Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I don't like the idea of a Bond release not being filmed in 2013. Fingers crossed it is wrong as per usual. :-S

I must say though, if all this time made Skyfall so good, maybe it isn't a bad thing?
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    I don't like the idea of a Bond release not being filmed in 2013. Fingers crossed it is wrong as per usual. :-S

Same here, but he was right about
    M dying, Eve as Moneypenny, Mallory as the new M...

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Stuff we debated for months too.
    I'd rather have a new Bond in 2014 than Mendes back for 2015, and I loved Skyfall.

Even from a business stand point, you have Justice League, Avengers II, Star Wars 7, and quite a few other big ones lined up to challenge Bond.

That Carroll play Dame Judi is cast on seems very interesting.
    Sigh WTF i want Bond 24 in 2014 SIGH

:(
  • Sam Mendas did a great job directing Skyfall. So I would not mind if Michael & Barbara brought Sam Mendas back to helm Bond 24. (Even though I prefere Chris Nolan or Matthew Vaughn)
    A 2014 start doesn't mean the film won't come out that year. Most Bond productions start in January for a November release. Although maybe one of Mendes' conditions for coming back is for the shooting schedule not to be rushed. He had a good one with Skyfall starting in November 2011. Guess we'll see. If he really is coming back, I'll be very happy
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    bondbat007 wrote:
    A 2014 start doesn't mean the film won't come out that year. Most Bond productions start in January for a November release. Although maybe one of Mendes' conditions for coming back is for the shooting schedule not to be rushed. He had a good one with Skyfall starting in November 2011. Guess we'll see. If he really is coming back, I'll be very happy

In many of his interviews, he didn't like the rush of having only 9 months of production, so I doubt he'd push a shorter one.. unless they open in the UK and US both either late November or Christmas, but I think that makes the Billion that much harder to hit.

If they do start production after New Year 2014, it'll be a 2015 release, no doubt.
  • If it's pushed back to 2015, then it's a better chance that it'd be Craig's last. I could see him doing 2 more if they were done with them both in the next 4 to 5 years, but not 6 to 7 years.
    Gunbarrel wrote:
    If it's pushed back to 2015, then it's a better chance that it'd be Craig's last. I could see him doing 2 more if they were done with them both in the next 4 to 5 years, but not 6 to 7 years.

Yes, but Logan already has at least an outline complete for Bond 25, so if B24 is out in 2015, I'd bet they'd get it's supposedly direct sequel out by 2017 no problem, Mendes or not.

But no matter what, Bond 25's production really should be a secure 2 year gap, no doubt.
    Gunbarrel wrote:
    If it's pushed back to 2015, then it's a better chance that it'd be Craig's last. I could see him doing 2 more if they were done with them both in the next 4 to 5 years, but not 6 to 7 years.

He's signed on for 2 more, so he'll do those 2. But even if both movies are released 3 years apart, he'll still be under 50. And if Bond 24 and 25 are connected like rumored, then he'll be back
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    If this happens it is even more unlikely that Dan will do more Bond films after these two he is contracted for are released. :(
  • If Logan has already written B24/25, why couldn't they film it back-to-back so that Craig ends his tenure by 2015?
    If Logan has already written B24/25, why couldn't they film it back-to-back so that Craig ends his tenure by 2015?

Because that would be hectic. Like filming a four hour movie. You'd have to secure huge actors for two films, but get all their schedules lined up at the same time, travel to twice the locations with twice the work load, twice the pressure, and risk missing out on the hype build between B24 and B25. It's a tall order. And the actor's schedules would never allow it.
  • Didn't they actually announce at one point that we'd get a film every 2 years? I'm sick of the longer gaps.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I was right about two of those things, he could've just got lucky.
    Didn't they actually announce at one point that we'd get a film every 2 years? I'm sick of the longer gaps.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Yeah, they are all 50/50 odds when you get down to it.
  • Didn't they actually announce at one point that we'd get a film every 2 years? I'm sick of the longer gaps.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Nope, this Baz guy is seriously in the loop. He dropped the news on all of the above as well as Helen McCrory's and Berenice's casting . I think he gave us confirmation on Ralph Fiennes way back in the beginning in 2011, when he was touted as a potential villain.

For the SF launch press conference when Baz asked a question to Judi Dench, both Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes joked that with all the info Baz had their surprised he wasn't on the panel. This guy knows stuff and I think Eon may be quite comfortable with him revealing stuff, after all it's all with a very positive twist.

I don't mind when Bond 24 comes really, if 2015 means a better film then so be be it, I'd rather wait and get a good film then get a hurried undercooked movie. Plus I'm firmly in the camp that Mendes must return to the helm and if the 3 year gap makes him more comfortable then so be it.

• edited January 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Well this would be surprising, as Dan himself said in an interview I posted here, that production hopefully starts end of 13. I think, Babs will be more interested in having Daniel for as long as possible or rather for as many outings as possible then keeping Mendes on board. This might cost him, so I doubt, its gonna happen.
    If he needs zime, they can get him easily for 25. They will have no shortage now to get a high profile firector for 24.
    I woud rather watch a great Bond movie in 2015 than a mediocre one in 2014.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

In a sentence you said it all.

• RC7RC7

Ditto.
  • I woud rather watch a great Bond movie in 2015 than a mediocre one in 2014.

Agree 100% :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Going by this all it means is Bond 24 will begin production in January 2014 instead of the intended November 2013. Just like every Bond since GoldenEye except Skyfall, a November 2014 release will happen.

It's all good.
  • RC7RC7
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Going by this all it means is Bond 24 will begin production in January 2014 instead of the intended November 2013. Just like every Bond since GoldenEye except Skyfall, a November 2014 release will happen.

It's all good.

If Mendes 'came onto the production' in 2014 it certainly won't be released that year. He would need 6 months prep at least. It says production, but they obviously mean pre-production otherwise this wouldn't be a story.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Pre-production will be done this year. If filming begins in January, the film will be out by November. Going by past films, or any film, this is always the case.

The story is that filming has been 'delayed' two months. Baz is keeping up in the loop.
  • RC7RC7
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Pre-production will be done this year. If filming begins in January, the film will be out by November. Going by past films, or any film, this is always the case.

The Director doesn't just stroll on set in January. They guide the pre-production process.

edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    That will be done this year. Pre-production is this year, read the story agian. The only news is the 'start date' has been moved back two months. Mendes has done this before, with Richard III, remember?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2260511/Scarlett-Johansson-simply-sizzles-stage-A-Cat-On-A-Hot-Tin-Roof.html

If you disagree, that's fine. See you in November 2014.
    I really hope the movie won't be released until October 2015.