SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Dennis Gassner is confirmed to return to Bond 24 after winning an art direction award for Skyfall:
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/art-directors-guild-awards-2013-winners-list/
    Talked about in the appreciation thread. Rooney mara dismisses the rumor

http://www.mtv.com/n..._medium=twitter

Rooney Mara: I ‘Hope’ To Make Dragon Tattoo Sequels; Actress Says Daniel Craig Also Game To Return

http://www.accesshol...n_article_75970
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This would be after the next Bond anyway, so all is good as far as Bond 24 goes I think.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Germanlady, thanks for posting that here, as well; I knew we were discussing TGWTDT somewhere. Nice to hear her ensure that something that crazy won't happen, and it's also nice knowing that her and Fincher are at least keeping in constant contact about the film. I'd really appreciate it if he returned and did the rest of the trilogy.
    It's good to hear Craig will be back. That series would be so embarrassing with a recast or a write-out of Craig's character. I've updated the list.
    More to the point is will the films ever get made? It has the momentum of a snail.
    Maybe all this indicates, that there is some movement on the front, even though it produced some weird rumors. They KNOW, there is money in the franchise with the films AND the DVD's. Just the 90 mill was crazy AND the release date. Tatoo certainly is not X-mas material
    The scripts are done, and Craig is filming 'The Monuments Men' for a release this year. I suppose he will do press and whatnot for that film, and start shooting 'Bond 24' after. Maybe TGWPWF in 2014, just to jump into 'Bond 25' at that point? I'm not sure. It should prove hectic.
    As we've already said if it was a runaway success filming would already be underway on the next two films.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I really don't care about the Dragon movies, although I did like the first one BUT my priority interest is for Craig to get cracking on and ensure he fulfills his remaining 2 contracted Bond movies. If they can start filming later this year or early next year, resulting in an Autumn/Winter release for 2014, I'm happy and with SF now sitting comfortably at number 7 on the all time BO list, above the likes of Bourne, Batman and MI, EoN better not shoot themselves in the foot and mess things up.
    The Monuments Men start on 1st March and i assume will shoot into June, with DC not needed ALL the time. There WOULD be a gap for the sequel before a Nov/Dec Bond start, as he is not front and center either.

TMM will be released 20something December to qualify for the Oscar run. The promotion for that wouldn't interfer with a Bond start, as they don't need him to do all the promo, since they have more then enough high class actors in this film.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    doubleoego wrote:
    EoN better not shoot themselves in the foot and mess things up.

With a likely solid script as we've been led to believe, that's been worked on for a while, that gives them a fighting chance. This time things will be different, you can sense it.
    so the crew is starting to get lined up interesting
    so he isn't on yet interesting.
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Its there any truth to the return of Blofeld rumors for Bond 24? Supposedly they managed to get the right back after that other guy's death
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Risico007 wrote:
    so he isn't on yet interesting.

..If you believe Broccoli. Remember when Naomi Harris wasn't Moneypenny? Me either.
    This is great to see, almost as if it's a done deal. ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The producers are fully aware of what their next step is but they're keeping it to themselves despite what they tell the media and will reveal it when they're ready to. It's basic PR protocol.
    I for one would like to see Craig complete the Larrson trilogy!
    delete
    If it isn't mendes we should know soon enough would love Jaume Collet-Serra but that is just me
    Risico007 wrote:
    If it isn't mendes we should know soon enough would love Jaume Collet-Serra but that is just me

No thank you. While I quite enjoyed 'House of Wax' and 'Orphan,' those are a completely different genre than Bond, and 'Unknown' was a really bad movie. I'm sure he would want to put Neeson in the film somewhere, as well.
  • AliAli
    edited February 2013 Posts: 319
    Stamper wrote:
    It can't be 2014. The script should be finished and approved by now and it isn't. Movies needs three years minimum or the sequels sucks. One year writing and prep, one year shooting and release, one year promo and rest. It's fall 2015, or it's a crap QOS film all over again.

George Lucas took three years over the Star Wars prequels. I reckon if they'd given him 3 days to write them they'd have been far better. Sometimes you need spontaneity. Let's face it, there's a template for Bond films that's worked for 50 years with very little variation. This isn't Memento, Apocalypse Now or Pulp Fiction he's writing.

• AliAli
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Unknown' was a really bad movie.

Not so much bad, just very, very lazy. Take a bit of Taken and an awful lot of Polanski's Frantic, but remove any chemistry between the leads. Out pops Unknown.
    @Ali, it had a pretty good setup, but the twist was obvious and that editing...oh, man, the editing.
  • AliAli
    Very true. It felt made for TV, in convenient 12 minute bite size chunks for the hard of thought. They also horribly underutilised Bruno Ganz. His was the only character in the whole film that stood out.
    Ali wrote:
    Very true. It felt made for TV, in convenient 12 minute bite size chunks for the hard of thought.

Absolutely. I was pretty stoked for it, as well, but a majority of the editing in the fight scenes was abysmal and hard on the eyes - worse than 'Taken 2' - made it incredibly unenjoyable for me. Stick to what you're doing now, Serra. Or, you could always make a second 'House of Wax.' That'd be a guilty pleasure of mine.

Overall, I'm really interested in seeing how the next two Bond films and the final two 'Millennium' films pan out. Craig needs to avoid any other projects and work on doing these four movies.
  • AliAli
    See, I watched the original Swedish Millennium films and just can't see Craig as Blomkvist as a result. Michael Nyqvist played him as a far more down to earth person. Craig comes with too much action hero baggage. And Noomi Rapace will always be Lisbeth. I'm not really bothered about the English language versions now and I'd rather see more Bond.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Ali wrote:
    See, I watched the original Swedish Millennium films and just can't see Craig as Blomkvist as a result. Michael Nyqvist played him as a far more down to earth person. Craig comes with too much action hero baggage. And Noomi Rapace will always be Lisbeth. I'm not really bothered about the English language versions now and I'd rather see more Bond.

I read the books before the swedish films were made and Blomkvist has Daniel Craig written all over him, I pictured him while I was reading the books. The swedish films made a joke out of Blomkvist, completely changed him and also changed Lisbeth a lot. Suddenly Lisbeth was superwoman and Blomkvist was almost useless. Fincher's film, on the contraire, kept the characters true to the books.