SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 25
    It makes sence for Bond 24 to have a 2014 release
    Things are different now. If they feel they can make a great movie by 2014, they will. If they feel like they have to wait until 2015, they will. Unlike the past, they know that the movie comes first
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 136
    Down to the script I think - if that's solid and good to go, then 2014 is perfectly feasible. Apparently Logan - reputation, second to none - is already advanced on that..

That still gives them most of next year to prep, cast, hone script etc with late 2013 and into 2014 for filming. Seems ok to me...
    JamesPage wrote:
    You can add:

October 2012 - Daniel Craig tells MI6 that a plot for Bond 24 has already been developed. (MI6 Confidential issue #18)

Thank you, James! Maybe it's time to put in that subscription.. :-?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK, that's what I was thinking. The new issues come out, I contemplate purchasing them, and when I act on it, they're sold out. Perhaps 2013 will be a new start in collecting them.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 2,115
    November 2012: MGM CEO Gary Barber confirms John Logan is working on script for Bond 24 and Bond 25 during call with investors and analysts. This occurs during Barber's prepared remarks at the start of the presentation. Later, during a question-and-answer session, Barber is asked when Bond 24 will come out. “If not in ’14, certainly in ’15,” he said.

(I listened a recording of the presentation on MGM's Web site.)
  • Also, the Daily Mail initially only reported that John Logan would write Bond 24 without Purvis & Wade. I believe the Deadline Hollywood site was the first to report Logan was writing Bond 24 and Bond 25.
    November 2012? I thought Logan submitted the first draft of 'Bond 24' in August 2012?
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    November 2012? I thought Logan submitted the first draft of 'Bond 24' in August 2012?

November 2012 is when MGM CEO confirms Logan was working on the script for the next two films.

Either way - it's good to know that B24 will likely be 2014...
  • Unless there's been a more recent statement, Barbara Broccoli hasn't committed to a 2014 release date for Bond 24.

For example, there's this Nov. 14, 2012, story in the Los Angeles Times.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-skyfall-next-james-bond-movie-20121113,0,1211206.story

"Sometimes there are external pressures from a studio who want you to make it in a certain time frame or for their own benefit, and sometimes we’ve given into that," Broccoli said. "But following what we hope will be a tremendous success with 'Skyfall,' we have to try to keep the deadlines within our own time limits and not cave in to external pressures."
    In this interview I posted and that most likely not many watched, Daniel is telling them, that he hopes to start shooting in one years time. The interview is from 1 day before French release, which is November.

There is also a nice tidbit around 13 min. about where the Bond theme comes from, which is in reality a song from a french composer, that John Barry took.
    If the film does not come out until 2015? Then i would expect that both Bond 24 & 25 scripts would be completed? Therefore potentially shooting back to back? Allowing a break for the obligatory premiere's! Then start filming Bond 25 for release a year later? I could live with that? However i just get a gut feeling that dear old JB will return in 2014? Atleast i sincerely hope so? [-O<
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Good to see even more news looking like 2014 will happen. Thanks.
  • RC7RC7
    Unless there's been a more recent statement, Barbara Broccoli hasn't committed to a 2014 release date for Bond 24.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-skyfall-next-james-bond-movie-20121113,0,1211206.story

"Sometimes there are external pressures from a studio who want you to make it in a certain time frame or for their own benefit, and sometimes we’ve given into that," Broccoli said. "But following what we hope will be a tremendous success with 'Skyfall,' we have to try to keep the deadlines within our own time limits and not cave in to external pressures."

Good to see this. Love Babs, she's totally got her finger on the pulse. Hope she stands by this.
  • RC7 wrote:
    Unless there's been a more recent statement, Barbara Broccoli hasn't committed to a 2014 release date for Bond 24.

Good to see this. Love Babs, she's totally got her finger on the pulse. Hope she stands by this.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm ecstatic that the franchise is in such capable hands. Could you imagine if EON had been sold to the highest bidder upon Cubby's death? I can't even imagine what would have happened then...

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:

Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm ecstatic that the franchise is in such capable hands. Could you imagine if EON had been sold to the highest bidder upon Cubby's death? I can't even imagine what would have happened then...

