James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• tqbtqb
    is the steelbook going to be avaliable in us? i dont see it on amazon :/
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 822
    French Steelbook with 8 Free Postcards.

jbbr_sf_bd_steelbook_fr_xl-1024x636.jpg

I NEED THAT HERE IN THE US!!! :-((
  • The cover is just that boring poster? Booo. If they really couldn't be arsed then they should have used the teaser poster (except maybe add some colour).

Steelbook doesn't look much better to me either. Looks too grey and depressing imo. Why in every poster, etc, are they scared of adding some colour?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I e-mailed HMV and they haven't given me a clear answer to my question: can I purchase the steelbook and watch it on my American blu-ray player?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Am I crazy or has the head of Tim (it doesn't even look like him) been put on Sean's body for the LTK Blu-ray?
    http://d3iq55z57l3zed.cloudfront.net/licence-to-kill-poster-artwork-timothy-dalton-robert-davi-carey-lowell.jpg
  • What did they do to Dalts?! Do all the Blu Ray covers look this generic and terrible?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What did they do to Dalts?! Do all the Blu Ray covers look this generic and terrible?

You wouldn't be wrong to think that... But at least the cover for TLD has Tim unaltered.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5rquR1qRmvw/UGzrrdFO9jI/AAAAAAAAJGE/BO3vvu9RlYs/s1600/The+Living+Daylights+Target+exclusive+Blu-ray+James+Bond+007.png
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Ah, that one looks much better. Bit boring though.

I'd like an old school, hand drawn cover in the style of the old posters. With Bond standing front and center, Kara in one arm, aiming his PPK with the other, the Volante in one corner, the cargo plane in another, Necros lobbing one of his deadly milk bottles and Whitaker doing an evil laugh in the background somewhere with The Living Daylights plastered across the middle in bold red letters, with the 007 logo faded behind it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh man, that is atrocious. The 50th Anniversary blu-rays I have don't look that bad.
    So. Much. Work.

ALL_zps243fe418.png
  • ^ Verrryyy Nice :) :x
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    French Steelbook with 8 Free Postcards.

jbbr_sf_bd_steelbook_fr_xl-1024x636.jpg

Only two days to go of the 50th and still EON come up with new ways to shaft us. Why is this only available in France?
    I'll buy it on Amazon.fr because I want the best version available but would prefer the box to have everything in English and not have to keep turning the froggy subtitles off every time I watch.

Which imbecile makes these marketing decisions? So there's a market for this in France but in America and the home of Bond (where SF has become the biggest film ever) it's just not worth the hassle?

From the people who brought you the lacklustre 50th box set now comes SF with predictably dull poster art and a load of extras that average about 3 mins each in duration.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    So. Much. Work.

ALL_zps243fe418.png

Really well done @JWESTBROOK. I'll be saving this. It's great for fan posters or DVD covers.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    So. Much. Work.

ALL_zps243fe418.png

I really enjoy how for TWINE it is Elektra there instead of Christmas Jones :)
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    bondbat007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    So. Much. Work.

ALL_zps243fe418.png

I really enjoy how for TWINE it is Elektra there instead of Christmas Jones :)

Indeed! She is the more relevant Bond girl in the film.
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00AFWB2GO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

Can this be ordered from other countries or this is France exclusive only?
  • Will they do a re-release of the 50th box-set along with Skyfall release? I want the regular DVD box-set but its a bit poor if it says "All 22 Bond Films" when there will be 23 :s
    007: Everything Or Nothing the documentary will go on sale in the UK January 28th, 2013.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 74
    Guys, have You noticed that the missing individual blu-ray titles will be released in the UK at the beginning of February and in Germany (and France) a month later? Sorry if it has been mentioned before . . !
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    So. Much. Work.

YOUR OWN PICTURE? EPIC! How did you make it?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    So. Much. Work.

I had to scan each page of the Bond 50 set, go through and crop each Bond girl out of it, then adjust brightness and contrast figures for each individually to make them look alright, then had to bring them into my photoshop, which is online so I had to wait for all of them to upload, then I had to keep adjusting the size of the project (which is limited to 2000px x 2000px), and then had to squeeze every image in together, in order, and at a even level with each other.

But it was worth it. Looks good.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    So. Much. Work.

I had to scan each page of the Bond 50 set, go through and crop each Bond girl out of it, then adjust brightness and contrast figures for each individually to make them look alright, then had to bring them into my photoshop, which is online so I had to wait for all of them to upload, then I had to keep adjusting the size of the project (which is limited to 2000px x 2000px), and then had to squeeze every image in together, in order, and at a even level with each other.

