Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Bully is my 2nd or 3rd favourite Rockstar game. My first is probably Red Dead or Vice city.
    Alpha Protocol is one of those games that had a great idea but not great execution. It needs a sequel. Assassins Creed, Saints Row, Just Cause all were meh games that got sequels and look how the sequels turned out (awesome).

Just Cause 2 was better than the original, I have never played Saints Row 2 and as for Assassin's Creed, the orininal is still by far the best, despite not being as deep as the sequels. I still have not played AC3, i'm going to wait until the sales to pick it up. Same with Hitman: Absolution.

I think AC 3 is worth it's full price, but then I'm a big fan of the series so I'd probably end up buying it no matter what it's like.

I didn't mind the original. It was the first game I had on xbox so the graphics and everything blew me away. The cities were great and I loved the setting, and the assassination missions were fun. But it had the same problem LA Noire had, it just got boring.

Go to a city, meet your contact, pick pocket/eaves drop/interrogate, do an assassination, run away, speak to contact, go back to big castle, boring modern day Desmond bit. Wash rinse and repeat. And I didn't mind Altair but it annoyed me how he had an American accent.

I thought AC 2 was an improvement in almost every way, apart from the fact that it was easier.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I am a fan of the AC series, even though I prefer AC & Altair (I even went out and bought the 7" NECA toys Altair figure), I like the concept of the series. But I had heard that AC3 was very buggy, which put me off from a day purchase. My birthday is just after christmas, which is also when the sales start, so that is when I will be picking up AC3 & Hitman Absolution (another game from one of my favourite series', which I was put off from an immediate purchase).

Far Cry 3
    Last mission completed: destroy the drug plantation with the Flamethrower.

Fun fun fun all the way. :D
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Far Cry 3 does look brilliant.

I keep hearing about all these bugs in AC 3 but I haven't had any problems. I've had one or two glitches but nothing that stops me from playing the game. Unlike Skyrim (I'm still pissed off that it broke my ps3 and lost all my saved games).

I did have one problem with AC 3 and that's Connor. Compared to Ezio he was terrible and lots of the secondary characters outshone him. I would've rather played a full game as his mentor or his dad.

Anyway, I've been playing Need For Speed Most Wanted lots recently. I've fully kitted out the Aston Martin V12 Vantage and I've been using that for all the Most Wanted races. Brilliant.

I've also been doing the naval missions on AC 3 and I've started a new manager career on FIFA 13. Let's see if I can do a better job than Allardyce.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, and that's what is so different: I had a few freezing issues here and there with Skyrim, but nothing game breaking. It's a shame that glitches happen so differently for so many players.

I'm still working on a bunch of games now. Traded in 'Hitman: Absolution' for 'Far Cry 3,' and am saving that until Christmas. Trying to beat 'Halo 4,' 'Black Ops II,' 'AC3,' and a multitude of others right now. Still going back and replaying games on my new Xbox and profile, and I'm looking to get 'Metro 2033,' 'Just Cause,' 'The Orange Box,' and possibly 'Call of Duty 4.'
  • @Creasy47 You mean Just Cause 1? I didn't think that was very good. It was alright but it's basically just Just Cause 2, but not as good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I could never balance all these games like you all can. I alone am likely getting Sleeping Dogs and Hitman: Absolution for Christmas and just those will be tough to choose between. I can't wait to play the former though. I have seen gameplay after gameplay of it and was so enthused with joy when I found out that Square Enix saved it from cancellation. I have been following it for years and it is great to see it come out of the tunnel with great reviews. I plan to give hours upon hours to it, akin to GTA IV and cause some ruckus in Hong Kong. B-)
    @thelivingroyale, yes. It looked entertaining enough for an $8 purchase. 'Just Cause 2' was great fun.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm having a hard time with it. I had to force myself, as pathetic as it was, to start playing multiple games at once, but it's really tough...again, as sad as that sounds.

Go with 'Sleeping Dogs' for sure. Out of all of the time I played it, I really enjoyed it. Excellent game. I'm incredibly excited to play 'Far Cry 3' on Christmas.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, yes. It looked entertaining enough for an $8 purchase. 'Just Cause 2' was great fun.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm having a hard time with it. I had to force myself, as pathetic as it was, to start playing multiple games at once, but it's really tough...again, as sad as that sounds.

Go with 'Sleeping Dogs' for sure. Out of all of the time I played it, I really enjoyed it. Excellent game. I'm incredibly excited to play 'Far Cry 3' on Christmas.

Are you saving FC3 for a gift to yourself on Christmas?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, half and half. I traded in 'Hitman: Absolution' towards it and received $33 in credit. My girlfriend offered to pay off the other half and give it to me as a Christmas gift, so I obliged. It's going to tease me so bad - I'm really interested in playing it, and I'm hoping she'll cave :))
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, half and half. I traded in 'Hitman: Absolution' towards it and received $33 in credit. My girlfriend offered to pay off the other half and give it to me as a Christmas gift, so I obliged. It's going to tease me so bad - I'm really interested in playing it, and I'm hoping she'll cave :))
    You may have to pay her in lip service.
    /:)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Just finished the Uncharted series...wow was that awesome!!! Loved the story lines and the unique challenges during the game. Glad that Drake was able to get Elena at the end. A few things I disliked...weapon selection was slim, and sometimes while covering behind rocks or buildings I was still getting shot???? There were about 3-4 instances were it autosaved and took my weapons away from me leaving me in the middle of a 1 vs 100 people shootout...with no weapons and After dieing it loads up in the same spot still with no weapons???/

This is the second best series of games I have played...very impressed graphically and game play wise. Glad to know some thinking went into this story line.
    Just finished the Uncharted series...wow was that awesome!!! Loved the story lines and the unique challenges during the game. Glad that Drake was able to get Elena at the end. A few things I disliked...weapon selection was slim, and sometimes while covering behind rocks or buildings I was still getting shot???? There were about 3-4 instances were it autosaved and took my weapons away from me leaving me in the middle of a 1 vs 100 people shootout...with no weapons and After dieing it loads up in the same spot still with no weapons???/

This is the second best series of games I have played...very impressed graphically and game play wise. Glad to know some thinking went into this story line.

