What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

edited January 2020 in No Time To Die Posts: 12,837
MOD EDIT: Edited and updated to reflect 'Bond 25' title song discussion.

Couldn't find a thread, I did search but I couldn't find one apart from the Bond 23 thread and the one about existing songs being good Bond themes. Anyways, what does everybody think?

Do you want Adele back? Somebody different, or another returning artist/band? I have quite a few choices, some of them much more probable than others. Videos spoiler tagged to stop the thread lagging.

There's Rush first of all. You've probably heard Tom Sawyer and all the other classics but here's an example of their newer work.

Or the brother who I thought was always better, Noel Gallagher. This track was made for Bond (literally, I think). I wouldn't mind his brother Liam and the rest of Beady Eye getting a crack at it either though.

The Heavy I think are a fairly realistic choice too, and something I'd like to see.

And finally Muse. Rumoured along with Adele for SF, I think they would've been a much better choice. This song (written as a Bond theme) has been stuck in my head since I first heard it. Again, could happen.

I'd also like to see Slash and I'd like it if Cornell came back. Don't think I want Adele again.

Comments

• edited May 2013 Posts: 34
    This gets my vote...

Tailor made:

Hypothetically speaking there would have had to have been a Bond film called 'Heaven'' which of course would have never happened. The song has that Bond tone however...see if you agree...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Emeli Sande would be an excellent choice.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    agent006 wrote:
    Hypothetically speaking there would have had to have been a Bond film called 'Heaven'' which of course would have never happened. The song has that Bond tone however...see if you agree...

Who said that the movie needs to have the same name of the song? :-w
  • Well most of the songs I like in the series have had the title of the film...of course now that you mention it OHMSS I don't believe did eh? Excellent. Well that being the case, than this song is a shoe in. Subjectively speaking of course. :-B

Other overlooked choices:

Robbie Williams
    Sting
    Bono

And I still don't understand why they missed using Shirley Bassey for at least the end credits in SF. Might have made up for what I deemed a cinematic bore.

Or...a Chinese singer called Faye Wong

• jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Jesper Kyd

• TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    dpeche mode
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Michael Bublé.

These are basically Bond tributes (videos tagged to stop the page from lagging):

I would greatly enjoy hearing Adele create and sing another title song. Otherwise, some names that come to mind include David Bowie, Roger Daltrey, perhaps Ann Wilson, Linkin Park, or Poliça. I also agree with the notion of Michael Bublé as a potential vocalist.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Polica? interesting pick, @BMT! I love 'Dark Star'. Now I need to listen to their whole album. My own vote goes to Bat for Lashes, as her voice can be haunting- she could do a great YOLT-style track.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    These are basically Bond tributes (videos tagged to stop the page from lagging):

No shit...? he said that in fiorst post

Watch your bloody mouth. I didn't want some people to think that I had some actual spoiler filled content in the coding, so I made everyone aware that all there was were music videos from Michael.
    @QBranch, "Dark Star" is certainly one of their best, but I really like "Wandering Star" off the same album. There is such stark beauty in that song....
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I didn't want some people to think that I had some actual spoiler filled content in the coding,
    Well, I was certainly spoiled by a lot of bub'... :))
    QBranch wrote:
    I didn't want some people to think that I had some actual spoiler filled content in the coding,
    Well, I was certainly spoiled by a lot of bub'... :))
    Yeah, he's pretty great. :)
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,143
    I wouldn't ordinarily like to see Michael Bublé do it as I have had the perception of him being too cliched and cheesy in the past by having just seen his Feeling Good music video kindly linked by @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I have to admit I loved it. It reminded me of classic sixties Bond, oozing with class and style. I cant knock those that appreciate him, I think that video has just converted me! Feeling Good incidentally was also a cover performed by Muse, the band mentioned by @thelivingroyale and is a fantastic version also. Muse are one of my favourite bands and would be a great choice for Bond.
  • These are basically Bond tributes (videos tagged to stop the page from lagging):

No shit...? he said that in fiorst post

Watch your bloody mouth. I didn't want some people to think that I had some actual spoiler filled content in the coding, so I made everyone aware that all there was were music videos from Michael.

Don't mind him he's just trying to start trouble.

Adele is certainly welcome back in my books, but otherwise I'd really like

Florence + The Machine

Breath of Life

No Light

Seven Devils
    @thelivingroyale
    Woah, "The Heavy" are not exactly famous..

Would love them though :)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Paloma Faith is the one to watch ;)

Sorry if I don't post any videos, but with the compliments of GEMA since I moved to Germany I'm no longer allowed to watch music videos :-w
    Can I just say that I want a band/group/singer that does the movie credit and not some arty farty song that gets no recognition outside of the theater.
    Adele did show us again how it is done.
    Would absolutely be over the moon to have Portishead do the theme.
  • RC7RC7
    Buble? Jesus Christ.

Anyone heard Jessie Ware's vocals? She's very good live and fits most genres. The more I think about it the more I'd like an electronic theme, underscored with some brass and strings. Adele was archetypal Bond, but very route one. I'd love them to take a chance and do something unexpected.
    I always wanted Christina Aguilera to perform a James Bond theme song.
    RC7 wrote:
    Anyone heard Jessie Ware's vocals?

Nope, which is why the prods will never pick her.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Speak for yourself. She's done quite well for herself in the UK, got BRIT nominations and everything. So she is fairly famous even if you personally haven't heard of her.

Besides, this is about who people would like, not guessing who the producers would choose. I can't see any of my choices actually happening.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    me or flo rida
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Especially if you haven't heard of her. Maybe you should drop EON your email, save them casting anyone you've never heard of. Afterall you were a huge fan of Berenice Marlohe before Skyfall.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    samainsy wrote:
    me or flo rida

Never gonna happen. Rappers aren't a part of Bond.
  • Adele again - honestly despite the Oscars performance she's the next Shirley Bassey and should get a 5 movie deal, she can grow with the franchise.
    I really don't know about contemporary music so I can't really think of anyone for Bond 24. Maybe Fleetwood Mac would be an interesting option (pitty that Christine isn't there anymore) but it is too much 80's. I would change LTK's awful song for something of Fleetwood Mac.
This discussion has been closed.