It doesn't bear thinking about does it? It's still my worst nightmare.
  • RC7 wrote:

She learned her lesson after the TND fiasco.
    Christopher Nolan looks to be hinging himself to a new sci-fi project with his brother, which they will likely start work on soon; I doubt we'll be seeing Nolan for Bond 24 in 2014 in that case.

Not going to include that in the timeline, unless it's later confirmed for some reason Nolan is attached... which I doubt.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:

Yeah I slagged Babs off as much as the next bloke over the likes of DAD, Tamahori and P&W but with the Craig era she does seem to have found her feet. Made a mistake appointing Forster but it was made with good intentions and she bravely pressed on with the strategy with Mendes rather than go for a safe Martin Campbell style pair of hands and it has paid off. She is growing into a very good Bond producer and hopefully she will go on as long as her old man.

Especially seeing as David G '007 Legends Executive Producer' Wilson seems to being groomed to one day take over. Heres a quote I found from him that should make you afraid. Very afraid.

"Eurocom, Activision, EON and Danjaq should be extremely proud of their collaboration to make the most diverse Bond video game to date," David G. Wilson, VP of Global Business Strategy, EON. "007 Legends pays great homage to the Bond legacy and is another way for fans to interact with the world's favorite spy as we celebrate the 50th anniversary."

VP of business strategy!!! And he seems to think a product like 007 Legends is a worthy and credible way to do business!?!? Bloke should be immediately sacked and Babs should take out a restraining order preventing him from coming within 500 yards of EONs offices.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Christopher Nolan looks to be hinging himself to a new sci-fi project with his brother, which they will likely start work on soon; I doubt we'll be seeing Nolan for Bond 24 in 2014 in that case.

Not going to include that in the timeline, unless it's later confirmed for some reason Nolan is attached... which I doubt.

I don't think Nolan was going to be available for Bond 24 anyways - wasn't he producing the movie made by Wally Pfister?
    Whoever takes it on, it should be someone, who doesn't turn it into a "Tarantinos take on Bond or Nolans" It should first and foremost be Bond by.....
  • I wonder if EON take into account the competition they would face at the box office in 2015 -- it might very well be that if released in the fall, Bond would have to run against Star Wars, Episode VII. As Disney has Avengers 2 booked for May, 2015, fans doubt they would want to chose the traditional May slot for Episode VII -- hence avoiding in-house competition. Should they move Episode VII into the fall season and should EON stick with the traditional fall release as well, then this would create an interesting situation, would it not? MI6 versus the Galactic Empire, or whatever will be in Episode VII . . .

;)

Anyway, I would prefer a three-year gap. These days, You cannot keep the pace of the Connery or Moore years and still make good movies, I think.
    Sam Mendes and John Logan have the green light for their creature drama on Showtime, widening the gap between Bond and Mendes.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Sam Mendes and John Logan have the green light for their creature drama on Showtime, widening the gap between Bond and Mendes.

It appears that they will launch production in late 2013, nudging Mendes out of availability to get Bond on track for 2014. More details on the project here:
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/62762/tca-john-logansam-mendes-tv-project-be-called-penny-dreadful
    Baz Bamigboye reported on January 11th that the Eon producers were in talk to get Mendes to direct Bond 24 with production starting in 2014, meaning the film would not be released until the crowded 2015 year.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5349/baz-bamigboye-reports-mendes-in-talks-to-return-to-bond-in-2014
    Daniel Craig may not return to the Millennium Trilogy, The Hollywood Reporter.. well.. reports. They say he is requesting more money, while the studio is looking to make budget cuts for the following two films. This may be one less thing Bond fans have to worry about for an early return for Bond to screens in 2014.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/girl-dragon-tattoo-sequel-whats-416621

(Thanks to @Marketto's site, JamesBondBrasil, for the catch.)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I just can't see Dan worried about money. Who knows... If Rooney backs out I say call it all off. :-<
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's going to take too long to do anyway. If they wanted to, the films would be in production by now. There's going to be a very long gap between films. I'd be surprised if it happened now.
    They would have to rewrite the script, as well, which cost a pretty penny. I hear the whole thing has been blown out of proportion, and it will only anger the leagues of fans of the books, so I don't see them cutting Blomkvist out of it.