What Would You Have Done As James Bond?

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited February 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 40,372
Out of all of James Bond's missions, he has found himself in scenarios that were big to handle, yet he still ended up victorious, in a sense. Since things have grown hectic on here, I wanted to create a new topic and ask you: what would you have changed if you were in James Bond's shoes?

Would you have hidden M and Kincade before Silva and his men came, and fought them off on your own in SF? Would you have considered Wade's proposal and called in the reinforcements before storming the dish in GE? How would you have gone about alerting everyone to the bomb in OP? What would have been your tactic for destroying the 'dragon' in DN, and might that have led to a different approach to the mission? Take anything from any of the films, and discuss away.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I would have NOT bedded Paris Carver. But then, I guess Bond is just a little messed up in that area.
    :-<
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    chrisisall wrote:
    I would have NOT bedded Paris Carver. But then, I guess Bond is just a little messed up in that area.
    :-<

Why not? I would. :)

--

I would try to save Vesper the quickest as possible. I guess that all Bond fans would.
  • I would NOT have bedded May Day.
    MaxRebo120 wrote:
    I would NOT have bedded May Day.

And the award for the best change in Bond tactics goes to.... :))
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Why not? I would. :)

Married....
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited February 2013 Posts: 2,635
    chrisisall wrote:
    Married....

I'd kill her husband first :P
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Married....

I'd kill her husband first :P
    THERE ya go!!!
    L-)
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Have a lifetime supply of condoms handy in my mansion. How Bond managed never to contract AIDS without condoms is beyond me.
    jka12002 wrote:
    How Bond managed never to contract AIDS without condoms is beyond me.
    Superiour genetic resistance coupled with high blood alcohol content.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    One of his gadgets in the future should be MI6 branded condoms.

Q: "Your next gadget, 007."

Bond: "Thanks, Q, these will help me slip out of nasty situations."

Q: "Actually, 007, you'll want to slip these on."

=))
    One of his gadgets in the future should be MI6 branded condoms. =))

Lol
    " M16 Condoms? You must be joking!"
    Q ; "I never joke about my work! Here ill demonstrate it for....."
    Bond : "NO!......No, no thats not important...."
    One of his gadgets in the future should be MI6 branded condoms.

Make them fire lasers on the tip =))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ...and now back on topic and away from spam, any other suggestions or thoughts?
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I wouldn't have taken M to Skyfall. I'd have left her at a travelodge or something then when Silva and his goons do show up at the lodge, M isn't in any danger. Problem solved.

I wouldn't have banged May Day.

I would have banged Bibi.

I would have been able to tell my gun was empty in DAD.

I wouldn't have tried to skydive after a plane in Goldeneye (there's being a badass and then there's being an idiot. Although I had just finished machine gunning tons of Russian soldiers and blowing up a Russian weapons facility so prison or exchange doesn't seem likely. And on top of that they'd want to cover up any possible evidence of Alecs defection, so I'd definetly end up being executed and I'm screwed either way in that situation).

I would have taken my chances in the rapids in Die Another Day (I'd have a much more likely chance of survival than in Goldeneye. Moon managed to get out alive).

I wouldn't have charged into an embassy with a gun in CR (again, that's just being plain stupid). Instead I would've shot the bomb maker in the leg when the chase started, thwarting his parkour abilities and stopping him running to the Embassy, while also not killing him.

All in all I think I'd do a better job than Bond in lots of situations :P
    @thelivingroyale, that's what I always think about when Skyfall appears on screen: Bond could have just parked his car in the woods and left her there. Or got her a motel room. Or gave her numerous supplies and left her in the woods. Or gone ahead and placed her in the chapel. So many options than placing her front and center for a fight.
    Although its a big part of the 007 franchise, i wouldnt want to rely on Q gadgets all the time during my missions. Only exception would be the Aston Martin DB5
    jka12002 wrote:
    Although its a big part of the 007 franchise, i wouldnt want to rely on Q gadgets all the time during my missions. Only exception would be the Aston Martin DB5

My only problem was that some of the gadgets seemed to be incredibly unique, yet they always came in handy: DAD ring, I'm looking at you.

With broad gadgets such as the radio in SF, I think it works out better and is a lot more plausible. I just wonder how the exchange between Bond and Silva would have ended up had Bond not turned it on before arriving at his island.
    i would have checked my gun after having sex with Miranda Frost...

002 wrote:
    i would have checked my gun after having sex with Miranda Frost...

Same here, and he should have already known.
    I would root the Xperia T and install CyanogenMod :)
    Funny, I thought about starting a thread about the mistakes Bond made that were understandable giving his character. Anyway, yes, the most obvious one for me is the one in DAD, when he does not notice his gun is empty.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,341
    jka12002 wrote:
    Have a lifetime supply of condoms handy in my mansion. How Bond managed never to contract AIDS without condoms is beyond me.

Maybe he is HIV positive...and getting an STD is not the only concern... he probably has some "little Jacks and Jills") all around the world
    He probably has been practising safe sex since TLD but before then....I'm sure he left several of his leading ladies in a "delicate condition".
    Ludovico wrote:
    Funny, I thought about starting a thread about the mistakes Bond made that were understandable giving his character. Anyway, yes, the most obvious one for me is the one in DAD, when he does not notice his gun is empty.

I think the main problem with that is there are countless times we see Bond check the chamber and the magazine before fighting - at least in Craig's era. I'm sure there are also many more times that Bond goes straight into battle without checking, but it's just something I feel that Bond should have known to do.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

I think the main problem with that is there are countless times we see Bond check the chamber and the magazine before fighting - at least in Craig's era. I'm sure there are also many more times that Bond goes straight into battle without checking, but it's just something I feel that Bond should have known to do.

I think so too. I mean he's been using his Walther on numerous occasions, he should know its weight instinctively, feel the difference right away.
    I would have bedded Mayday but would have taken the dominant position!

What a mental image!
  • Creasy47 wrote:

What a mental image!

I can't even unsee it in my head.

What would I do as James Bond?

I would have buried Dr. No under a ton of bird poop.
    I would have insisted on Aki rather than Kissy.
    I would have made sure Blofeld's dead in Switzerland.
    I would have taken the Golden Gun.
    I would have chosen a more suiting disguise in East Germany.
    I would have banged Camille.
    I would have started the gunfight at Silva' place earlier before Severine even had to die. Seriously, you had three choppers on standby and you waited until the poor bird got a hole in her head?
    I would have made Silva follow me and leave M on somewhere else.
    I would not have resisted the advances of Bibi in For Your Eyes Only! Maybe it was the first sign Roger was getting too old to play Bond. Someone else once said to me "Sean Connery's Bond would've nailed that slut!"
    The bond girl in FYEO had a mustache, so i would pass on her......
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jka12002 wrote:
    The bond girl in FYEO had a mustache, so i would pass on her......
    She's French, they're hairy.