Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

1798081828385»

Comments

I have listened to it more, and like it a little more. I get goosebumps, but her vocals for "SKYFALL" at the end of the sets of lyrics is too shrill. I was expecting her to belt it all out like Shirley. The song never reaches the peak I wish it did.

Same here. I remember the first time I listened to it I kept waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting for the deep lungs to kick in and.. well.. they didn't.

But it's still the best song since that Garbage back in 1999.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Kleinman's title sequence is online, clean without the text!

This should more than make up for the absence of a video.
  • I'm not sure I like the titles as much as I thought I did. It all seems a bit random, one bit/theme after another.
    Yes, it is a little miscellaneous but it has some great moments: the Asian girls, the dragons, the Bond targets burning. I'm not that thrill about showing the Lodge, it seems to explicit, and the black and white kaleidoscope is the weakest moment.
    So it is a little mix for me.
    By the way, that young Craig, could it be Bond before even CR??
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 86
    I'm not sure I like the titles as much as I thought I did. It all seems a bit random, one bit/theme after another.

Sorry but not an issue for me, song solid in traditional Bond style, title sequence fits with Bond, not the requisite number of naked girls, but hay that's not the current style, it does the job & really is the least of the films problems.
  • Shoudn't talk about the title sequence be better in the 'Title Sequence' page?:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4260/skyfall-title-sequence/p5#Item_130
  • This song came on the radio when I was at the gym yesterday and it was amusing to see the reaction. One insanely gorgeous girl (maybe in her mid-20s) suddenly raised her head and said "Oh my God - Skyfall!". She then started excitedly telling the guy beside her (he looked stunned but pleased that such an attractive girl was talking to him!) how much she loved the film and how she's now become a James Bond fan. She loved it so much that she couldn't help herself; she had to share how much she loved it (I do hope the guy was smart enough to suggest that they go see it together while it's still in theatres). Two other groups of people started talking about how much they loved the film as well.

But then there were two guys in the corner who had a very different reaction. The whole time that I was beside them they were alternately talking about how awesome and how hardcore they were (I'm glad they were saying it out loud because I never would have known otherwise, they disguise their prowess and strength quite well by having tiny arms and big guts) and then complaining about "b*tches" (their choice of word) who either won't go out on a second date with them, or even talk to them in the first place. When the song came on and that girl started talking about the film they stared at her in disbelief. One guy looked like he made a couple of false starts to go over and talk to her but he had clearly lost his chance as the conversation was going well between her and that other guy. So one of the two guys loudly proclaimed "Skyfall? More like...GAYFALL! Right?" and him and his buddy started laughing and then loudly talking about what a loser Daniel Craig is and how he really isn't in "that good of shape". The sad thing was that they were so obviously talking so loudly that their conversation was meant to be heard by everyone. And they didn't clue in that everyone was looking at them like the losers that they were.

To be fair, I wasn't there long enough to see if the good-looking girl went over to them and said "You're right, after listening to you I now see that I was wrong to find Daniel Craig attractive and to love the film. Will you please sleep with me?" Because I'm sure that's what happened ;-)
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 2,081
    ^^ =))

Oh and I love the song.
  • Tuulia wrote:
    ^^ =))

Oh and I love the song.

I saw SF for the second time and the song (and the title sequence) work even better once you know the content of the film. While it isn't among my favourite themes (I prefer the lush, sweeping YOLT) it works very well with the film.

• The song was growing on me but over the last month it's started to annoy me.

It's been on the radio way too much (just like most of Adele's songs), and I swear it's following me around. I went to Bargain Booze the other day and it was playing, I went to the petrol station this morning and it was playing, last week I stopped at a traffic light and the car next to me was blasting it really loud just to make sure we could all hear it (although to be fair I was on my motorbike so maybe in a car it wouldn't have bothered you).

Why wasn't YKMN played this much? That one was actually good ;)
    I think without the movie I'd like it, and I like Adele anyway, but with the movie... I actually heard the song for the first time when I went to see the movie for the first time (I don't listen to radio, and I didn't look for it on the internet), so I only ever knew it in connection with the movie. I think it was after I had seen the movie for the second time when I listened to the song at home on headhones, concentrating only on it and I was completely surprised by my reaction - the first two lines... shivers down the body all the way to the toes... the first time the chorus starts I started crying and continued to cry all the way through the song. Afterwards I was, just "wtf was that". A unique reaction to any song I've ever had, I think. I guess the movie really moved me even though I didn't cry when watching it.
  • Tuulia wrote:
    I think without the movie I'd like it, and I like Adele anyway, but with the movie... I actually heard the song for the first time when I went to see the movie for the first time (I don't listen to radio, and I didn't look for it on the internet), so I only ever knew it in connection with the movie. I think it was after I had seen the movie for the second time when I listened to the song at home on headhones, concentrating only on it and I was completely surprised by my reaction - the first two lines... shivers down the body all the way to the toes... the first time the chorus starts I started crying and continued to cry all the way through the song. Afterwards I was, just "wtf was that". A unique reaction to any song I've ever had, I think. I guess the movie really moved me even though I didn't cry when watching it.

Really? You're being serious?
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 2,081
    Yes. Why?

I don't love the song that much, if that's what you mean... but that should have been obvious from what I wrote already, so...?
    According to my itunes record today I have listened to Skyfall 252 times! And I could happily listen to it again!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Adele's Skyfall now ranks incredibly high on my Theme Song list. As you can notice, it's the first song in aeons to enter this top 10. ;-)

1 - DAF
    2 - MR
    3 - James Bond Theme
    4 - SF
    5 - OHMSS
    6 - GE
    7 - The Look Of Love
    8 - AVTAK
    9 - WHATTITW
    10 - TLD
  • RC7RC7
    Anyone care for this Dubstep remix? I think it's alright actually...