Brutal Bond - MI6 Article Series

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ColonelSun wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    @ColonelSun. Please use the edit button instead of posting four times in a row! Thank you.

Oh, sorry Darth, I forgot to use the edit button again. Tell u what, I just won't bother to post on this site again, clearly you are more interested in an edit button than anything I may want to share with you.

Are you a child? Stop causing grief for the mods. It's simple: you have something to post after you've already posted, use the edit button. It's really simple, and I don't know why people find it so challenging to comprehend.
  • Ths is my favourite moment in the whole series but like others have said, it depends on what we mean by brutal.

If we're talking about how brutal the deaths were, this would probably take it. If we're talking about how cold blooded Bond was, then there are probably more brutal moments. It's not like he had a choice, although burning him alive was badass if he didn't kill him that way Sanchez would've killed him.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Are you a child?

I don't think children worked on Bond movies in the 80s ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    @ColonelSun. Please use the edit button instead of posting four times in a row! Thank you.

Oh, sorry Darth, I forgot to use the edit button again. Tell u what, I just won't bother to post on this site again, clearly you are more interested in an edit button than anything I may want to share with you.

Are you a child? Stop causing grief for the mods. It's simple: you have something to post after you've already posted, use the edit button. It's really simple, and I don't know why people find it so challenging to comprehend.

Are u serious? U calling me a child? What?

All I was doing was quickly responding and sending you guys messages (whilst working) which I thought you, as Bond fans, would appreciate.

Clearly I was wrong.

I am very, very, very sorry I didn't use the "edit" button in my haste.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @ColonelSun,

Dear sir, please do not misunderstand me. Firstly, my 'Please... Thank you' construction didn't include irony or sarcasm. If you perceived it as being sarcastic, I apologise. It was my simple intention to politely state that we have an edit button for a good reason and that double, triple, ... posts are considered annoying and spammy. Most members manage to avoid multiple posts; it's a form of fair play we ask of all our members. Obviously I'm merely doing my job and there's no reason to assume that I am not interested in what you have to share with us for I am. That said, the rules of fair play apply to all, mods and admins included. As grown-ups, I think we can all agree that such rules can only increase the quality of this discussion and of the forum in general. :-)
    Creasy47 wrote:

I know you mean well, @Creasy47, and the support is very much appreciated. But let's leave it at what I said for now. I haven't the slightest intention to let this thread be derailed by my little remark. ;-)

@DarthDimi, will do. My apologies for the response!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thank you, @Creasy47! :) You see, we're all grown-ups here. :)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Thank you, @Creasy47! :) You see, we're all grown-ups here. :)

Absolutely :) I try, I try.
    Many of the deaths in LTK were cold and brutal.
    The way Bond stands by and let the shark kill Killifer
    The way he shoots the guy with the harpoon (a painful death)
    But Sanchez tops them all. Bond at his cold hearted Best.
    its rumoured in '89, a MGM-Pathé executive junked a vault of UA material to economise. it's thought that a lot of the deleted footage from the earlier Bonds was in there :(
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s2731lowr.html
  • James Bond taking out Franz Sanchez in License to Kill was a great scene.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2013 Posts: 17,687
    DarthDimi wrote:

[Jack Carter voice]
    Seriously!?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2013 Posts: 12,459
    For me, even though I found LTK not to my taste, the ending with Bond killing Sanchez - in that particular way - was extremely fitting and gratifying. It was so very well acted, one of the best scenes in the entire series, in my opinion.

I enjoy reading everyone's take on films, and I do very much appreciate information and insights from those members who have actually worked on Bond films. We all double post or make other mistakes at times, too.

A few posts ago this happened from someone who does not habitually double post or be a nuisance in any way. Just the opposite. So I understand you reminding him (and us), @DarthDimi, but I also want everybody to stay on track and not jump on others too quickly (well, I've done that, too - we are all human). Thanks, Darth, and thanks very much,@ColonelSun; please continue to be involved here.
    the ending with Bond killing Sanchez - in that particular way - was extremely fitting and gratifying.
    Yes, no Bond fan can say Sanchez did not ASK for it. :)>-
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2013 Posts: 9,117
    DarthDimi wrote:

Can we please calm down a bit with the double post crackdown that has been rearing its head the last couple of days? I don't think people are doing it on purpose to cause trouble.

Here's a bloke who worked on the films giving us some insight into working for Cubby and all anyone cares about is he might have 'double posted'. I agree he took it a bit childishly but then its such a trivial thing to be pulling someone up over I can understand his annoyance. By the way whats wrong with just sending double posters a PM rather than this public castigation? Anyway no matter he's probably decided to leave and not bother coming back so thanks for that. Not hearing some stories about what it was like to actually be involved with the films and work for Cubby is a small price to pay to avoid having to face the horror of a double post.

Can mods really not differentiate between overenthusiasm or the odd mistake and genuine spam?
  • <center>YOU DIDN"T USE THE EDIT BUTTON?????

