Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    One can hope this means goodbye to Activision Bond games.
  • This is a good sign, I think. Legends looked terrible but we might have to thank it for finally getting rid of Activision.

First Purvis and Wade, now Activision. Apart from the 50th celebrations/products, this really has been a good year for Bond ;)
    Just looked on PSN. They're gone there too. Very interesting...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Huuuuuuuum, when Bond appears once more it will be on the next generation of consoles then. Whoever has the licence better do a fine job of it.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Huuuuuuuum, when Bond appears once more it will be on the next generation of consoles then. Whoever has the licence better do a fine job of it.

Last time it was the same situation. First next gen Bond game will be a movie tie in for Bond 24 most likely. Just like with QOS. Let's just hope the results are a bit different. Whoever gets the rights I hope treats them with respect and care
  • I would like to think that as 'Skyfall' has raked in so much cash that someone with a bit of pedigree and success might take the license on and treat it with the respect it deserves, knowing that if they do a good job, then the sales will be there. If not then I would love to see a Lego Bond game. Could be great fun.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Last time it was the same situation. First next gen Bond game will be a movie tie in for Bond 24 most likely. Just like with QOS. Let's just hope the results are a bit different. Whoever gets the rights I hope treats them with respect and care

I think Activision's licence would have to expire first before new games are produced. Maybe a game to tie in with Bond 25 would cover the next two films? That would work really well if they're a two film story as we're led to believe.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Samuel001 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I think Activision's licence would have to expire first before new games are produced. Maybe a game to tie in with Bond 25 would cover the next two films? That would work really well if they're a two film story as we're led to believe.

All of this stuff with the games being pulled from Steam and Activision's store may indicate that Activision either let the license go or it was taken from them by EON.
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

You're probably right but I hope not.

I prefer the games with original stories. They put me in a brand new Bond adventure, not one I've seen at the cinema. It helps tide me over inbetween the films.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

You're probably right but I hope not.

I prefer the games with original stories. They put me in a brand new Bond adventure, not one I've seen at the cinema. It helps tide me over inbetween the films.

Or one that has told you that you will see it at the cinema, but they lie and give you the exact opposite. :-w
  • I've just started 007 legends and I'm not impressed thus far. Maybe it's time for a change.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I've just started 007 legends and I'm not impressed thus far. Maybe it's time for a change.

Defo. Bring back EA. Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing were brilliant and they make really impressive games now.
  • I've just started 007 legends and I'm not impressed thus far. Maybe it's time for a change.

Defo. Bring back EA. Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing were brilliant and they make really impressive games now.

Agree. I've still got those two games on my old PS2. Great games.
    Wow, so there is now quality control?
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    Just take James Bond away from Activision! We haven't got a great Bond games since 2005's From Russia With Love. Activision were so quick to blame Eurocom for poor sales. But Activision are the ones to blame too! I say let Naughty Dog, Konami, or Ubisoft should develope the Bond games. Because Activision is not cutting it!
  • RC7RC7
    I would like to think that as 'Skyfall' has raked in so much cash that someone with a bit of pedigree and success might take the license on and treat it with the respect it deserves, knowing that if they do a good job, then the sales will be there. If not then I would love to see a Lego Bond game. Could be great fun.

Agreed. If Traveller's Tales got the licence for LEGO it would be bloody awesome. 23 films to choose from.

Great news!! Not only does the world have less access to one of the worst games of all time and witness some of the laziest photoshop designs ever, but finally we might be seeing the franchise handed over to a decent company!
    I would like to think that as 'Skyfall' has raked in so much cash that someone with a bit of pedigree and success might take the license on and treat it with the respect it deserves, knowing that if they do a good job, then the sales will be there. If not then I would love to see a Lego Bond game. Could be great fun.

Certainly a possibility I guess @RogersEyebrow! Not sure about Lego Bond, but definetly agree with everything else you said!
    Every news site that reported this said they've reached out to Activision for comment and we've heard nothing. Something must be brewing there...I'm sure we'll hear soon
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Every news site that reported this said they've reached out to Activision for comment and we've heard nothing. Something must be brewing there...I'm sure we'll hear soon

It's very interesting how this all happened, yet we've received no official word yet. I wonder what will be next for James Bond in the video game world.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Hopefully a really good game for the first time in years.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I liked Blood Stone. More of that...please?
  • AliAli
    Quite nice if they finished Blood Stone. Bizarre Creations were given an impossible task of releasing Blood Stone and Blur at the same time. Both games, though excellent, suffered due to Activision's greed.
    And Blood Stone ended on an insane cliffhanger. I HATE cliffhangers when the developer doesn't know if a sequel is a sure thing. Only do cliffhangers when you are guaranteed a sequel. If you don't, we are left with this tripe, no answer in site. :-L
  • Yeah, I'd like a sequel to Blood Stone. The gameplay should be even MORE Uncharted-like, with tons of action set pieces. Suits the Craig movies to a tee.
    EA and Activision are both corporate parasites. The Bond license needs put into the hands of a developer that treats it with care,responsibility and respect.

I'm tired of seeing corporations like EA & ACTIVISION only thinking a bond game can consist of constant shooting , running around aimlessly and absolute dumb downed A.I.

The bond franchise has so much to offer than just shooting or constant action. My idea of a great bond game is this- Open World, RPG, FreeRoaming sandbox gameplay, infinite gameplay elements. But done in a more realistic way. Basically What I would want in a Bond game is a mixture of Elder Scrolls,KOTOR,Grand Theft Auto and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Developers I would suggest -

Bethesda
    Rockstar
    Rocksteady
    Eidos
    Obsidian
    EA and Activision are both corporate parasites. The Bond license needs put into the hands of a developer that treats it with care,responsibility and respect.

I'm tired of seeing corporations like EA & ACTIVISION only thinking a bond game can consist of constant shooting , running around aimlessly and absolute dumb downed A.I.

The bond franchise has so much to offer than just shooting or constant action. My idea of a great bond game is this- Open World, RPG, FreeRoaming sandbox gameplay, infinite gameplay elements. But done in a more realistic way. Basically What I would want in a Bond game is a mixture of Elder Scrolls,KOTOR,Grand Theft Auto and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Bethesda
    Rockstar
    Rocksteady
    Eidos
    Obsidian
    Son of a...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Bethesda
    Rockstar
    Rocksteady
    Eidos
    Obsidian
    Son of a...

And just when you think it's over...unbelievable.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Bethesda
    Rockstar
    Rocksteady
    Eidos
    Obsidian
    Son of a...

And just when you think it's over...unbelievable.

It all sounds mighty familiar, doesn't it, @Creasy47? :-?
    I accidentally posted my comment twice. I do apologize. I do not wish to be rude, but I'm a bit bedazzled by the fact there is no delete comment option?

Best Regards,
    D2K