current tv shows u should watch thread

edited January 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,782
With the advent of the net, online streaming services and good old fashioned piracy, we can now watch pretty much any show in the world.

So if u can recommend any current TV show in your country or region that members should watch.

The Following.

Just watched the first episode featuring a one time would be James bond, James Purefoy.

Verdict. A must see. Creepy, disturbing and insane. Great TV. Really can't wait until the next episode.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sherlock BBC
    Castle
    The Mentalist
    Elementary
    NCIS

Not really a TV person, as too much is stupid reality now.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Suits
  • Well, Fringe just ended a week ago, but it's a truly brilliant show.
  • AliAli
    It might be old hat, but no-one should miss out on the Battlestar Galactica reimagining.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 7,653
    Lewis
    Death in Paradise
    Silent Witness
    Father Brown
    NCIS
    CSI
    Elementary
    Doctor Who
    Sherlock Holmes BBC
    The Killing (Danish version)
    Borgen (Danish again)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Sherlock BBC. What a great show.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Not really a TV person, as too much is stupid reality now.

I'd quote Big Brother on that.

• edited January 2013 Posts: 4,813
    I loved the pilot for The Following as well- though I'm having a time wondering how they're going to make a whole series out of that concept. I mean, the premise sounds more like movie to me. But time will tell.

Currently watching:
    Arrow- ROCKS. It's almost like having a Batman tv show
    Breaking Bad- Watched the whole thing twice- can't wait for it to start up again
    The Cleveland Show- I initially watched it simply because I had seen every Family Guy, but it's actually pretty awesome!
    Doctor Who- GF made me watch it. Currently making my way through the series starring Eccleston. It's ok so far. I love the concept, but not the execution.
    Golgo 13- from Japan; found it nostalgic since I had the game and the movies as a kid. Got excited when I found a brand new show! It's cool, it's an animated show about a hitman who's very Bond-like only he's his own boss and not a good guy. He'll kill anyone.
    New Girl- reminds me of me and my roommates from college- plus I LOVE Zooey
    Rescue Me- Great show- still on season 6
    Ultimate Spider-Man- not to be taken seriously- super funny! Find myself laughing out loud many times at what a smartass Peter is! Plus Agent Coulson is in it! Spidey is constantly breaking the 4th wall and it's much more like a comedy sitcom than a comic book (this is no Batman The Animated Series, get my drift?) so it may not be for everyone, but I love it
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 246
    Enjoying new series of Borgen. BBC's current offering of Danish TV fare after The Killing, and The Bridge. All excellent.
    UK-wise it's Ripper Street, Silent Witness and Mr Selfridge. Derek starts next week - looks great.
    Recent favourites - Hunted, Downton Abbey, Peep Show, QI, The Paradise, An Idiot Abroad and The Great British Bake Off
    US - Girls is funny, Dexter still entertaining (although everyone I know slags it off now)
    Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones - basically anything HBO and the odd Starz or Showtime series
    Really looking forward to House of Cards on Netflix (inevitably will pale by comparison to the brilliant original, but if it's different enough it should be a good watch) They've picked up Lillyhammer too. So there'll be a second series after all.

I'm sure there's loads more...
  • Sherlock
    Doctor Who
    Utopia
    Misfits

And then there's a few comedies like Peep Show, Friday Night Dinner, Family Guy, South Park, American Dad, etc.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Death in Paradise

I'm enjoying that. Didn't expect much so it was a nice surprise.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Last Resort was good, but sadly, it's series finale was last night. Revolution's good. The Walking Dead is superb, as always (my favorite show on TV right now). Ultimate Spider-Man is good. Ben 10 Omniverse is okay. I can't forget Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Arrow is awesome.
  • Oh damn I forgot Walking Dead
    Dexter and Homeland for me. Elementary is on against Suits in the U.S. and I'll take Suits on Thursday nights. When they replay Suits during the day they censor the dreaded 'sh**' word out of it. We are such prudes when it comes to that.
    Dexter, Homeland, and Justified.

Seriously, the writing on Justified is probably the best bad-ass writing I've ever experienced. I literally say out loud every episode "This show is so good" because it makes me want to sit and watch it for hours. IMO nothing better on television right now.

