SHATTERHAND

edited December 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 157
AT LONG LAST!

Five years after Shamelady...

"SHATTERHAND" is available for your viewing enjoyment.

What it is all about:

James Bond’s former climbing instructor agent Hannes Oberhauser is dead. James Bond goes after his murderer, Major Dexter Smythe, an active MI6 agent and a traitor. Bond finds the Major who gives him some information on Blofeld. As a reward, 007 spares Dexter Smythe a shameful return to England by giving him the choice of an honourable death. As for Blofeld, Bond’s nemesis has presumably died in Japan in a mysterious Garden of Death cared for by its singular owner, Doctor Guntram Shatterhand...

James Bond flies to Japan to solve this conundrum.

A mixture of classic Bond and 1950s / 1960s style exotic adventure, we hope "SHATTERHAND" will celebrate James Bond's 50th movie anniversary in style and will bring you back to your magic memories of 007's very first screen missions.

Follow the link: "SHATTERHAND"

This is a non-profit tribute film. No copyright infringement intended.

Comments

• edited December 2012 Posts: 5,745
    The Bond actor looks like Dalton and Craig combined. Interesting plot.

It might be more fitting in the appropriate thread:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1789/james-bond-fan-films/p1

EDIT: The ski chase was amazing! The effort really shows, and I love the Bassey theme! Quality work, really.
  • Thanks for your comment. As the thread was generic I created a new one as it was done on the old forum. If posting in that thread is better, please, moderators, let me know! ;)
  • I love the way the gunbarrel (which is in the RIGHT PLACE, take note EON) stops and says celebrating 50 years of Bond. SF should've had something like that.

Great work.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 816
    I've just watched it, and here are my thoughts:

I like it, the story was pretty good and I liked the use of elements of the Octopussy and You Only Live Twice stories. The action was good, the ski-chase and end battle with
    blofeld
    especially, but they are sometimes held back by poor sound effects. Acting was good, but the accents (especially on James) a little distracting. Some characters are underused and don't serve much of a purpose (mostly Blunt and those two Bond girls). Especially the girl he ends up with, who just seems to fall for him out of the blue. I'm also against the heavy use of stock footage (with the exception of introduction shots of cities and buildings) because I believe that you either shoot it yourself, or don't use it.

The film was able to envoke a James Bond feeling, something lots of fan films fail to do (because they don't have the style and somehow most fan film directors seem to choose to portray Bond as a cold-blooded killer, something he's not) so kudos for that.
  • Thanks for the comment. True about the festival of explosion stock footage at the end but I had no choice really. Perhaps you noticed that we made many shots "our own" by reworking or inserting the sets in them. But I tend to agree with you. I'm not that a fan of it and this is something we'll try to stay away in Bond 3 for the very reason you mention - hence Bond 3 won't be as spectacular but will feel more like a simple spy thriller. Thanks for the "James Bond feel" - that was one of our goals.
    Alot of the stock footage was well done. I'm still not sure whether or not you got a real Aston Martin for the film ;)
  • Lame !
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited December 2012 Posts: 2,635
    I'm seeing it, and i'm liking of what i see!
    moore45 wrote:
    Lame !

Could you be less cold-hearted? Could you at least say "I see you did your best, but unfortunately didn't like it."
  • Holy crap that dude would make a great Bond! What wonderful work! :-bd
    wonderful work! nice !
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Alot of the stock footage was well done. I'm still not sure whether or not you got a real Aston Martin for the film ;)

Well it's a mix. Here is the story: as the Aston Martin was to be seen very little in Shatterhand, I thought stock footage was the better way to go. Then we started shooting Bond 3 - I'll make a thread about it one of these days - and this time we got a real Aston Martin as we did in Shamelady with the DB5. The model is an Aston Martin Virage - a really beautiful car with a look close to the DBS. Si I used a couple a shots of the Bond 3 footage with my Bond actor in the right suit to complete the sequence in Shatterhand. So it's a mix of both. There are shots in that sequence I just coudn't do with the real car.
  • Love the name 'Shatterhand' btw. Sounds very Bondian.
  • shamelord wrote:
    hence Bond 3 won't be as spectacular but will feel more like a simple spy thriller.

