Spectre car?

edited February 2015 in SPECTRE Posts: 25
Have any ideas of a car that James should drive in bond 24?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think this expands beyond just a general wish-list..

Think about it.. Craig, for reasons evident in Skyfall, will be looking for a new ride for Bond 24. Should they bring back the DB9, DBS, or stay with the classic DB5?

I say the "new" Rapide:
    2014-aston-martin-rapide-s-photo-498344-s-520x318.jpg

Bigger grille for a financially bigger Bond.
    And four doors for Bond's family picnics with the kids.
    Agent005 wrote:

What's wrong with four doors? It doesn't exactly scream 'super spy' but couldn't that be the point?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

What's wrong with four doors? It doesn't exactly scream 'super spy' but couldn't that be the point?

I suppose it'd be all right... I just have something against Bond driving a saloon, even if it is an Aston.
    Agent005 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

I suppose it'd be all right... I just have something against Bond driving a saloon, even if it is an Aston.

Perhaps it could be M's government car, and when Q tells Bond he doesn't have a vehicle for him yet he just 'steals' it instead. Q stutters.. "dou.. double oh seven!" as the beautiful v12 screeches out of the garage.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Should they bring back the DB9

Sorry, but... Come again? Bond never drove a DB9.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Should they bring back the DB9

Sorry, but... Come again? Bond never drove a DB9.

Sorry, I added it after I had originally typed "should they bring back the DBS" to include it in the discussion.

Sue me.

Actually get back to something that matters..
    How about the new Jag F-Type?

2014-Jaguar-F-Type-front-three-quarter.jpg
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I can't imagine series w/o the DB5. Is there someway he could....win another one? :)
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 1,407
    =bg= wrote:
    I can't imagine series w/o the DB5. Is there someway he could....win another one? :)

I don't think we'll see the DB5 with Craig again but I can see a scenario in Bond 26 (Or whatever ends up being a new Bond's debut) as Q giving Bond one with gadgets saying something like "I know how much you missed your old one" but obviously not sappy like that. Some may hate the DB5 still, I can't wait to see it again personally.

As for Bond 24. Let's get a new Aston Martin in there for sure.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    No Jaguars or BMW's, please... Aston Martin needs to remain.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I want Bond to rent a new car with the intention of buying it, only to crash it during the course of the film. M can give him a present at the end, with Bond going down to the MI6 car park to see the parking valley, only to find M's bought him a new one. He can then go out and meet his girl.

A nice twist of one of the novel's ending there.
  • BenBen
    Samuel001 wrote:
    He can then go out and meat his girl.
    9481b9.png

But seriously, I really like the Aston Martin One-77.

Large%20Image.jpg?p=081029_10:32
    Ben wrote:
    But seriously, I really like the Aston Martin One-77.

Large%20Image.jpg?p=081029_10:32

We're two on that! I love that car.

• @JWESTBROOK I was going to suggest that myself. The new F type looks extremely cool.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    No Jaguars or BMW's, please... Aston Martin needs to remain.

I think all the recent Astons look too similar and Bond has driven other cars before.
  • AliAli
    The obvious choice, in this case, is perfect:

aston-martin-vanquish-35jpg.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,882
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

2014-Jaguar-F-Type-front-three-quarter.jpg

What in the name of Sir William Lyons have they done to Jaguar? Good god, it looks like something from Honda.
  • AliAli
    The F-Type is a lovely car spoiled by some really crass detailing. The cooling ducts are far too OTT.
    Ali wrote:
    The F-Type is a lovely car spoiled by some really crass detailing. The cooling ducts are far too OTT.

Thinking about it, it would look better without the ducts next to the grille, but I still think it's a lovely car. Nothing Asian about it styling wise..
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,882
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Nothing Asian about it styling wise..

nissan370znismo_1_400x0.jpg

I think there is. It wasn't until I noticed the badge that I realised it wasn't a Honda or Nissan but a Jaguar.
  • AliAli
    edited January 2013 Posts: 319
    I see a lot of this:

web-3.jpg

Jaguar-F-Type-Silver2.jpg
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Or this...

1973%20Jaguar%20%20E%20type%20series%20III%20Silver%20ext%20Red%20int%20008.jpg

COUGH COUGH
    :-w :-w :-w
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Or this...

COUGH COUGH

This one is actually not a bad idea.
  • His next car should be a Tesla: it's both nice and eco-friendly.
    The Morgan 4/4 Sport

2011_Morgan_4-4_Sport_001_5280.jpg
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Or this...

COUGH COUGH

No, none whatsoever.

@Ali, yes, I can see the S2000 in there.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Or this...

COUGH COUGH

No, none whatsoever.

@Ali, yes, I can see the S2000 in there.

Are you blind? The way the hood peaks in the middle, the shape of the headlamps and the positioning of the intake grille on the front? The E-type and F-type could be the same car if Jag had continually updated the E-type until now.

So Jag copied the future Asian cars all the way back in the 60's? NO. The Japs copied the Jag, and now the best is back.

They're clearly re-creating a piece of their heritage, not copying some Asian toy cars like you say. But whatever, your just being thick to annoy me.

I am quite happy for Bond to commandeer cars ....etc, and we can just see him use his abilities for a change? Or any other mode of transport for that matter.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited January 2013 Posts: 858
    As a company car:

lotus-esprit-concept-6.jpg

262upo2.jpg

Or let him steel this:
    fnwwtf.jpg
    9zomw.jpg

:D