James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Mallory wrote:
    Well, my Goldeneye Blu Ray steelbook arrived today. Its rather nice. Doesn't look like there are any suppliments with it, though.

I really wanted to get this, but it appeared to be a UK-exclusive, only.

The disc isn't region locked, so it will play in any blu ray player around the world.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,368
    @Mallory, hmm. Well, I shall look for it online now!

EDIT: Just looked around, and the only place I can find to purchase it in America here is ebay, but it's way too expensive.
    Finally found the thread for this kind of question:

Are MGM going to announce a special limited edition of SkyFall? If yes when?
    dragonsky wrote:
    Finally found the thread for this kind of question:

Are MGM going to announce a special limited edition of SkyFall? If yes when?

It's looking unlikely, sadly. At least for it's initial launch.

HMV are offering a steelbook version, though.
    @Mallory, I suppose it's safe to assume that the SF steelbook on HMV will be region-free?
    braybray3.png
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited December 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Last night I watched the two documentaries (The Making Of Goldfinger and The Goldfinger Phenomenon) from the Goldfinger blu-ray. Are they edited? Last time I watched them it was from the Special Edition DVD and I'd swear they were different. I remember Shirley Bassey saying that as soon as she heard the song's first notes she agreed to sing it.

Are the documentaries edited, or is my memory wrong and those bits were from other documentaries?
    BIG NEWS!!!

The Bond 50 Blu-Ray set is the best selling Blu-Ray box set in the 2012 year!

\:D/

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98016
    Great news!

I have two!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wow, it's only been a few months as well! Another feather in Bond's 2012 cap.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Have MGM done a 'Galdiator' on us with the Goldeneye blu ray. Gladiator was reissued due to OTT DNR and I sort of get the feeling GE has suffered the same treatment. The other thing ive noticed is that there is no Lowry credit at the end of the film..all of my other blu rays do, up to CR. Hmmm im hopeful for a reissue ( with associated return and replace offer)...

Got to say though, I watched GE last night and could not help thinking if Brosnan had not become such a caricature of himself , his tenure would have endured far better. He nails it in quite a few instances in GE...anyway I digress.

GE blu ray...sort it MGM... or I will have my vengance, in this life or the next. ;-)
  • zb007zb007 UK
    Have MGM done a 'Galdiator' on us with the Goldeneye blu ray. Gladiator was reissued due to OTT DNR and I sort of get the feeling GE has suffered the same treatment. The other thing ive noticed is that there is no Lowry credit at the end of the film..all of my other blu rays do, up to CR. Hmmm im hopeful for a reissue ( with associated return and replace offer)...

Got to say though, I watched GE last night and could not help thinking if Brosnan had not become such a caricature of himself , his tenure would have endured far better. He nails it in quite a few instances in GE...anyway I digress.

GE blu ray...sort it MGM... or I will have my vengance, in this life or the next. ;-)

only why to get a reissue is for people to kick up a fuss and complain about the current release
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    @hmvtweets: We are delighted to announce the release date for @007 #Skyfall is February 18th 2013. http://t.co/8EyzNIss http://t.co/ZNJA3oTl

Skyfall gets it's UK release date on DVD and blu ray
    Amazon also confirms this.
    Nice to see this confirmed even though it was leaked nearly a month ago. The US release is also said to be 12th February and not in March as first thought...

What a quick turnaround.
    Very quick, and very nice to know I'll get to see the film on blu-ray a month earlier than originally expected. I'm now looking forward to a special edition/collectible edition.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Yep only two months exactly! It seems only yesterday we were still waiting on clapperboards and trailers , I'm sure it's going to fly by :D
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    We have official word on this from Bond's Facebook page:

Bond fans – SKYFALL will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in the US and UK on Feb 18!
    46424_567638906584358_1824331349_n.jpg

Good news: It's coming in February!
    Bad news: The cover artwork seems final...
  • gt007 wrote:

Bad news: Good News: The cover artwork seems final...

I really like this cover, especially as a slip. Really classy IMO.

edited December 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The steelbook is far better:

http://ow.ly/i/1i73v

Eight weeks today!
    Wow much earlier than expected. But that's great! And that cover will only be used for the DVD anyway as the BR will be in my Bond 50 set :)
    Samuel001 wrote:

Eight weeks today!
    Any word if that steel-book is going to be released in the US?
    That steelbook is lovely!
  • SJK91 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Eight weeks today!
    Any word if that steel-book is going to be released in the US?

Probably your best bet is Best Buy no pun intended. :P
    Wow, I want that steelbook. I really hope it makes its way to the US, somehow.
  • I really like the look of the steelbook, but i also like the fact the regular bluray release has the dvd along with it. Do you think the steelbook bluray will be a bluray/dvd combi pack aswell or is that wishing for too much?
    I know I've asked before, but should the SF blu-ray steelbook be region free? I'm still not up to date on the terminology for blu-rays and the players, but I'm asking if I can purchase it when it's released in the UK, have it sent here, and watch it on my blu-ray player.
    its a better first release than I imagined with the inclusion of 2 commentaries and what could be some new featurettes instead of another run of web vlogs. I would expect the sound to be 7.1 DTS-MA. I may have to dip even though I'd rather wait for the deluxe.
    Pleased but not surprised at the bringing forward of the release date. If they are seriously going for Oscar glory with this one (and all signs are that they are) then a 'for your consideration' DVD would have to be produced and issued to the Academy panel, which would of course be all over the torrent sites before you can say 'take the bloody shot'. Makes sense to minimise the damage this way (plus keeping the film on the promo roll on the run-up to the Oscars ceremony itself).

PS. Nice to be back, but I do miss the old forum...
    gt007 wrote:
    We have official word on this from Bond's Facebook page:

Bond fans – SKYFALL will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in the US and UK on Feb 18!
    46424_567638906584358_1824331349_n.jpg

Bad news: The cover artwork seems final...

Happy days! Have to wait less longer than i thought for!!! <:-P
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    French Steelbook with 8 Free Postcards.

jbbr_sf_bd_steelbook_fr_xl-1024x636.jpg