Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm hoping for the best! It may get me somewhere.
  • The Internet isn't a fan of the new Aliens game. It's gotten mostly negative or mixed reviews and the comments on Youtube are full of people ranting about how the game was a waste of money.

I'll still buy it but I'm not as excited for it.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm very excited but I hope they tone down the ammount of villians. I feel a bit like the story of the 2nd one suffered for it.
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    I cant wait for Grand Theft Auto 5, i missing runing people over and watching them bounce off the hood in first person view lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, that's actually what I've read upon over the last few hours: the terrible reviews of the new 'Aliens' game. I wasn't terribly excited for it from the start, and these reviews do nothing to help.

@jka12002, I'm still not that excited for 'Grand Theft Auto V,' and the GTA series is usually my most anticipated of games. I just really cannot get into the 'playing as three characters' idea, but I may like it months down the road once videos are released of the game. Only seven months to go.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    PS4 announcement tomorrow :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DCisared wrote:

Feb 20th for me.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 1,329
    DCisared wrote:

Feb 20th for me.

Ahhhh FFS there's me thinking it was the 19th today :( haha
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DCisared wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Feb 20th for me.

Ahhhh FFS there's me thinking it was the 19th today :( haha

That's okay. I live in a part of the US that uses Eastern time, so when websites ask me that question I scroll down and pick "Eastern". Every damn website is three hours ahead of me. Well, every one but this one, at least.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DCisared wrote:

Feb 20th for me.

SAY WHAT?! EXPLAIN.
    DCisared wrote:

Feb 20th for me.

SAY WHAT?! EXPLAIN.

Yea Sony are going to announce the ps4 on Wednesday in New York
    They haven't said it as such, put they are haha giving the fact that the released videos this week of the history of all the ps consoles and said they are announcing something massive.
    Just google ps4 you'll see all the stories , there are a couple of photos of what seem to be the new dual shock ps4 controller as well knocking about , interesting .
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Here's hoping this generation of consoles really work. They're launching in weaker economic times and if the tablets take over, this could be it. It seems the Wii U went down in flames.

I'd hate for console gaming to die and it seems recently, less and less Grade A games are being released.

I wish PS4 all the best.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Here's hoping this generation of consoles really work. They're launching in weaker economic times and if the tablets take over, this could be it. It seems the Wii U went down in flames.

I'd hate for console gaming to die and it seems recently, less and less Grade A games are being released.

I wish PS4 all the best.

Here here
    Samuel001 wrote:
    it seems recently, less and less Grade A games are being released.

Blame Call of Duty.
  • A number of sites have the new Rambo game listed as being released on May 3rd 2012.

And Battlefield 4 is rumoured to be being revealed at the playsation thing.
    A number of sites have the new Rambo game listed as being released on May 3rd 2012.

I'd rather see some footage before I see a release date. Much as Walking Dead: Survival Instinct looks like complete sh*t, at least I've seen some footage before I decided that I was right in deciding not to buy it.
    There's not much time (less than 15 minutes by my clock) before it starts, but who's gonna watch the live PS4 announcement?
  • AliAli
    edited February 2013 Posts: 319
    This has me very nervous. Worst off we might get a prequel and not a continuation from Arkham City's big bang, and Rocksteady might not be developing the title.

Maybe Rocksteady could do Bond.....
  • A number of sites have the new Rambo game listed as being released on May 3rd 2012.

I'd rather see some footage before I see a release date. Much as Walking Dead: Survival Instinct looks like complete sh*t, at least I've seen some footage before I decided that I was right in deciding not to buy it.

It was at one of the conventions but it's had a really muted reception. Literally nobody has written about it, which doesn't fill me with hope.

Still, it's a Rambo game. I'll probably buy it anyway as long as the demos look anywhere near half way decent. If it is bad I'll just trade it in.
    So, thoughts on the DualShock 4 controller? Social networking integration?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    So, thoughts on the DualShock 4 controller? Social networking integration?