That much can't be said for Uncharted 3. ~X(

On a happier note, what was your favorite of the series?
    Well its hard not to say Uncharted:Drake's Fortune as it really set the tone of the series in my opinion....but I gotta go with Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.......very impressive besides my game freezing during chapter 6( having to uninstall the game and delete save game data just to get through the game)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think Drakes Deception has a lot going for it. The Cruise Liner section has to be one of my favourite moments. And then there's that very TLD-esque moment.
    I think Drakes Deception has a lot going for it. The Cruise Liner section has to be one of my favourite moments. And then there's that very TLD-esque moment.

And the saddest thing about the entire epic shipyard levels leading up to the liner: It was all done for nothing. Naughty Dog wanted to show off some decent action so they devised a cheap way so that they could have Nate do that action and still move the story along. It irks the hell out of me, as you can just see how sloppy it all is. Uncharted 2 is far superior to me and has less glaring problems for me than 1 or 3.
    I prefer 3. Cooler set pieces and better graphics.

I don't think the Uncharted games ever really had a great story anyway. I played them because they had witty lines, great action and brilliant graphics.

The cargo net bit proved that Daltons Bond made an impact and he has fans. Another example is the TDKR opening.
    I still think Uncharted 2 is superior graphically and in action. Actually, in every aspect. The graphics in 3 just seem too cartoony while 2 has vibrant graphics that just go so well together with wonderful color schemes and character models with more life.
    Anyone have non-spoiler reviews for 'Far Cry 3'? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Anyone have non-spoiler reviews for 'Far Cry 3'? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
    Here's a great YouTube video from some of my favorite reviewers. Nothing major is spoiled except that the beginning it touched on and it is in depth:

edited December 2012 Posts: 784
    Just replayed Uncharted:Drakes Fortune..finally got all 61 pieces of treasure....now I gotta find them all on Uncharted 2.

And Uncharted has great replay value!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, thanks for that. Pretty interesting watch, and I always love seeing reviewers commentate and point out the small things that build up to make a great game even more entertaining.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I haven't finished Far Cry 3 yet, but based on my experience(es) so far, it has to be one of the best FPS of this generation (at least).

Where am I in the game...?
    After killing Buck, rescuing Keith and climbing out from the grave filled with bodies, I now have reclaimed all my equipment.
    Just completed Uncharted on Crushing mode and that completes my achievements . I now have the Platinum trophy for Uncharted. B-)
    Far Cry 3

Earlier today I completed the main story missions. I must say, I was kinda expecting a bigger ending. Maybe it was down to the final choice the game allows you to make...
    Rescue your friends and leave the island or kill your friends and stay on the island with Citra

I picked the former option.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    007 Nightfire (PS2 Version) from start to finish. Had a blast. :) The best James Bond game since GoldenEye.
    Murdock wrote:
    007 Nightfire (PS2 Version) from start to finish. Had a blast. :) The best James Bond game since GoldenEye.

I love nostalgia trips. Sometimes I go back to my Gamecube and play my old favorites from that generation. Spiderman 2 still and always will hold up. The best Spiderman game ever made, and it was released clear back in 2004.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:

I love nostalgia trips. Sometimes I go back to my Gamecube and play my old favorites from that generation. Spiderman 2 still and always will hold up. The best Spiderman game ever made, and it was released clear back in 2004.

I know, I've been doing a classic Bond game Marathon 1997 to 2005 GE to FRWL. I love them all even if some are bad. Games today aren't appealing to me anymore. They all feel cookie cutter and it's really sad because I fear there might be another Gaming crash if mediocrity in games continue.
    Lately I've been playing Far Cry 3 over the last week or so. It's alright, but it's not as good as I thought it would be. The main story missions are really linear (no, you're going the wrong way! Ooops, you were spotted, start again!), and although it's a good idea having to hunt to make holsters, etc, the hunting system is stupid.

Taking over outposts is fun though and it's a pretty game. There's tons of wildlife and the main villians are great.

Dishonoured

This was a suprise when I got it yesterday. I was bought this as a Christmas present because my fiance saw the advert and thought "it looked like that other one you're always playing" (Assassins Creed).

But I've been playing it for the last hour and it's so much more than a rip off. This game is it's own thing and so far it's brilliant. Definetly recommend it.
    Lately I've been playing Far Cry 3 over the last week or so. It's alright, but it's not as good as I thought it would be. The main story missions are really linear (no, you're going the wrong way! Ooops, you were spotted, start again!), and although it's a good idea having to hunt to make holsters, etc, the hunting system is stupid.

Taking over outposts is fun though and it's a pretty game. There's tons of wildlife and the main villians are great.

I though the game was ok, but
    whether it was the final choice I made, but I thought the ending was really limp.

The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes

I decide to wipe off the dust, and try a second playthrough, i'm now looking to collect the trophies I didn't get 1st time around.
    I've been playing Dishonoured some more, I've just finished the first main mission.

I've saved an old witch from some gangsters, broken into a doctors house and infected a bootleg distillery with plague. Then I finally went after the target and ended up getting caught poisoning his drink, so I ended up blowing his head off with my old timey pistol and fighting my way out.

Best game I've played all year.