might as well set up the dropbox. Anyone will be able to drop their files in there but o/t in the meantime check out the Bond Soundtrack I am composing, I'll post the Dropbox button on this thread.

Okay I'll go first tonight when I get home. Actually I already have a SoundCloud so I might as well set up the dropbox. Anyone will be able to drop their files in there but o/t in the meantime check out the Bond Soundtrack I am composing, I'll post the Dropbox button on this thread.

This is pretty cool man :)