Daniel Craig ties the knot with Rachel Weisz - Confirmed by their PR spokespeople

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,690
    ...I think in a way it has taken something from his mystic as James Bond....he almost was a real James Bond ...single.. handsome ...debonair...now he is married....whats sexy about that...probably she will get pregnant and he will become a father...it will be hard to visualize him as James Bond again......
    What on earth is this nonsense ? Moore was married and had kids during his tenure... can you visualize him as James Bond ?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    ...I think in a way it has taken something from his mystic as James Bond....he almost was a real James Bond ...single.. handsome ...debonair...now he is married....whats sexy about that...probably she will get pregnant and he will become a father...it will be hard to visualize him as James Bond again......
    What on earth is this nonsense ? Moore was married and had kids during his tenure... can you visualize him as James Bond ?
    Going by these rules: no.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 886
    Going by these rules: no.
    Well Craig is already a father before he became Bond and is now a step-dad to Rachel's kid, I can see your points and no doubt Babs will be downing a scotch or two but I think it really won't affect his image as Bond, well not in anyone's mind who can separate the character on screen and the actor in real life.
    But as Rachel went out with Mendes years ago and according to a few he still carried a torch for her, I hope those dynamics won't get in the way of a decent film.
    No pouting and throwing toys out of the sandbox and all that.
    Yes it's all good stuff, no rubbish here. :>
  • M won't like this!
    Just wait for Blofeld's guest "appearance" lol
    Funny OHMSS reference alright, but the "guest appearance' happened in the FYEO PTS :-)) I do believe Ernst Stavro may be on permanent vacation...

Anyway, great news and congrats as well to the happy couple. A lot of women, including quite a few famous ones, have apparently had their hopes of being Mrs. Craig dashed. Good for him and too bad. I think it's just crazy to think people won't go to see his films or that he's lost any mystique as a result. Where did it ever say that the actor who played Bond had to BE Bond??? Nonsense. I am one of those who hopes Rachel gets a role, as I've said she'd be a great Quantum villainess.

• I like the cut of your jib Mr Ching. :)>-
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 2,598
    Damn you Craig, you bet me to her! Ah well, congratulations I guess (sighs). ;-)

Seriously though, Craig did well not getting hitched until he reached his 40's. He was a free man for longer. That's the way to do it.

I'd like to see the beautiful Weisz in a Bond film before she gets to old. She does look good for a 41 year old woman.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    A hearty well done to Dan and congratulations to Dan and Rachel on their wedded bliss.
  • Thanks Dan (great screen name by the way) and hearty seconds to Bounine on his second statement. My bachelorhood lasted until I was 33, and no regrets because I had more fun than humans should be allowed to have. Someone in some thread mentioned girls with lots of curves and no brakes. Ah, what great memories \m/ :-))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,894
    Congrats to them. But now seeing as she's Mrs Craig, I hope she's exempt from Bond Girl casting. Please, let's not turn Bond into Mr & Mrs Smith.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Honestly, maybe I don't follow much abt celebrity relationships, so I had no idea he and Satsuki even broke up!!! So I was kinda shock to see a news headline thats says Daniel Craig weds Rachel Weisz....hahaha
  • Damn you Craig, you bet me to her! Ah well, congratulations I guess (sighs). ;-)

Seriously though, Craig did well not getting hitched until he reached his 40's. He was a free man for longer. That's the way to do it.

I'd like to see the beautiful Weisz in a Bond film before she gets to old. She does look good for a 41 year old woman.
    Actually, he was married in his early 20s...and he seems to have a penchant for long-term relationships even if they aren't marriages.

The main thing is that I guess we won't see Weisz as a Bond girl, which is too bad. Prior to their relationship I thought she would have been great and was at the top of my list for potential Bond girls - great actress, amazingly beautiful, and more age-appropriate than some 25 year old (although Eva Green had a presence and confidence that made me think the actress was in her early 30s).

Nice for them, Now Mendes and Craig can compare notes. ;-)
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 50
    I'm not the sort of person who's usually interested in celebrity romances, but nevertheless, congratulations to Craig and Weisz! =D>
  • Nice for them, Now Mendes and Craig can compare notes. ;-)
    Too soon mate..too soon.. ;-)
  • What sort of knots have been tied? I'm guessing no mini-me's then.
    Nice for them, Now Mendes and Craig can compare notes. ;-)
    Too soon mate..too soon.. ;-)
    The only notes I want being compared are what makes a great Bond film, great.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 2,598
    Oh, Craig got married in his twenties? Maybe he learnt his lesson and decided to hold off getting whipped and kept in the proverbial cage again until he reached his 40's. ;-)

Not that I have any interest in what is going on in celebrities personal lives but it would be an interesting character study to know why Craig and Mitchell were actually engaged for 5 years. That's quite a while.

Weisz has a refined, elegant look about her. She should be a Bond dame. Maybe a bad girl who Craig has to kill at the end.
    Not that I have any interest in what is going on in celebrities personal lives but it would be an interesting character study to know why Craig and Mitchell were actually engaged for 5 years. That's quite a while.
    I don't believe they were engaged for that amount of time, just together. Their engagement was in 2009, I think.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Congratulations to 'em both - dare I say it, but individually they've always seemed pretty down-to-earth, nay likeable, individuals for film stars.

The best of British to them for a long and happy marriage... :)
    .....I meant that Daniel Craig was single when he started out as James Bond...that's all....all the other Bonds "are" married but he was the new one and he was "single"....I like the real thing....but then .... "whats real".......dont have a cow limey.....
  • LudsLuds MIA
    .....I meant that Daniel Craig was single when he started out as James Bond...that's all....all the other Bonds "are" married but he was the new one and he was "single"....I like the real thing....but then .... "whats real".......dont have a cow limey.....
    Actors have a regular life. I don't know what you're on about not having mystique since he's no longer single. Being married in real life in no parts makes him less qualified to play a bachelor in a flick.
  • .....dont have a cow limey.....
    What's that supposed to mean?

edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    .....I meant that Daniel Craig was single when he started out as James Bond...that's all...
    No, he wasn't. He was in a relationshop with Satsuki Mitchell.
    .....dont have a cow limey.....
    What's that supposed to mean?

My translation @thelordflasheart would be, "don't get so wound up or annoyed by what I'm saying" - that's the "have a cow" bit. You're also being called British, even though you may not be.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Congratulations to 'em both - dare I say it, but individually they've always seemed pretty down-to-earth, nay likeable, individuals for film stars.

The best of British to them for a long and happy marriage... :)
    Indeed. I've been a fan of both for quite some time, and if they find happiness together, that's great!

isn't it amazing!

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Do you know what's annoying me about the tabloids on this? They claim Daniel & Rachel met during filming of Dream House but they've been friends for several years before!
    Do you know what's annoying me about the tabloids on this? They claim Daniel & Rachel met during filming of Dream House but they've been friends for several years before!
    Yes, since 1994 I believe. The tabloids can't get anything right!
    Yes, since 1994 I believe. The tabloids can't get anything right!
    AND this is news to anybody?
    ;-)
    Jesus! He dates Satsuki Mitchell for six years and ends up marrying Rachel Weisz? That was fast.

Anyway, congratulations to the couple. And I give it five to six years . . . or less.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Their first pictures look 'rushed' but it looks like the both of them are in very good shape. I wish them a great Honeymoon!
    Their first pictures look 'rushed' but it looks like the both of them are in very good shape. I wish them a great Honeymoon!
    Craig better enjoy himself. After that it's back to Bond for pre-production training! :-D