007 Legends Announced

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I must be said though, Eurocom made the PS2 port of QoS and that game is great. I guess you just strike out sometimes (or a lot if you're Activision).
    That's the ONLY game along with Blood Stone that worths playing.
    Agreed. I want another Bond game like BS. I love 3rd person Bond games.

• Yeah the only two Activision Bond games that are actually good are the 3rd person games.

QOS on xbox/PS3 was just generic, the new Goldeneye games were terrible imo and Legends seems like it's even worse.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    What's sad is that Eurocom was not owned by Activision they were just hired by them. So in taking these jobs and doing poorly, it caused them to shut down. What a shame, they will always have a place in Bond history for TWINE and Nightfire...

Eurocom had a hand in Nightfire?!?!?! Now I am steaming angry at Activision. You do not destroy any company that assisted in the production of the greatest video game known to man.

Eurocom didn't just "have a hand" in NightFire, they made NightFire. EA just published it.

My word......now my wrath against Activision is unfurled.......prepare for a storm, ye who shut down Eurocom......IT IS FORTHCOMING, SWIFTLY!

Exactly. Eurocom can and HAVE made great Bond games so it is very sad to see this happen to them. Also even though 007 Legends was not great, maybe it could of sold some copies with some darn advertising! Has anyone seen an ad for it on TV? Nope...Did Eurocom make the worst box art in Bond history? Nope...Did Eurocom ask for a low budget? Nope again!

I'm not an "Activision hater" like a lot of gamers are in the fact of I think they publish some great games. But they are obviously not the right people to make Bond games and it's time for a change as people are actually losing their jobs because of this

You're right that Activision has published some great games, because one of my top 3 to 5 favorite games of all time, Spider-Man 2, was produced by Activision. Just such a shame to see the quality drop, and the fact that I can constantly replay a game from 2004 anytime of day without ever wanting to put down the controller, and yet there's only so much fulfillment I can get out of Legends in a certain time slot before I eject the disc again.
  • Poor Eurocom. Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded was incredible and this one doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Best thing to come from the game?

Poor Eurocom. Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded was incredible and this one doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

My word that was brilliant!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Poor Eurocom. Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded was incredible and this one doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

When a game markets itself as a tribute to Bond and then literally tarnishes everything about the films featured in it to an imbecilic level, it deserves all the hate and more.
  • Poor Eurocom. Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded was incredible

I don't think it was. I thought it was terrible and Legends just looks as bad, if not worse.

The only difference is that Legends butchered 6 films instead of 1.
  • Poor Eurocom. Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded was incredible and this one doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Oh man, I love that song :) I've been listening to it a lot the last couple of weeks ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Both console generations had bad "007 legends" games - consider GE:RA as one of them - But at least GE:RA made a very better thing using an ORIGINAL story. Not messing up everything that Ian Fleming had built in 50 years.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Both console generations had bad "007 legends" games - consider GE:RA as one of them - But at least GE:RA made a very better thing using an ORIGINAL story. Not messing up everything that Ian Fleming had built in 50 years.
    It isn't what Fleming built, it's EON. Fleming's character, yes, but film Bond and literary Bond are often very different.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Poor Eurocom. Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded was incredible

I don't think it was. I thought it was terrible and Legends just looks as bad, if not worse.

The only difference is that Legends butchered 6 films instead of 1.

Agree.

I only played GE: Reloaded on PS3 but I thought it was pretty poor and a shocking butchering of the original game and film.

I can only imagine Legends is worse. And a lot worse at that.

• AliAli
    edited December 2012 Posts: 319
    I don't mind GE: Reloaded. But I never play it thinking of it as Goldeneye. Wrong Bond, wrong script, wrong areas. It's a middling FPS with a faint Bond theme. 007 Legends seems to be a poor FPS with a strong Bond theme. I'd rather have GE.
    Ali wrote:
    I don't mind GE: Reloaded. But I never play it thinking of it as Goldeneye. Wrong Bond, wrong script, wrong areas. It's a middling FPS with a faint Bond theme. 007 Legends seems to be a poor FPS with a strong Bond theme. I'd rather have GE.

I think I might just give up on current Bond games altogether and go and pick myself up an old N64 if I want play as Bond. It says all you need to know about the current direction of Bond games that still the best is 15 years old and they still havent improved on it even with next gen technology.
  • RC7RC7
    Ali wrote:

I think I might just give up on current Bond games altogether and go and pick myself up an old N64 if I want play as Bond. It says all you need to know about the current direction of Bond games that still the best is 15 years old and they still havent improved on it even with next gen technology.

