Bond Fan Posters

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Those are awesome, but why are they so small? When I stretch them to fit my screen, they get blurry.

Because Sonic told me @MrBond's desktop is apparently 1080 X 432 for his 15.6 in screen. I was confused by that and don't think they are the correct dimensions. I will have to ask him when he returns. If you would like me to make one to fit your computer's dimensions, I'd be happy to.

Thanks, so much mate! It looks brilliant! But i used your later version that you made to @TobGearJB007 because that resolution is much better! If you just could re do it with Fleming, then i would be a very, very happy guy!
    Your work is splendid sir, and you should be proud!
    Yeah, sorry about the resolution issue. I will fix that for you right after I come from class.

No hurry, i will enjoy TLD the short story meanwhile!
  • Pierceuhhh wrote:
    Web friends... I just buy Photoshop and my posters have imporved much.

Right.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here you are, @MrBond. I couldn't fit the original photo of Ian on there, but I got one that I think works even better:
    8251684055_7aa943a8da_h.jpg
    I love that he is near Sean's shoulder. It's as if he is saying:

"I was wrong. You did good, my son." :D
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Here you are, @MrBond. I couldn't fit the original photo of Ian on there, but I got one that I think works even better:
    8251684055_7aa943a8da_h.jpg
    I love that he is near Sean's shoulder. It's as if he is saying:

"I was wrong. You did good, my son." :D

Absolutley brilliant, this is art! @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Many, many, many thanks, Brady. I quite enjoyed that surprise there in the middle. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Many, many, many thanks, Brady. I quite enjoyed that surprise there in the middle. ;)

Thought you might. :)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Great job, Brady! Very professional.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 4,813
    So Becca and I went to a holiday party last night- I had to wear a suit.

Knowing me, that meant I HAD to take at least one shot like this: :-B

<center>GoldenEyeME.jpg?t=1355168339</center>
  • Holy crap, you really look like a Bond actor!
    Anyone going to put together a SKYFALL "For Your Consideration" poster?
    VERY Bond @Master_Dahark! :-bd
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    If only post-Fleming novels could get a movie adaptation

st_factsdeath1.jpg
  • ^ The image is not showing for me.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    MaxRebo120 wrote:
    ^ The image is not showing for me.

Yeah for some strange reason that site is down, it was working well 2 days ago.

If you can scan the QR code, do it ;)

[img][/img]mi6_zps05cd776d.png
    Anyone? :(
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,879
    I can't do this with my phone, unfortunately. However, I'm a fan of the technology.

Maybe this fellow can access your link. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    I can't do this with my phone, unfortunately. However, I'm a fan of the technology.

Maybe this fellow can access your link. ;)

Hehe, I'll spoil it. It just takes you to the MI6 page.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Ah- so that's how
    Silva got into the mainframe!
    ;)

The funny thing is, these codes are increasingly popping up everywhere, yet many are still unaware what they're actually used for. Well done for applying it to your fan art- I've often thought about using this tech to link my posters to a personal fan art site.
    QBranch wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Ah- so that's how
    ;)

The funny thing is, these codes are increasingly popping up everywhere, yet many are still unaware what they're actually used for. Well done for applying it to your fan art- I've often thought about using this tech to link my posters to a personal fan art site.

I just did it to see if it'd work on the squigly background. I don't have a personal fan art site or anything like that, just thought it'd be a neat, interactive thing for the forum THAT NOBODY TAKES PART IN.. excuse me.
    That's because you are up-to-date, Mr. Westbrook- leaving everyone else to play with their exploding pens...
    QBranch wrote:
    That's because you are up-to-date, Mr. Westbrook- leaving everyone else to play with their exploding pens...

'It always makes me feel a little melancholy... age is no guarantee of efficiency.'
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Ah- so that's how
    ;)

I just did it to see if it'd work on the squigly background. I don't have a personal fan art site or anything like that, just thought it'd be a neat, interactive thing for the forum THAT NOBODY TAKES PART IN.. excuse me.
    What? We have a wide array of members here...

:-/

Yes but a small group of users here, and even then feedback is rare. We all make these things to share with others.. but it doesn't feel like it sometimes.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Yes but a small group of users here, and even then feedback is rare. We all make these things to share with others.. but it doesn't feel like it sometimes.

I see what you mean. My art thread on here has only a few who comment. And you're right, both you, I and every artist on here do the work we do to get feedback. I don't even care if it is positive or negative, I would just like something. After all, art isn't anything if nobody is there to react to it.
    Exactly. I secretly call myself the thread killer because I notice a trend where once I comment in a thread discussion moves else ware. I'm intelligent enough to know that this is likely just coincidence and I hold no offense to it, but it's an inside joke with myself ;)

But today overall has been a slow day. I see a huge amount online, but they don't seem to be involved in any discussion. And I don't agree with the many of the 'trending' discussions about Fascism and gun control; that's not why I come here.

But back on topic, I would really appreciate more feedback and communication in the arts threads, and I'll try and make sure I do my fair share.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 4,813
    lol sometimes when I post a fan poster I've spent some time on, I imagine getting this reaction:

<center>applause.gif

but this is more or less the reaction I actually get (sometimes):

tumblr_mbuzxjlrYi1rgwlo4o1_250.gif</center>

Sometimes I feel like a 'thread killer' too, JWESTBROOK ~X(
    @JWESTBROOK It's hard, but try not to take it personally. I feel some members don't even look at the fan art threads, and I'm guessing even more don't know what the devil a QR code is. I stopped posting multiple fan arts in one post after receiving zero feedback. Now, I'll just post one at a time so in case there's no feedback I won't feel as gutted. I do see a lot of excellent work here worth commenting on, but often I don't have the time to respond to every one I want to, as I have my own projects I'm trying to get through. In my eyes, the fact that you're increasingly thinking outside the box with your work (QR code; real custom gunbarrel photos) shows that you're going to go far.
    ^^ I too only post one at a time now. And I like to wait until a few others have posted before posting again, but sometimes it's months! I really don't take it personally, I just assume I could do better and try to.

I appreciate you noticing the custom gun barrel thing I did, but it was really just spur of the moment. Plus I've had 8 weeks of sitting around the house due to injury, so I've been producing massive amounts of things. I made that Holiday Bond video, posted it in like 5 threads, and got like one or two comments on it. I completely re-edited it and made it longer, but haven't bothered rendering it.

I've used my time for fan art, and I've had to try and post it and not come back for awhile. I find that's the best approach. It makes the surprise that much better.

I wish my thread killing abilities worked when I actually wanted them to @Master_Dahark!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I wish my thread killing abilities worked when I actually wanted them to @Master_Dahark!

Yeah, I could think of several places where those powers would be useful.