I assumed they were scanned, and nice ones at that. Bloody hell, when you mentioned how much work it was you weren't kidding!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    So. Much. Work.

I assumed they were scanned, and nice ones at that. Bloody hell, when you mentioned how much work it was you weren't kidding!

I'm still curious as to where they got all those images for the box set. Anyone know?
    I recognize almost all of them. The early ones, like Ursula and Daniela were black and white photos that had to be colored. The shot of Claudine is I believe one of her standing atop a boat.
  • I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not the Bond 50 blu-ray set has been discontinued in the USA. For being the #1 selling blu-ray of the year, NO ONE seems to be carrying it anymore--Amazon, overstock, walmart, Best Buy... no one.

Are they planning a re-release in 2013 or a new box set? Anyone?
    robbie313 wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not the Bond 50 blu-ray set has been discontinued in the USA. For being the #1 selling blu-ray of the year, NO ONE seems to be carrying it anymore--Amazon, overstock, walmart, Best Buy... no one.

I haven't seen it anywhere in stores either.
    robbie313 wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not the Bond 50 blu-ray set has been discontinued in the USA. For being the #1 selling blu-ray of the year, NO ONE seems to be carrying it anymore--Amazon, overstock, walmart, Best Buy... no one.

I haven't seen it anywhere in stores either.

For me to get it for Christmas, my parents had to order through best buy from across the country, travel 3 separate days to 3 separate stores (which subsequently 'didn't get it') and then had to call customer service, who gave it to them for half price, and just shipped it next day (for free) to our house.

Before Christmas, Amazon only had 1 in stock, and had it priced at over $350 dollars BEFORE SHIPPING.

Crazy.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Before Christmas, Amazon only had 1 in stock, and had it priced at over $350 dollars BEFORE SHIPPING.

Crazy.

Crazy indeed -- but are You sure it was offered by Amazon? I checked their product page. The price indicated is 312.85 $ -- but that comes from a Marketplace dealer. Sometimes, Marketplace offerings are displayed just as if they were a genuine Amazon offering -- like in this case. I find that quite confusing. And I find it strange that Amazon themselves would really charge 350 $ for the box.

Whatever: the blu-ray set seems to be gone from their US site, but the German Amazon still has it -- so do the UK and France sites. Interestingly, the Canadian Amazon ran out of boxes as well. What is going on on the other side of that pond . . ?

Regarding Marketplace dealers: On the German Amazon, there is a "Q" scrabble mug (as seen in "Skyfall") being offered for about 500 EUR from one of them. Can You believe that? Obviously, that's just because Wild & Wolf ran out of stock and Amazon.de is no longer offering it. However, the mug is still being produced and I got mine for ca. 5 GBP + int'l shipping the week before Christmas from an English online shop that received re-stockings.

And You wonder why Marketplace dealers want a couple of hundreds of dollars for the blu-ray box . . ?

;)

Most of them are fine people that You can make excellent deals with -- but those few who do crazy things kind of ruin the Markeplace concept, I think.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Crazy.

Crazy indeed -- but are You sure it was offered by Amazon? I checked their product page. The price indicated is 312.85 $ -- but that comes from a Marketplace dealer. Sometimes, Marketplace offerings are displayed just as if they were a genuine Amazon offering -- like in this case. I find that quite confusing. And I find it strange that Amazon themselves would really charge 350 $ for the box.

Whatever: the blu-ray set seems to be gone from their US site, but the German Amazon still has it -- so do the UK and France sites. Interestingly, the Canadian Amazon ran out of boxes as well. What is going on on the other side of that pond . . ?

Regarding Marketplace dealers: On the German Amazon, there is a "Q" scrabble mug (as seen in "Skyfall") being offered for about 500 EUR from one of them. Can You believe that? Obviously, that's just because Wild & Wolf ran out of stock and Amazon.de is no longer offering it. However, the mug is still being produced and I got mine for ca. 5 GBP + int'l shipping the week before Christmas from an English online shop that received re-stockings.

And You wonder why Marketplace dealers want a couple of hundreds of dollars for the blu-ray box . . ?

;)

Most of them are fine people that You can make excellent deals with -- but those few who do crazy things kind of ruin the Markeplace concept, I think.

If anyone on the wrong side of the pond wants to make me an offer I'm happy to undercut Amazon. So its yours for $312.84.