Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Me too, I don't think I've been this buzzed about Doctor Who since it's 2005 return.

I'm glad you liked that scene, it really ties everything up well!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Artemis81 wrote:

The movie version was on the other night, but refused to watch it as I hadn't finished the tv series. Granted the tv series is much better. I really liked the stories, the characters, and the action is really creative and incredible. Probably the best show that Nickelodeon had to offer. Just finished season 2 and can't wait to what season 3 has to offer.

I miss Airbender. A unique show with the quality of the 90s that we haven't seen much of in the 2000s.
    It's really great. Knowing it will end soon gives me great sadness. Have you watched "The Legend of Korra"? I've heard that one is good as well.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Artemis81 wrote:
    Artemis81 wrote:

The movie version was on the other night, but refused to watch it as I hadn't finished the tv series. Granted the tv series is much better. I really liked the stories, the characters, and the action is really creative and incredible. Probably the best show that Nickelodeon had to offer. Just finished season 2 and can't wait to what season 3 has to offer.

I miss Airbender. A unique show with the quality of the 90s that we haven't seen much of in the 2000s.
    It's really great. Knowing it will end soon gives me great sadness. Have you watched "The Legend of Korra"? I've heard that one is good as well.
    I have not heard of what you speak of.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    House of Cards 2013

6 episodes so far, Spacey is incredible and well worth signing up for Netflix for, that being said I'm on a months free trial.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shardlake wrote:
    House of Cards 2013

6 episodes so far, Spacey is incredible and well worth signing up for Netflix for, that being said I'm on a months free trial.

I can't even get a free trial. I have a Debit card, not a credit card, so I can't get a bloody free month of Netflix. ABSOLUTE CRAP.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited February 2013 Posts: 543
    Artemis81 wrote:
    I have not heard of what you speak of.
    It's the sequel to Airbender that follows the journey of Korra, the next Avatar from the water tribe. It aired on Nickelodeon last year. It set to have 4 seasons.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Me too, I don't think I've been this buzzed about Doctor Who since it's 2005 return.

I'm glad you liked that scene, it really ties everything up well!

I wasn't that buzzed about the return because I wasn't really a fan of the old series and I only decided to watch it because Christopher Eccleston was in it. Really enjoyed it when it was on TV but wasn't that excited about it leading up to the return.

So this is probably the most excited I've ever been for it. I love everything I've heard about the new series.
    Shardlake wrote:
    House of Cards 2013

I can't even get a free trial. I have a Debit card, not a credit card, so I can't get a bloody free month of Netflix. ABSOLUTE CRAP.

I actually used Paypal for mine but will be cancelling once my month is up and I got a 13 part series out of it so no complaints from me.

9 episodes in with 4 more to go, this is simply one of the best shows of recent times, Spacey is utterly compelling and the writing, directing and acting is top notch, I love the BBC show and Ian Richardson was incredible but hats off to Fincher and co they've really done themselves proud, it's totally it's own creature.
  • Last TV show I watched was Elementary. I've seen a few other people talking about it in this discussion, and it definitely is an amazing show. And, for once, our ships have come to life. For example, last nights episode showed a bit of Sherlock/Watson intimacy, which will hopefully continue to grow.

It really is a great show, I recommend watching it! :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,882
    Doctor Who: Time And The Rani

The best era of 'Who (that's right, I sait it) begins in a lightweight, colourful and fluffy fashion. McCoy does what he can, but unfortunately, at this point, the 7th Doctor is written as a Chaplin-esque clown.
    I like the theory of the 7th Doctor causing the 6-7 regeneration. It's very appropriate for the machiavellian side of Doc#7.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Last TV show I watched was Elementary. I've seen a few other people talking about it in this discussion, and it definitely is an amazing show. And, for once, our ships have come to life. For example, last nights episode showed a bit of Sherlock/Watson intimacy, which will hopefully continue to grow.

