Who would win a fight between Craig Bond/Lazenby Bond and Connery Bond

2»

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,691
    I don't believe for a moment that Moore himself would actually do that.
    Would Moore have shot someone in real life ? Would Moore have kicked a car off a cliff in real life ?? C'mon... he's an actor !! I find it far more believable that Moore would slap a woman than shoot someone in cold blood...
    I don't know. As I said it felt like either him or the makers were trying a bit too hard to make the character tough IMO.
  • I don't know. As I said it felt like either him or the makers were trying a bit too hard to make the character tough IMO.
    Having not seen the film I can't comment directly, but I believe that what Bain123 is talking about is "conviction". A good actor will make you believe in what he's doing; a bad actor will seem like he's "playing at" or pretending to be something or someone. I do like Brosnan but my biggest complaint about him is that he seems like he's pretending to be Bond instead of BEING Bond in some scenes. Also, he just tries too hard sometimes without having the conviction to make the audience buy in - such as in that scene from TWINE above.

For Moore, I could never buy him as being tough. However, he did - at times - appear to have a little bit of ruthlessness about him. Not a lot, but a bit. Tom Mankiewicz (sp?) mentioned in an interview that with Connery as Bond, you could give him anything and he could sell it. With Moore, there were certain limitations that the filmmakers had. For instance, Connery could be a bit of a bastard - especially to women - and the audience found it cool and charming. If they tried the same thing with Moore for some reason it came off as...distasteful or even nasty.

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Connery, after all he killed Grant, the toughest bad guy in the entire Bond film franchise!!
    But Connery did have a bit of help from the attaché case. If that wasn't there Grant would have probably killed him.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    But Connery did have a bit of help from the attaché case. If that wasn't there Grant would have probably killed him.
    And the franchise would have ended there... ;-)
    their is only one bond and that is sean connery the rest are just understudies. and connery would have been able to beat up all the undestudies even at the age he was when he did never say never again.
    could somebody tell me why all the connery bond films are in blu-ray except you only live twice, to me its the best one after thunderball.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    could somebody tell me why all the connery bond films are in blu-ray except you only live twice, to me its the best one after thunderball.
    Because the Blu-ray releases have now stopped, so many films haven't been released. Also, note Diamonds Are Forever is also not available on Blu-ray Disc.

All the films will likely be released or re-released next year.
    I believe that what Bain123 is talking about is "conviction". A good actor will make you believe in what he's doing; a bad actor will seem like he's "playing at" or pretending to be something or someone. I do like Brosnan but my biggest complaint about him is that he seems like he's pretending to be Bond instead of BEING Bond in some scenes. Also, he just tries too hard sometimes without having the conviction to make the audience buy in - such as in that scene from TWINE above.

When Moore was serious and tough, I found him to be moore :) believable and tough than when Brosnan was being serious and tough. Moore came off quite tougher as The Saint than much of his tenure as Bond.

OF course I think an 80 year old Connery could still take on Moore and Brosnan in their prime.
    ;-)
    I think Brosnan did have a few genuinely convincing "tough" moments such as the killing of Kaulfman (probably the best scene in TND) and the killing of Electra. Just watched TWINE and thought he did that particular scene pretty well.

Also DAD "The coldest weapon of all"

With Moore his tougher moments had mixed results.

If it was NSNA Connery taking on DAD Brosnan I actually think Brosnan would win that fight (have you seen the health spar sequence in NSNA? Its bad). However if it was John Mason (Connery in The Rock) vs Brosnan Connery would win. In that film he looks a lot fitter despite having been in prison for 30 years :-S
    If we inclue all of the Bond actors, here's how it would go for me:
    Moore would lose first (despite being my favorite, the man would lose compared to the others)
    Brosnan next
    Then Connery
    Dalton would fall next
    Lazenby next
    Craig would probably be the winner.
    Maybe it's just me but I never thought Dalton was tougher than Connery physically. He doesn't get in THAT many fisty cuffs throughout his films when u think about it. I'm pretty sure Craig would win and Dalton would be taken out 3rd after Roger and Pierce consecutively.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, Dalton tougher than Connery is laughable. Dalton simply went around looking like he was going to hulk out but his hand to hand combat was far from impressive. Connery's fights were always entertainingly brutal. The 3 stand outs are Bond vs Grant, te PTS of thunderball and lets not forget his fight with Largo, the fight with Peter Franks in the elevator in DAF.
    I will agree there, while Dalton is my favorite, it's true that he never really showed off his hand to hand. The Ninja fight and the Bar fight in LTK and vs Necros in TLD are all I can think of- he held his own (except for the Ninja fight) but it was nothing spectacular.
    Oh if only I could see him square off against OO6 in GoldenEye... I still think Brosnan vs Bean on the Cradle was one of the best hand to hand fights in the whole series. Brosnan was actually quite a badass in that scene!
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 4,813
  • If we are talking about pure hand to hand, Craig wins easily just by his incredible strength.