James Bonds get free hotel rooms on Oscar night

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited January 2013 in News Posts: 13,350
People named James Bond are eligible for a free night in a hotel on Oscar night.

Although the film missed out in the major categories at this year's Academy Awards, the Premier Inn near Pinewood Studios has been renamed The Premier-IAN, in honour of Bond author Ian Fleming.

In addition to James Bonds getting free accommodation on February 24, anyone arriving in an Aston Martin will get free parking. Room 107 has been changed to Room 007 for the night.

Guests must provide a valid passport, driving licence or birth certificate to prove that their name is in fact Bond, James Bond.

Premier-IAN manager Ben Abbiw said: "James Bond is a truly British icon who deserves to be recognised.

"The Premier-IAN is so close to Pinewood Studios that we are the perfect stop off for film fans paying homage to Bond."

He added: "We guarantee a good night's sleep that will leave you neither shaken nor stirred."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a450975/james-bonds-get-free-hotel-rooms-on-oscar-night.html

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You must be joking.
  • Do you reckon they'll have two way mirrors recording your erm time in the room?
    I'm going to change my name to James bond. :)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I would say a fairly naff but pretty inspired way of getting free publicity.

How much can this possibly cost them? At most I cant see more than 2 or 3 people turning up.

For a start who, since about 1964, would name their son 'James' if their surname was 'Bond'? Unless you want your kid to get regularly battered at school dont saddle him with a name like that.
    Also statistically, for the same reason not many people called 'Sutcliffe' name their son 'Peter', there must be far fewer people called James Bond than there are say Peter Bonds or James Sutcliffes.

So if we assume from (the admiteddly sketchy) logic above that there are less James Bonds than the average name then multiply that by the fact that of all the James Bonds in England (I'm assuming no one would be pathetic enough to fly in specially from abroad) how many would deliberately go out of their way for a free night in Premier Inn? A night at a 5* Radissean or a suite at the Moorechester (do you see what I did there?) then yes but a free night at what is basically a Travel Tavern? Even if they are showing Bangkok Chickboys and are doing the breakfast buffet with the 12 inch plate is it really worth it unless you are an extremely sad individual?
  • I'll be surprised if anybody shows up.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If there was ever a time for fake IDs, it is NOW!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    "James Bonds get free hotel rooms on Oscar night"

All of them? ;-)
  • If there was ever a time for fake IDs, it is NOW!

Get a fake ID and fly to America just for one night at a Premier Inn? No thanks.
    There was an article in 'Soldier' magazine (the magazine of the British Army) a few years ago about a certain Private James Bond, he'd be sure to get in as, coincidently, the last three numbers of his army number were 007!

Get a fake ID and fly to America just for one night at a Premier Inn? No thanks.

I believe it is next to Pinewood Studios, which would be in UK, not America.

I believe it is next to Pinewood Studios, which would be in UK, not America.

Oh yeah, missed that bit. I assumed since it was on Oscar night that it'd be in America.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    There are innumerable people called James Bond out there! A quick search on LinkedIn generated hundreds, and roughly 10% of those have pictures or a middle name, meaning they are probably real people. So I bet more than 2 may show up.
  • Well if my name was James Bond then I'd want to get something free to compensate for all the years of being the butt of other people's jokes and Micky taking!
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    If my name was James Bond I would go to the hotel, call room service and order green figs , yogurt, coffee, very black. B-)