Just finished watching Tomorrow Never Dies

edited July 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 23
I must say, while I like the film just fine, it was far worse than on previous viewings and therefore has drop a fair number in my rankings, enough to be in my bottom 5 now. I don't know, especially after this viewing, I'm more inclined to side with the majority here - perhaps other than <i>Quantum of Solace</i>, no film in the series displays Bond as a terminator more than they do here and that there's so much action it gets tiring after a while. Speaking of the action, I like action in my films a fair bit, but I also like a little drama here and there.

I'll give it a <b>7/10</b>. Good, but the action really gets tiresome after a while and you really want Bond to do actual spying, instead of taking on a terminator persona and blowing things up all the time.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Hi @Cuish, it may to best to repost and continue your thoughts in this thread:

I agree though, a big end battle would've been much more suitable as well as a better setting than Carver's dull ship. Bond taking down the whole crew on his own was stupid to say the least.
    Done.

TND is the most cliched Bond film, IMO. Everything is checked off a list, the dialogue is dreafully obvious at times (what's he doing?!? His job!) and Brosnan is at his smarmiest. A fun film but very forgetable.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Ah, the Brosnan era YOLT sprinkled with a dash of TSWLM.... only not as good lol.... I can sit down and enjoy this movie, even though it leaves a lot to be desired... if anything I watch it for Carver's sweet Kung Fu at the end lol..
  • I don't mind this outing - for me it goes a bit tats up when they go find the stealth ship.

I like the opening sequence at the arms bazaar, PB looked the best when he walked out of the printing press - ultra cool bond. See below 2mins 12 in - so Bond and a bit Connery like.

Hated the car chase, the early Jinx character with Yeoh, don't mind the bike chase that was quite Bond but the ship ending was complete bank.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    It's considered heresy by many, but I actually prefer TND to GE(even though I definitely prefer Natalya to Wai Lin). It's less ambitious than its immediate predecessor but at the same time less pretentious, Brosnan's better suited to and much more comfortable in the role the 2nd time around, it moves at a good pace, and David Arnold provides his best Bond score. TND makes for a satisfying midrange entry in the series.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @PKK...

suspending all disbelief about the believability of both plots to each film... i just find the plot in GE just a tad more "realistic" - even though it really isn't....

Carver's "war for ratings" and broadcasting rights for 100 years just seems a bit too overboard for me... it's like if Ted Turner suddenly lost his mind and went apesh** lol..
    it may to best to repost and continue your thoughts in this thread:
This discussion has been closed.