I have a 64 with Goldeneye hooked up in my house. Needless to say I won't be buying Legends. I picked up a copy of GE: Reloaded for £7. Good job, it was woeful. If I'd paid £50 or God forbid if I'd been given it as a gift I'd have been mortified. I desperately want to buy Bond video games but I have my limits and they've been well and truly tested.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    It isn't what Fleming built, it's EON. Fleming's character, yes, but film Bond and literary Bond are often very different.

Oh Well. But still works, because Activision had destroyed everything in less than 1 year.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 9,117
    RC7 wrote:
    Ali wrote:

I have a 64 with Goldeneye hooked up in my house. Needless to say I won't be buying Legends. I picked up a copy of GE: Reloaded for £7. Good job, it was woeful. If I'd paid £50 or God forbid if I'd been given it as a gift I'd have been mortified. I desperately want to buy Bond video games but I have my limits and they've been well and truly tested.

Precisely. If the likes of us refuse to buy this rubbish then what chance have they got of the COD saturated public parting with a few quid? Seems like they are quite happy to continue to make losses.

The only people who will buy this are well meaning grandmothers who wander into game shops looking for something for their grandson and get fleeced out of £45 by an unscrupulous shop assistant desperate to try and shift a copy of Legends before they have to write them off as landfill.
  • AliAli
    Have to say, I tried to play Goldeneye on an N64 emulator recently and was shocked at how badly it's aged. I gave up halfway through.
  • It's times like this that I'm glad I didn't sell my n64 or ps2. I have some GOOD Bond games to play over Christmas.
    Ali wrote:
    Have to say, I tried to play Goldeneye on an N64 emulator recently and was shocked at how badly it's aged. I gave up halfway through.

Well it is from 1997, if you've been playing recent games then it will look fairly dated.

I think still blows most of the Bond games out of the water (I prefer Nightfire though).

No Offence but compare it to the original Nintendo 64 Game and you will see that Goldeneye Wii?Reloaded is nothing but a cash in especially when you consider that the fun factor is gone- Craig doesnt even kill any scientists everything is pre-scripted Brosnan wouldnt have it- he would have used a watch laser to burn off Dr. Doak's Organmi shaped head
    and not to mention that GER/Wii is just call of duty with "Bond charaters" honestly
    replacing Sean Bean with an ugly chubby trevelyan is just sinful and getting rid of Boris
    is just low
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    002 wrote:
    Craig doesnt even kill any scientists

For one, in N64 game, one of your objectives was "minimize scientist casualties". Two, why the hell would he just go about slaughtering scientists?
    002 wrote:

For one, in N64 game, one of your objectives was "minimize scientist casualties". Two, why the hell would he just go about slaughtering scientists?

Because nearly everyone back in the day killed dozens of scientists in Goldeneye; planting remote minds with slow motion or fast motion and send them flying in the air, who cares what the objective is...in Goldeneye 64 you could do whatever you wanted in the levels but with the Craptivision games everything is from Point A-B no interacticity at all and frankly boring
  • 002 wrote:

But it didn't force you to do that. It gave you tons of freedom and that's part of what made the original great.

Goldeneye Wii was a linear Call Of Duty clone. A cash in on the Goldeneye name.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    002 wrote:

But it didn't force you to do that. It gave you tons of freedom and that's part of what made the original great.

Actually, it did. You couldn't progress to the next level unless you completed all objectives in the previous level.
  • Did it?

I haven't played GE in a while but I remember being able to kill scientists.
    Did it?

I haven't played GE in a while but I remember being able to kill scientists.

i think if you kill 3 or more you fail on Agent

hehe remember that when you shoot them in the arm they either get a D44 or a grenade out and attack you with it
  • AliAli
    edited December 2012 Posts: 319
    This is reduced on PSN if anyone wants it. I think it was £19.99 for regular users and £15.99 for PS Plus.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 202
    I saw some gameplay footage of this today. Man, did it look awful.

The fight with Patrice on the train in the SKYFALL mission was hilarious.
    MrBrown wrote:
    I saw some gameplay footage of this today. Man, did it look awful.

I watched a walkthrough of the SKYFALL mission. The fight with Patrice on the train was hilarious.
    The whole mission for Skyfall is barely half an hour, and all it encompasses is Bond traveling to China to get Patrice after Istanbul, and when he dies the mission ends. No mention of Silva, a drive, or anything. Activision and Eurocom are cracked if they thought anything in 007 Legends paid any kind of tribute to Bond.

Bond gets shot in the stomach and just grunts about it. :))

Awful graphics, awful reworking of the story. Talk about a real cob job.

Now I understand why Bond fans and gamers want Activision's licence revoked.