It really is a great show, I recommend watching it! :D

I'm glad you like it too! It was a pleasant surprise, and isn't miming Sherlock BBC, but is very much its own show.
    Looking forward to watching the Bafta's tomorrow night after TopGear! :D
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I have spent the last week going back again through the Sherlock BBC first series (I can't even think how many times I have watched them). Each time it is a treat to go back and revisit this Sherlockian masterpiece. Moffat, Gatiss and the whole team behind this series have done such an immaculate job of modernizing Holmes and Watson into our current time period, and in spades. It is filled with modernity, yet so true to the traditional essence of what makes Holmes Holmes. The writing is sharp, the atmosphere gripping, the camera work dazzling, the lighting and set up of the shots stammering. Benedict and Martin are not only the best Sherlock and best Watson ever respectively, their relationship and chemistry is also the strongest of any pair to take on the roles and it is a joy to watch them play. It is so wonderful to finally see a Sherlock that feels compassion for those close to him, and also has so many other compelling layers to him that make the character such a joy to pick apart and study. It is simple: Benedict was meant to play this role, and he has given a landmark performance that will forever be synonymous with masterful Sherlock Holmes interpretations. The set up of Moriarty is brilliant, as is the rest of the supporting characters from Mycroft and Lestrade to Mrs. Hudson and Molly. The cases are engorging and cleverly put together, as are the dialogues and arcs between episodes. I cannot wait to jump into series 2, right into my favorite episode of the lot, A Scandal in Belgravia with Irene Adler and rediscover the other two wonderful parts to the 2nd run.
    I will try again to examine and mold theories as to Sherlock's fall, and maybe uncover new evidence with fresher eyes.
    One thing is certain: Series three is going to be a whopper!

fc,135x135,white.jpg
    happy days on dvd
    The BAFTA'S! Huge congrats to Babs and MGW for Skyfall's success!
    Just finished all 6 episodes of Channel 4's Utopia, WOW! At last British TV makes something original, daring & the ending wasn't a cop out, outside of Sherlock I was wondering whether we could compete with out American counterparts and this series shows we can and there is no reason for a U.S remake this is slick and stylish enough and should have no problem working over there (hear me USA).

Having caught the last 3 episodes the night after this week's Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror, probably the best one of the series yet my faith in British TV has returned, yes we can do if we try, now can we have series 2 of Utopia, I want to no what happened to Arby? (the brilliant Neil Maskell).
  • TRSTN1TRSTN1 Tokio,North Dakota U.S.A

The West Wing on Netflix
    Will be watching Graham Norton shortly!
    Ripper street on bbc1 - catch up on I player
    Looking forward to watching sky sports this afternoon for cup final
    Complicit. Not what i thought it would be? Understood the plot, very underplayed and quite boring in parts. Very disappointed sadly.

Ripper St finale. As always another fantastic episode. Very pleased that they have commissioned a 2nd season! :-bd
  • Castle 2 parter
    WWE Raw

Paul Bearer , 58 (Undertakers manager and partner in crime) :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @RogueAgent, was that show good? I saw preview for it and it gave me a Ritchie 'Sherlock Holmes' feel and it looked great.

I'm ashamed to say that 'Extreme Couponing' is playing on my television in the background right now. Still not sure why people want 125 toothbrushes in one purchase, but whatever.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, was that show good? I saw preview for it and it gave me a Ritchie 'Sherlock Holmes' feel and it looked great.

I'm ashamed to say that 'Extreme Couponing' is playing on my television in the background right now. Still not sure why people want 125 toothbrushes in one purchase, but whatever.

It would be great if Sherlock Holmes 3 was a Holmes/Ripper face-off!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that would be very interesting. I really hope they all return to do a third film. Speaking of television shows AND 'Sherlock,' I just have not seen the second series yet. Way too many video games and films that I've had to tackle lately.
    Yesterday I watched Doctor Who & Orphan Black.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Just finished watching all 6 seasons of lost on blu ray (started in July last year).
    What can we say? I was sad to see the show end that's for sure! It's been a part of my evenings for nearly a year . I know people say it got all boring and confusing but I stuck with it and enjoyed it because I liked the mystery and was invested in the characters.
    Anyone else want season 7?
    Wait for it.........? Lizard Lick Towing! =))
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Utopia. Yes I know that it finished months ago. It's been sitting on the skybox for ages.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Best thing I've seen on TV for ages and the best thing to come out of Britain (TV wise) since Life On Mars.

Doctor Who. Not as good as last weeks episode (loved that one) but Dougray Scott was in it, which was a nice surprise.

It was an alright ghost story episode. Not really Christopher Eccleston quality but nowhere near as bad as Tennants last episodes. Thought the ending was a bit cheesey.

I'm miles behind with TV. Still have a few episodes of The Walking Dead to watch.
    Doctor Who / CSI / Defiance :-bd