I'm quite interested in a new show on FX called "The Americans" about a two Russian spies living in America as a family during the Cold War. It premiers January 30th. Looks pretty good too.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Oh damn I forgot Walking Dead

Ah crap me too! lol

Sherlock
    The Walking Dead
    Misfits
    Utopia
    Doctor Who
    This Is England *insert year here*(can't wait for a 3rd series).
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 2,341
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Dexter, Homeland, and Justified.

Seriously, the writing on Justified is probably the best bad-ass writing I've ever experienced. I literally say out loud every episode "This show is so good" because it makes me want to sit and watch it for hours. IMO nothing better on television right now.

I'm quite interested in a new show on FX called "The Americans" about a two Russian spies living in America as a family during the Cold War. It premiers January 30th. Looks pretty good too.

I agree with everything you say except for Dexter. I never watch that show. I just can't get past seeing that actor as anything but the character he played on Six Feet Under. Maybe its just me. I hear good things about the show but seeing that gay undertaker as a serial killer....naw.

• Breaking Bad- Watched the whole thing twice- can't wait for it to start up again

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    By the way, have you watched Breaking Bad? It's the best show on TV since The Wire.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Y'all should see:
    Firefly
    CHUCK
    Dark Angel
    Eureka (this show is SOOOO good)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    My past favorites that have left the air or are on re-runs:

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    Monk
    Boy Meets World
    Batman The Animated Series
    The New Batman Adventures
    The Granada Sherlock Holmes Series
    Human Target (thanks for cancelling it, FOX X( )
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Current shows:
    The Mentalist
    Revenge
    Hawaii Five-0
    Family Guy
    Reba
    The Walking Dead

My Old favorites:

Spiderman The Animated Series
    X-Men The Animated Series
    Batman The Animated Series ( currently re watching the series)
    Full House
    Boy Meets World
    Save By The Bell
    TGIF
    Way to many others to mention!
    My Old favorites:

Spiderman The Animated Series Sadly, it doesn't get reruns anymore
    X-Men The Animated Series Same with this, too
    Batman The Animated Series ( currently re watching the series) On the Hub? Me too, along with Superman and Batman Beyond
    Full House Good choice
    Boy Meets World I still watch reruns
    Save By The Bell Never got into it that much
    TGIF Was this a show, or do you mean ABC's Friday Night block?

I used to love Full House, until I found out how much of a #$#@#%#%@#@$%#^%@%$#$^$%@#^$#% that Bob Saget was. Now I can't even bring myself to watch it.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    My Old favorites:

Spiderman The Animated Series Sadly, it doesn't get reruns anymore
    X-Men The Animated Series Same with this, too
    Batman The Animated Series ( currently re watching the series) On the Hub? Me too, along with Superman and Batman Beyond
    Full House Good choice
    Boy Meets World I still watch reruns
    Save By The Bell Never got into it that much
    TGIF Was this a show, or do you mean ABC's Friday Night block?

I have all the Spiderman/X-Men/ Batman episodes on my computer so I have easy access. I do watch Batman Beyond on the hub every now and then, same with Goosebumps!!

As for TGIF, yeah I meant the night bock with like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Boy Meets World, etc.

Forgot to add 24 to my list and King Of The Hill
    Southland (the best US cop show ever)
    Suits
    The Big Bang Theory
    NCIS
    The Walking Dead

Despite being British I can't think of any home grown shows currently deserving of making the list!
  • Outnumbered should be considered a classic British show. Wonderful writing.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Dryden wrote:
    Southland (the best US cop show ever)
    Suits
    The Big Bang Theory
    NCIS
    The Walking Dead

Despite being British I can't think of any home grown shows currently deserving of making the list!

Not even Sherlock (if you have seen it)?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I adore Sherlock (BBC) and I like Leverage (U.S.) a lot.

Has anyone seen Mad Dogs? with Phil Glenister? It looks good; I haven't seen any episodes. Anybody care to fill me in?
    Can anybody tell me if Sherlock has been released on DVD in the US? I've been hearing so much damn good stuff about it, that I would really like to watch it now.
    Can anybody tell me if Sherlock has been released on DVD in the US? I've been hearing so much damn good stuff about it, that I would really like to watch it now.

Yes, both series 1 and 2 are on DVD. I have yet to track down a Blu-ray copy of either on shelves, so maybe I will use my Amazon gift cards from the holidays on them. :-?

By the way, @Agent007391, how is Mars? ;)