What is the BEST James Bond Game? And why?

edited October 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 10
I think Bloodstone was a the best game.

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    This isn't news and we have multiple threads on this. Please look before you make a thread that for some reason you think doesn't exist already.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 70
    Goldeneye N64 is still the best in my opinion, albeit Nightfire and Everything or Nothing come in close.

By the way, there are probably many threads that cover this already.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Not News. Moved.

Letting it stay alive for a while though since the other one is merely a simple list ranking thread.

Keep this to more detailed discussion and it'll live.
  • Nightfire because

It feels like a Bond film, you get tons of gadgets, the driving missions are cool, good voice acting (apart from Brosnans voice double), different paths through missions and the multiplayer is as good as Goldeneye (the original n64 version).
    Goldeneye N64 hands down!!

Recently I was at a friends flat which overlooked the Olympic stadium in Stratford.

It was the closing night of the Paralympics so could hear the action and see the stadium changing colours from the balcony.

I was more excited when I saw he had that game on an old N64 :D
    Goldeneye N64! Without question! Nothing has come close to taking its crown! The original and still the best Bond game ever! B-)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've got a three-way going on.

GoldenEye 64-Everything or Nothing-Blood Stone

I love GoldenEye, because it was both my first Bond game and my introduction to the Bond-verse. It was fun, had great multiplayer, and dual-wielding rocket launchers was just the sh*t, hands down.

Everything or Nothing had a great story, an awesome voice cast (I want Willem Dafoe as a film villain, dammit!), great levels and level design (even though I hate the free-fall level, it looked awesome), and it was just overall fun.

Blood Stone has my favorite Bond, a great and more realistic story, awesome voice work (no character had a voice that didn't fit them, and a personal favorite of mine is the Russian cop/FSB agent Bond's talking to after the Pomerov situation "Do you know how much paperwork I'd have to fill out if there were WMDs here?"), gameplay that just felt right for Craig's Bond (specifically the takedowns) and it's MP wasn't that bad.

But my problem is that I love them all.

Just based on sheer Bond preference, I'd have to go with Blood Stone, but I do love GoldenEye's gameplay, and then there's EoN's voice cast.

I'm probably going to go with Blood Stone, but it's such a tough choice for me.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    IMO, Goldeneye N64 is the best Bond game. All the mission were fun. I thught it was a cool concept if you could beat the level in a certain amount of time, you can unlock cheat codes & the multiplayer was so much fun too! My friends & I would spend hours at my house playing the multiplayer mode. And the music was epic.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm going to say Nightfire. I love GE64, but it's dated. Nightfire today (as in I'm playing it as I type! :p) is still a timeless classic and is the true 007 Legends game of the century.
    Every level feels like a different Bond film.

Enemies Vanquished: The Living Daylights/Die Another Day
    Deep Descent: The Spy Who Loved Me
    Double Crossed: You Only Live Twice. (Henderson scene if it was a full action setpiece!)
    Countdown/Equinox: Moonraker/Tomorrow Never Dies

I could go on but I won't. Nightfire. It's classic Bond gaming, the Epitome of Bond games. Activision, you need to more than take notes, you need to retake the effin class! Forget CoD, it's Cookie cutter now, like New Super Mario Bros U or whatever. Ugh! anyway, Nightfire.

Sorry, I've been watching too much Game Grumps. :p
  • @Murdock Couldn't agree more. Nightfire is definetly the best and it's aged really well.

I'd say Goldeneye 64 or EON is a close second.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    GE64 rewrote the script and set the template for the success of COD today.

If you trace the history of the FPS Doom and Quake were pretty seminal, then GE64 which probably was only surpassed by Modern Warfare. And even then that doesn't really do the stealth stuff GE did.

The fact that it was a spectacularly good game in its own right means its head and shoulders above anything since. That it was frosted with Bond flavour icing just makes it even more perfect.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    edited December 2012 Posts: 578
    GoldenEye Rogue Agent because it is basically what would happen if James Bond went bad. That would be awesome. Please don't crucify me for that
    GoldenEye Rogue Agent because it is basically what would happen if James Bond went bad. That would be awesome. Please don't crucify me for that

I like it too.

I like GE Rogue Agent, because it feels like 007 Legends for villains. :)
    Goldeneye by a mile one of best first person shooters ever truly ground breaking and amazing!
    Goldeneye (The one and only original)
    Thisn was the first Bond game that had it all apart from speech.
    From the beginning to the end and the multiplayer option. This was the game everyone wanted and what every Bond game want's to be today !
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 1,310
    It's hard to think of now, but GoldenEye 007 for the N64 revolutionized first-person shooters and multiplayer video games in general.

It's gotta be GoldenEye. It's not only what every Bond game wants to be, it is what every 1st person shooter wants to be (in terms of the impact that it had on the video game community).
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Murdock wrote:

I like GE Rogue Agent, because it feels like 007 Legends for villains. :)

NICE ONE!

GE64 is definitely the best FPS Bond and definitely has the best multi-player, but for best Bond game overall, I'm going to go with FRWL. Haven't gotten tired of replaying it yet.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 174
    SlyFox007 wrote:
    GE64 is definitely the best FPS Bond and definitely has the best multi-player, but for best Bond game overall, I'm going to go with FRWL. Haven't gotten tired of replaying it yet.

Totally agree with GE64. I still think it was the greatest game ever made for any console. The multi-player was the most fun you could ever have in a game, My friends and I spent countless hours playing it and I can still remember the maps to this day :D

Also have to give mention to Everything or Nothing which was a stunning game when it came out for the ps2. The graphics were breathtaking and the game play was awesome.
    Top Trumps Bond Girls Edition

Because of the categories; Style & Charm, Brutality and Seductiveness etc.
  • No one ever played the James Bond RPG ? It shows my age I guess.
    The Q Manual was ace. And there wasn't much litterature on Bond as a whole at that time, actually !
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 14,799
    I only ever played the Atari/Coleco game so I have to go for it by default.

I read the RPG was not bad.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not sure which is the best but I do sometimes have the urge to play QoS.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Forever GoldenEye, the reason I've became a Bond fan 16 years ago.
    For me it's a tie between Goldeneye 64 and Everything or Nothing. Both rewrote the book on what a Bond game could be, and in my opinion haven't been truly matched since (bloodstone came he closest since)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    From what I have played, I will say Blood Stone.
    dkem91 wrote:
    For me it's a tie between Goldeneye 64 and Everything or Nothing. Both rewrote the book on what a Bond game could be, and in my opinion haven't been truly matched since (bloodstone came he closest since)

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2013 Posts: 10,512
    GE64 was a phenomenon. I've played Bond games since I was 4, which was 1988. In that time I've never witnessed a game like it. It was so addictive, I used to play it at the back of English class on a portable casio TV hidden in my rucksack. One afternoon we managed a 4 player game without the teacher noticing. It was so popular my school had 3 competing 'GE Clubs' during lunch hour. Good times.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote:
    GE64 was a phenomenon. I've played Bond games since I was 4, which was 1988. In that time I've never witnessed a game like it. It was so addictive, I used to play it at the back of English class on a portable casio TV hidden in my rucksack. One afternoon we managed a 4 player game without the teacher noticing. It was so popular my school had 3 competing 'GE Clubs' during lunch hour. Good times.

So it can be said that GE64 was the TB of Bond games?