Appreciation of new MI6

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting UndiscoveredCountry: typing the HTML tags is annoying and my mouse's scroll wheel is getting quite a workout
    Really hoping this can be resolved. Maybe having the page buttons up top as well.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    I'm trying to find an official message about it, but I assume the 24-hour editing limit has been lifted? I'm still able to edit my posts from over 24 hours ago.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Quoting CIS: I'm trying to find an official message about it, but I assume the 24-hour editing limit has been lifted? I'm still able to edit my posts from over 24 hours ago.
    Not being on facebook, I don't know if that's their setting or not, but it may not be a default setting on this forum? @AndrewLucas @Q @JamesPage thoughts lads?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If ongoing lists are created that need the first post to be edited, the 24 hour limit could become a really annoying problem. I hope it can be looked at.
    I'm curious to know if this is actually built on top of the same framework used for Facebook, alot of the features and design are identical.
  • @DarthBork No, it's completely different technology.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    edited March 2011 Posts: 52
    @AndrewLucas says who? Your very (default) avatar is ripped directly from Facebook.
    I wouldn't say completely, if there's nothing underling framework borrowed from Facebook then the aesthetics clearly are, even the loading bars, popups, and activity feeds are an exact facsimile of Facebook! Please tell me I haven't gone mad andy
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 54
    @CIS I did not say there weren't similarities - I assumed DarkBork's question was related to the technology running on the server. Unfortunately due to the circumstances described elsewhere, it was not possible to update many of the placeholder images, such as the one you describe, in time for the new community launch.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Even the blue of the names is facebook blue.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 54
    @retrokitty Sorry - I forgot that Facebook copyrighted against the use of the colour blue on all other websites.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    @AndrewLucas Oh okay... and sorry, I didn't know you were a moderator/director until I clicked on your profile. I assumed you were just a casual member because you still have the default avatar.
    Ah okay, makes sense. With any luck the buttons and various design features could be updated then I assume? Seeing as this is a technical blank canvas. I may have a proposition for you Andy :)
  • @DarthBork Yes, that's the intention. All suggestions are welcome - there is a thread for this in one of the other categories.
    Ah very nice, yeah I know the one anyway I'll keep it on topic just curious what the long term plans are.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 107
    Quoting DarthBork: I'm curious to know if this is actually built on top of the same framework used for Facebook, alot of the features and design are identical.
    Quoting AndrewLucas: @DarthBork No, it's completely different technology.
    More specifically, it's built on the Vanilla Forums engine. I think I'm gonna start learning it when the opportunity presents itself…
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    No, Andy, they didn't copyright it, or you'd not be using it. My point was, that even the colour looks like fb. There are different blues but this one is very similar to the one we are used to seeing on fb I don't care... I'm on fb. But no one can deny the similarities. In the current state, this forum is more like fb than it is a traditional discussion forum. I've been on several with varying formats and this is very different from all of them. That's all.

I've been asked to give the site a chance. I said I would. My comment was a comment and received a snappy reply. I will give the site a chance and try to keep my comments to a minimum.... Now pass that koolaid... please.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @retrokitty The software used is clearly intended to have the look and feel of facebook, the backbone is different as it is very much a discussion forum. The admins evidently can go in and code in some modifications, new features whenever possible, and customize. Hence the suggestion thread. All feedback welcome.
    Any update on whether we can get a "latest post" button as well as perhaps a better quote system? The current one looks a bit clumsy and ugly:
    Quoting Luds: [text here]
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting Bond: Any update on whether we can get a "latest post" button as well as perhaps a better quote system? The current one looks a bit clumsy and ugly:

Quoting Luds: [text here]
    It's still miles better than the default one Bond, the default one didn't even lost who a person would would quote from and I couldn't get it working on chrome and IE. But I'm sure they'll look into it more.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I am glad I wasn't the only one caught with my pants down! I like the new format. Sorry to see some of the older posts go...Bond Camp, Kitty's Bond party, etc. But overall it feels good and I hope to be on here for quite a while! Cheers!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Three months on, much dust has settled, much water has gone under the bridge, new people have set up their stall here and contributed terrific, thought-provoking posts about mr B.
    The average number of posts has increased gradually and the average number of members on-line at any one time has also increased gradually.

Well done to all our contributers over the weeks for making this such a lively and entertaining place.

Keep up the good work...it will soon be here.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks for bumping this @NicNac. Indeed, it's a much better place to be now with many new members having joined - something I thought would never happen!

It's great to see these faces making the new MI6 what it is and hopefully an even bigger future is in store for the years to come. @JamesPage and all the others involved should look back on this as a success because let's face it - for many it is.

I'm looking forward to the next updates and whatever happens to be on it's way soon. I'll tell you, all our dearly departed members don't know what they're missing.
    Having gotten used to the new format, I must say it works pretty seemless now.

One thing's for sure, is this place has always been and continues to be a friendly, welcoming place.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    can we have free games like Facebook? and free Credits to use toward the purchase of Bond Memorabilia?
    This is a friendly place, can`t knock it. Also, took a look at CBn and I find it real hard to read. You won`t hear complaints about this place from me. Just wish it was a bit busier...suppose it will be once Bond 23 hits the world!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    6 months on from the launch of the Community here, just a word of thanks to the members who stuck with us through thick and thin, and to the new members who joined for what has proven to be some really high quality and enthusiastic Bond debate.

Long may it continue, and a 'hip hip hooray' to Bond 23 as it closes in.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,882
    Indeed, a big thank you to all our members who helped rebuild the Community.

Those past 6 months have gone by fast, so here's to the next 6 months and beyond.

Here's to the future.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 77
    Firstly I Apologyse to LUDS for my "Spam-Postings"; I really meant it to look like a "Monologue in Continuation".I think it is an ok format.Anything that is good could always be better.I think some people's already recognized me..
    wshrp