I didn't know that you where making Bond 3, but I'm very excited for it! Especially if it's more like a thriller! I wonder: are any of the characters from this film returning for 3? I would love to see those two Bond girls again, but with more to do (they looked great, and I think they can make interesting characters)

• You didn't know because I never mentioned it ;) We already have more than 15 min in the can. So let's hope it won't take us five years to make this one available. I'm sorry to say none of the characters will return (and sure they looked great). However we have two new Bond girls and the first part of the film will be a short 15 min version of the Fleming novel "The Spy Who Loved Me". And we have an Aston. ;)
  • shamelord wrote:
    You didn't know because I never mentioned it ;) We already have more than 15 min in the can. So let's hope it won't take us five years to make this one available. I'm sorry to say none of the characters will return (and sure they looked great). However we have two new Bond girls and the first part of the film will be a short 15 min version of the Fleming novel "The Spy Who Loved Me". And we have an Aston. ;)

That sounds awesome! Looking forward to it ;)
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 157
    Shatterhand may only be a small tribute movie but I have received quite a number of comments - this website included - and I must say most people love the Bond feeling of the film and negative comments and reviews are minimum. Finding that Bond feeling was one of my goals people seem to react well at our limitations in terms of special effects. So joy all around! O:-)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    @shamelord, i'm quite sad to see that your movies ain't so viewed, they're great and they'd needed more recognization, fame and appreciation.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 157
    Thanks for your encouragement.
    I hope more people will have the opportunity to see it!
    It is still here :
    http://www.constellationstudios.org/spip.php?article508

Follow the link for the newest Shatterhand poster.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I remember seeing Shamelady, which was the first(?) of these films and both of these are fantastic! Well done :)
  • Wow. I am very impressed. Great job!!!
  • Thank you, guys. :)

Here is a little update on our site as one of the fans watched Shamelady again after watching the newly released Shatterhand and he found this:
    http://www.constellationstudios.org/spip.php?page=sommaireen
    Shamelord, Hello from Russia! I looked at your "Shatterhand" and I liked it so much more than the official "Skyfall" and indeed Bond better than Craig! I look forward to the next movie, that he will be released earlier than in five years! And I'm sorry if my post is a bit technical written, I wrote it with the help of translation Google!
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 157
    Hi Mishkin. It's very nice saying that kind of things regarding "Shatterhand" but we didn't have the kind of talent or budget that "Skyfall" had. I understand you probably prefered the type of adventure we made - handsome Bond lookalike, exotic locations, old fashioned storytelling. "Skyfall" is just a different kind of movie. Really big thanks for appreciating "Shatterhand".

Our final Bond movie is being shot in HD rather than SD for the two previous ones and will be considerably shorter, probably half the running time of "Shatterhand". We will try to make it more a Spy thriller rather than an old exotic kind of adventure movie. 15min of its running time are an abridged version of the novel "The Spy Who Loved Me" with Vivienne Michel, Bond trapped in a motel et al.
    Expect it sometimes in 2014 - although I am always wrong about release dates we might make it.

And don't you worry about your English, it is not my native language either. :-*
  • KillmasterKillmaster Roanoke, Virginia USA
    I am in awe of anyone who can see a massive independent fan project like this through to the end... twice... and do it with such quality! Kudos to you for both "Shamelady" and "Shatterhand". Excellent quality. Serge reminds me a little bit of Lazenby. I thought the locations used fit the stories well and were sufficiently exotic. Once again, very well done. I am really looking forward to Bond 3!
  • Thank you killmaster. Our final Bond tribute film is underway - shorter, in HD, more of a thriller, more thrilling, loosely based on the novels "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".
    More than 2000 hits on Youtube for our second James Bond tribute film - part of them undoubtedly due to Bond fans from Mi6. Thank you all.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited January 2014 Posts: 5,080
    This is fantastic! Your Bond actor looks like Dalton and Brosnan. I loved everything about it, it felt like a Bond film, looked like a Bond film, and sounded like a Bond (great Bassey song!). Great work, and well done!
  • Thank you, MayDayDiVicenzo! Don't hesitate to spread the word!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited February 2014 Posts: 17,687
    Nice placement of the Game Of Death Barry music. I caught a tiny bit of Doomsday Machine in there too..
    Yes, very Bondesque. Good job!
  • I hear that Shatterhand is a fan favorite as the title for the next Craig movie. In the meantime let's remind people of our non official tribute film!

http://www.constellationstudios.org/spip.php?article508
    http://www.constellationstudios.org/spip.php?rubrique87