Angry-God.jpg</center>
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Stop causing grief for the mods. It's simple: you have something to post after you've already posted, use the edit button. It's really simple, and I don't know why people find it so challenging to comprehend.
    @Creasy47 Not all sites do this. I double & triple posted my first week here, because all other sites I frequent don't seem to care if you want to add to what you said or respond to more than one person in separate posts. It's something that takes getting used to for many. If a mod's cat died, I'd see the grief, but a quadruple post from a dude who worked on a BOND FILM GIVING US INFORMATION GOLD FOR FREE?
  • Still think it should be re-rated 12. Kids are a lot more de-sensitised to this sort of thing nowadays.
    @chrisisall, I go off of the rules, that's all. If it wasn't the rules, I wouldn't care, and in all honesty, I don't really mind the whole double/triple posting - it's just I follow what needs to be followed so I don't receive enough warnings that I get banned. Just like many other aspects of life, I do what I'm told so I don't get fired/in trouble.

I don't think anyone should be exempt from posting so much in a row. I just don't see how so many can't comprehend editing a post and adding more information, and instead post two or three more comments in a row. Maybe it is hard to get used to, but it's just second nature to me.
  • Whatever everyone thinks- I absolutely agree with your idea, @TheWizardOfIce about just sending a PM.

So many times I'll look at the main page and see 'one new post' on a topic I'm interested in-- so I'll get excited and click the link and......... the new post was just 'mister so and so- there's a thread for this already, blah blah blah.....' I mean seriously, who gives a shit??

And that's usually me. I do it to:

A.) Save everyone the wasted time that they'll take posting in a thread that is going to get closed.
    B.) Post the original link so you can take those thoughts of yours and post them in the thread that won't get closed.

Of course, it's rare that anyone listens to me: they continue to post and the thread gets closed. I just try to save everyone the time of typing everything, just to have your thoughts locked up.

Again, if it's a thread that interests you, just go to the inevitably aforementioned link and post there. I'm really not sure what is up with everyone being so up in arms over what the standard procedure is on this site - edited double/triple/quadruple posts, unnecessary threads, etc. - and I'm also not sure why I seem to be one of the only ones defending this.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Maybe it is hard to get used to, but it's just second nature to me.
    Being that it IS second nature to you, it follows that you should recognize it's not for everyone. A Pak Sau is second nature to ME in martial arts, I assume it's not for anyone not studying Wing Chun.... :-?
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,372
    @chrisisall, I think I'm just going to cool it on correcting everyone. I'm not a mod, and all I do is gather heat for my words: carry on with the double posts, create threads that we already have countless versions of. I won't be there to stop it. It's either that, or I'm done with the site, and I'd prefer the former choice for now.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Creasy47 wrote:
    and I'm also not sure why I seem to be one of the only ones defending this.
    I definitely support it (to a point) but having the mods PM the person in question is absolutely the way to go :-bd

Creasy47 wrote:
    It's either that, or I'm done with the site
    Hey, I value your thoughts on Bond, and I love most of your posts! Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way, please.
    @chrisisall, I love this thread idea, and I don't want to take it off topic, so I'll leave it with this: thank you for that, and while I don't want to leave, I'm just going to stop what I've been doing, and either let mods or others handle it. Saves me a lot of trouble, and lets others dish it out when it comes to a fight.
    Cool.

SO, Sanchez got the Burger King flame-broiled end. And then blown up to boot.
    I find that in no way excessively brutal, given the tools at hand for Bond. No, I did not cheer at his end, I simply realized the necessity. If violence is fun to watch, it's not violence, merely Looney Tunes with blood.
  • What on earth was going on in some above responses

The ending in License to Kill is indeed great, and worth the often mundane action with the Kenworth tanker trucks directly before it. I didn't get to see the extended burning of Sanchez until the Ultimate edition DVD came out, as it had been trimmed for the VHS releases, but it's one of the very best (main) villain deaths you could possibly hope to see
    The killing of Sanchez by Tim's Bond is one of the best! Brilliantly acted out by both actors!
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @ColonelSun Don't leave, please. I'd actually really like to read some more info about working on LTK, it's my favourite Bond film.

I think the PM idea is a good one.
    <center>YOU DIDN"T USE THE EDIT BUTTON?????

Angry-God.jpg</center>

=))
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Stop causing grief for the mods. It's simple: you have something to post after you've already posted, use the edit button. It's really simple, and I don't know why people find it so challenging to comprehend.
    @Creasy47 Not all sites do this. I double & triple posted my first week here, because all other sites I frequent don't seem to care if you want to add to what you said or respond to more than one person in separate posts. It's something that takes getting used to for many. If a mod's cat died, I'd see the grief, but a quadruple post from a dude who worked on a BOND FILM GIVING US INFORMATION GOLD FOR FREE?

Yeah it took me a while to get used to the rules on here because no other forum I've been part of was this strict about double posts, etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:

Can we please calm down a bit with the double post crackdown that has been rearing its head the last couple of days? I don't think people are doing it on purpose to cause trouble.

Here's a bloke who worked on the films giving us some insight into working for Cubby and all anyone cares about is he might have 'double posted'. I agree he took it a bit childishly but then its such a trivial thing to be pulling someone up over I can understand his annoyance. By the way whats wrong with just sending double posters a PM rather than this public castigation? Anyway no matter he's probably decided to leave and not bother coming back so thanks for that. Not hearing some stories about what it was like to actually be involved with the films and work for Cubby is a small price to pay to avoid having to face the horror of a double post.

Can mods really not differentiate between overenthusiasm or the odd mistake and genuine spam?

Well, you did it purposely recently, to prove some point you thought you had grasped on to, so hence the crackdown.