So far, with the exception of that Knack game, I'm liking everything I just saw about the PS4 (Note: I cut out in the middle of the Watch Dogs trailer, thanks to the video getting way too laggy). The idea of a PSN that's tailored to you, of just pressing a button and uploading videos directly from the game, of turning the console off (or on standby) in the middle of a game turning it back on and being exactly where you were, of all of it. I was extremely skeptical of what I thought I might see when I clicked over to GameSpot and started watching, and I ended up being blown away. The Killzone Shadow Fall trailer alone just blew away all of my original expectations (though the Square Enix trailer was a little of a letdown, because I saw that six months ago). I can't wait to see even more footage once E3 and TGS come our way. Infamous Second Son looked awesome, too.
    Ali wrote:
    This has me very nervous. Worst off we might get a prequel and not a continuation from Arkham City's big bang, and Rocksteady might not be developing the title.

no they are doing Arkham 4

at least acccording to the rumors
    Erghhh they didn't show us the console, no price either. It seems more of the same from Sony only prettier. Watch dogs and infamous got me excited thou.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    Ali wrote:

no they are doing Arkham 4

at least acccording to the rumors

Arkham 3, actually.
    DCisared wrote:
    Erghhh they didn't show us the console, no price either. It seems more of the same from Sony only prettier. Watch dogs and infamous got me excited thou.

I was impressed with what I saw for sure, and Sony at least dedicates their focus foremost on the games, while Microsoft focuses on gimmicks and the like more often than not. Their entire E3 shows for the last few years are growing less and less about the games, while Sony has been dedicated to fighting for games from the start, so I am happy with them for that above all.

Did they show Watchdogs by the way? I only saw a few (Infamous and Killzone) because the stream I was watching was lagging badly and I just shut it off.
  • AliAli
    I've already preordered my PS4. Drive Club, Watchdogs and The Witness were enough for me, as well as Media Molcule's 3D sculpting thing.

They did show Watchdogs and, more importantly, actual gameplay. Best looking game was still Killzone, though I noticed some placeholder character models from KZ3 on the citizens. The environments of the city looked staggering.
    I just watched the Watch Dogs gameplay, and it was amazing! Here it is if anyone is curious:

I was hoping Uncharted 4 would be announced, but NaughtyDog and Sony probably want to make a huge announcement about it at another time, more unexpected.
  • AliAli
    I don't think Uncharted will be ready. Naughty Dog are still finishing The Last Of Us and, unless the guys at Sony Bend have started work on it after the Vita Uncharted and the rest of Naughty Dog will pick it up after.

I'm also surprised at the lack of even a sniff of GT6.
    Ali wrote:
    I don't think Uncharted will be ready. Naughty Dog are still finishing The Last Of Us and, unless the guys at Sony Bend have started work on it after the Vita Uncharted and the rest of Naughty Dog will pick it up after.

There are TWO teams at NaughtyDog. One working on The Last of Us, and the main team working on "something else". Gee, I wonder what that "something else" could be? Spoilers!: it is Uncharted 4.
    'Watch Dogs' looks amazing, and I've always enjoyed the 'Killzone' games, but I'll wait and see what both consoles have to offer. If anything, I might reserve both (when they both become available) and take my reserve off of the one I decide I won't be purchasing. I just want a competent system that seems the most enjoyable. If the PS4 doesn't announce private/party chat, though - they may have yesterday, though I heard nothing about it; appeared to be more on the controller and games - then it's already a dealbreaker for me and I'll stick with the new Xbox.
    Ali wrote:

There are TWO teams at NaughtyDog. One working on The Last of Us, and the main team working on "something else". Gee, I wonder what that "something else" could be? Spoilers!: it is Uncharted 4.

After Uncharted 2 finished development, there were two teams at Naughty Dog, one for The Last of Us and one for Uncharted 3. I always assumed that after Uncharted 3 was finished, their team was then folded into the The Last of Us team.
  • I'll probably just get whichever is cheaper. All my favourite series' are released on both platforms anyway so it doesn't make much of a difference to me.