Two and a half men any fans here ?

edited January 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 71
I am surprised that there isn't a topic about two and a half men I just love this show.

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I love it too! I didn't watch all of the seasons (only 1 and 2 by now) but it is really great.

It was just sad when Sheen left.
    I am rating Two And A Half Men 10 for all the laughs I have had over the years, but only with Charlie. Two And A Half Ashton is not the same show and is on a whole other level because it is the worst show on television today. I really think the role was cursed no matter who tried to replace Charlie Sheen because the entire show revolves around his life, the women he meets, and his family. You can't build a series based off of one guys life and get rid of him years later. Aston Kutcher is a good actor and im a fan but you can't stand to see his face on Two And A Half Men. Is it his fault? No I don't think it's Ashtons fault but the writers for making his character Waldon try to act like Charlie Harper and failing miserably. Waldon tries to be this ladies man like Charlie but comes off as a very bitter, scruffy looking guy with 8th grade jack off jokes and hes not funny at all. The way he comes into the picture also doesn't make any sense and it is retarded. I want sheen back :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It was good. Now it is trash. Comedy nowadays is fart or boob jokes, nothing of substance. There is not an ounce of really brilliant comedy writing in shows like this. I remember a time when comedy was cleverly constructed through witty jokes and irony above the level of obnoxiousness. Shows that made you laugh, yet taught you valuable lessons to carry over into your own life. Now it is just potheads getting high and women being hit on for their "assets". Har, har, har.
    It was good. Now it is trash. Comedy nowadays is fart or boob jokes, nothing of substance. There is not an ounce of really brilliant comedy writing in shows like this. I remember a time when comedy was cleverly constructed through witty jokes and irony above the level of obnoxiousness. Shows that made you laugh, yet taught you valuable lessons to carry over into your own life. Now it is just potheads getting high and women being hit on for their "assets". Har, har, har.
    Agreed.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The show was great when Charlie Sheen was the lead. I don't get why everybody likes the brother so damn much, he's a freakin' mooch who wanted to "fix" Charlie, who's life was clearly going the way he wanted it to.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The show was great when Charlie Sheen was the lead. I don't get why everybody likes the brother so damn much, he's a freakin' mooch who wanted to "fix" Charlie, who's life was clearly going the way he wanted it to.

Because that's one of the most humouristic points of the show. He tries to make Charlie get right, while Charlie doesn't wants to. lol
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Because that's one of the most humouristic points of the show. He tries to make Charlie get right, while Charlie doesn't wants to. lol

Except that he's really got no right to. Allen f*cked up his marriage, lost his house and just supremely screwed up his life. Charlie took him in, gave him a home, and Allen's not grateful. He's not happy. He just thinks that Charlie's the one who's got a problem, when it's really him.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Except that he's really got no right to. Allen f*cked up his marriage, lost his house and just supremely screwed up his life. Charlie took him in, gave him a home, and Allen's not grateful. He's not happy. He just thinks that Charlie's the one who's got a problem, when it's really him.

Yeah, that's the comedy in it. It's just a show after all, nothing tangible.
    It was only good with Charlie Sheen in it. Also the title doesn't work anymore.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Never been a big fan of Two and a Half Men but love this sketch Simple but effective
  • The first seasons were really great. Good ideas, clever jokes, outrageous plots and a good cast with great timing.
    However it startet to grow stale in at least the last season with Sheen.
    You could also tell that he was heavily under influence at that time. I think the last episodes hardly feature him and if, he sits for most of the time ;-)

When he was gone, I watched two episodes with Kutcher and gave up on it. It's a totally different show and last time I checked, Allen is getting more and more ridiculous and ott. He used to be the "intelligent" guy who fails miserably at life. He had bad luck and made stupid decisions and the laugh often was on him, but he was not an braindead idiot or a cartoon character.

Without Charly, there just is no Two and a Half Men, because it was basically a tame version of his real life ;-)
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    bondsum wrote:
    It was only good with Charlie Sheen in it. Also the title doesn't work anymore.

Good point. Maybe they never thought it would go that far. Looks like they saw the future.
    Great show i watched it up to the second to last season with Charlie Sheen, when they were showing it on British tv. Never watched any episodes since Sheen left, though no doubt not the same show?
    Great show i watched it up to the second to last season with Charlie Sheen, when they were showing it on British tv. Never watched any episodes since Sheen left, though no doubt not the same show?

Same show, just CRAAAAAAAAAAP.
    I have a "plot" idea if Charlie ever come back - which 99,99999999% is doubtful to happen..

When he enters his house, everyone s**ts their pants out when they see he's alive, and then they discover that the body that they had veiled was from a man that was very alike charlie, and Charlie himself was on vacations for a long time...

Still is a very dumb short plot, but whatever
    Why did CS get sick ?

-He did enough coke for 2 and a half men *badom-tish* :D

Sorry , had to be done :D

Seriuosly , it's not quite the same w/o Charlie-boy :/
    Charlie didn't get sick. he quitted from the show after some troubles in the studio.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Charlie didn't get sick. he quitted from the show after some troubles in the studio.
    He called Chuck Lorre a Nazi and Chuck wrote it so that Charlie was killed off in such an over the top fashion that he could never return.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I liked the show, but after the Robert Wagner story arc ended, it went downhill and I lost interest. I saw the first episode with Ashton and hated it. The show should have been canceled rather than drop this this horrible of quality.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 1,575
    It should be called 2 and 3/4 men now that the kid has grown up. :)
    001 wrote:
    It should be called 3 and 3/4 men now that the kid has grown up. :)

You mean 2 and a 3/4 men. lol
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    001 wrote:

That's what i said. :)
    I was going to say 3 men but the kid doesn't look like a man yet.

001 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    001 wrote:

That's what i said. :)
    I was going to say 3 men but the kid doesn't look like a man yet.
    It might as well be 1 1/2 since they all act like children.
    Maybe the ratings will get so bad, Charlie will return, and what happened since Charlie was last in it was just a dream or nightmare whilst he was in the shower. Get Victoria Principal to follow Charlie out of the shower for good measure ;-)