Adele to perform at the Oscars

edited January 2013 in News Posts: 2,491
ZiDYRTM.png

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Would make the Oscars at least partially exciting. I look forward to seeing it.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Anything else then her perfoming Skyfall would be madness!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    And surely with that they're not going to now piss on everyone's chips by not giving her the Oscar?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    And surely with that they're not going to now piss on everyone's chips by not giving her the Oscar?

Not a chance... ;) :D
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    From her Facebook page:

We are delighted to confirm that Adele will perform her Oscar-nominated song Skyfall at the 85th Academy Awards in Los Angeles on 24 February.

Adele will perform Skyfall live for the first time anywhere during her exclusive Oscar show performance. It will also be Adele's first public performance since the Grammys last year.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Nice! This should mean one Oscar at least, now for the second one.
    Great! I have one concern though. They announced that the Bond tribute will be around 4 mineuts long. I hope they have a tribute AND have Adele perform seperatly. If they're mixed in together, I won't know what to watch! But either way, great news! Now let's get that Oscar!
    Press Release:

Multi-platinum selling singer-songwriter Adele will perform the Oscar®-nominated theme song from the latest James Bond movie at the 85th Academy Awards®, the show’s producers announced today. “Skyfall,” from the film of the same name, was announced as a nominee for Original Song at the Academy’s Nominations Announcement on January 10. The song, written by Adele and Paul Epworth, is the first Bond theme ever to debut in Billboard’s Top 10 and the first to be nominated for an Oscar since “For Your Eyes Only” in 1981.

Adele’s exclusive Oscar show performance will be the first time she will have performed “Skyfall” anywhere live and will also mark her first U.S. television performance since the Grammys® last year.

“It’s an honour to be nominated and terrifyingly wonderful to be singing in front of people who have captured my imagination over and over again,” said Adele. “It’s something I’ve never experienced and probably only ever will once!”

“We have enormous respect for Adele’s unique artistry as a songwriter and a singer,” said Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of this year’s Academy Awards show. “She is currently one of the most successful recording artists in the world, and we believe that her performance of ‘Skyfall’ will be an exciting Oscar moment for audiences watching at the Dolby Theatre™ and on television screens around the world.”

Oscar.com celebrates Adele’s performance with a special gallery of some of the most memorable James Bond theme songs through the years:

http://oscar.go.com/photos/themed-galleries/movies/bond-theme-songs

Oscars for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented on Oscar Sunday, February 24, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and will be hosted by Seth MacFarlane live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.
  • The Oscar's must have a good spread on.

Good news. What's the betting she sings her stuff whilst all the Bonds are wheeled out on stage and a gold Db5 in the background.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Does this means that she will not win " The best original song "? They put her up on the stage to sing instead of she get's the prize.
  • 12 fresh eggs, 6 oz butter, chives and/or fresh herbs, salt and pepper
    Break eggs into a bowl.
    Mix with fork and season with salt and pepper. In a small pan, melt 4 oz of butter.
    Pour eggs and cook over very low heat, whisking with a small whisk.
    When eggs are slightly moist and not quite done, remove pan from heat.
    Add remaining butter and continue whisking for 30 seconds, adding the herbs.
    Serve on hot buttered toast in individual copper dishes, with Champagne.

She's gonna win it.
  • I do think she still has a fairly good chance to win, regardless of her performance that night. None of the other songs are really on people's consciousness much, and the fact that hers comes a universally well-liked film only helps her chances. It's not a sure thing by any means, but she does have the edge so far.

Also, I do not think her performance will be part of the Bond tribute. Those will be two separate moments.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    MrBond wrote:
    Does this means that she will not win " The best original song "? They put her up on the stage to sing instead of she get's the prize.

All the nominees perform, from what I remember.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MrBond wrote:

Just the way they got Bond.
    The thing is, I bet if she performs before the winner of her category is announced, she didn't get it, but if she performs after, she did get it..

That would make sense, right?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The thing is, I bet if she performs before the winner of her category is announced, she didn't get it, but if she performs after, she did get it..

No, but it's the Oscars, so it will to them.
    Wonder if this means she will miss out on the best original song then? Would not surprise me in the least!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The rap group, three 6 mafia won an Oscar for best original song for the movie hustle and flow and I seem to remember them performing at the event also.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Then she will lose it according your logic, as I remember they always have all nominated songs sung before the actual opening of the enveloppe.

I think she will win, but I will actually enjoy it mostly seeing her sing Skyfall herself instead of some lame attempt of clip.

doubleoego wrote:
    The rap group, three 6 mafia won an Oscar for best original song for the movie hustle and flow and I seem to remember them performing at the event also.

And everyone had a fit over that, just because hip hop wasn't seen as dignified enough for the awards.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's just been anounced that Norah Jones will perform ‘Ted’, another nominated song at the Oscars.

What will this mean for Adele's chances?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's just been anounced that Norah Jones will perform ‘Ted’, another nominated song at the Oscars.

What will this mean for Adele's chances?
    Maybe all the songs will be performed throughout the night? Just like they showcase each Best Picture nominee one by one as the show goes on?
  • It's been awhile since I've watched the Oscars all the way through, but from past experience, with the exception of a two year gap with 2009 and 2010 (and no noms in 20120, they've gotten all Best Song nominations to perform. So asking her to perform doesn't mean anything in regards to whether or not she will win.