Casting suggestions

13»

Comments

• Jonathan Cake as James Bond would be as near perfect as we are going to get . I agree with MajorDSmythe about Adrian Lester (from Hustle) his kind of charm and charisma is what is needed- though I am not in favour of an ethnic Bond (this is no criticism of Adrian who is excellent in Hustle).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Jason19 wrote:
    Jonathan Cake as James Bond would be as near perfect as we are going to get . I agree with MajorDSmythe about Adrian Lester (from Hustle) his kind of charm and charisma is what is needed- though I am not in favour of an ethnic Bond (this is no criticism of Adrian who is excellent in Hustle).

And i've long been calling for Jaime Murray for Moneypenny, so it would be like a Hustle reunion. ;) A casting choice i'd like to see asap:

Ken_Stott-1.jpg

A fantastic actor (Rebus, The Vice & Uncle Adolf), there's no doubt in my mind that he would make a superb M. Authoritative and no-nonsense, just what's needed.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Well since Judi Dench is no longer M, in case if EON wants to have another female M, I would love Helen Mirren to fit that role. She seem to have a bit of Dench's aura out of her acting, so she may fit as a future female M if EON ever want to cast a female M.
    Hugo Weaving would make a good villain i think?
    I reckon the next Bond should be actor, stuntman, martial artist Scott Adkins, star of the new Universal Soldier movie Day of Reckoning, aswell as Yuri Boyka in the classic Undisputed 2 + 3. He is steadily moving up the ranks of action stars, can flip and do his own stunts (saving EON money on doubles!!), handles gunplay supremely well judging from his recent movie El Gringo, and as he is English too, is perfectly suited...he even looks more like the Bond of the books to boot than Craig
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 65
    Has anyone seen this screen test with James Brolin? Are there any others out there? Possibly Sam Neill?

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    My best castings taken from my personal scenarios/stories :

- Hugh Jackman as 007 ; Michael Fassbender as 007

- Hugh Laurie as the villain. Mix of Elliot Carver, Hugo Drax and Dr. No (let's say he's my head of evil pharma society, sowing death " à la carte" for terrorists and diamonds smugglers (as payment) thanks to their new created viruses tested on humans, they could counter attack themselves with antidotes at highest prices. He'd use his own Golden Gun ; containing aids virus...)

- Olivia Wilde as the good BG, Vesper typed. Ex-chemist who worked for Hugh Laurie's villain, fired ; she meets Bond and revenges the evil who destruct her family and life, teaming up with James, and becoming the very first 00 number 13.

- Angelina Jolie's Onatopp styled. Mercenary.

- Elisha Cuthbert as a BG.

- Robert Downey Jr. as the first (or better say) last henchmen, olé olé terrorist.

- John Cleese as Q ; in the pitch wtih Bond.

- Alice Taglioni (yes, a french woman) as a beautiful blonde Moneypenny.

-Samuel L. Jackson as another villain to chase in the next film, mercenary typed; "à la Dr. Kananga".

- Ed Harris (remember "The Rock" 1996 with Cage and Sir Sean) as new M, even if I truly like Fiennes/Malory new cast.

This for a classic-turning-to-quite modern film ; comparable to "Skyfall" style, current time.

... "I must be dreaming..."
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    I've just seen this could/should have been in the "Fan Creations" discuss as well...
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 42
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    HOWEVER, there's always an exception for Waltz. If he wants to be in it, let the man do it, EON!

I could definitely see Christoph Waltz as the chief villian in Bond 24.

However, if the producers are tired of Euro-Villains - after Mikkelsen, Almaric and Bardem - and would rather go American, how about:
    - Thomas Haden Church;
    - Morgan Freeman;
    - Adrien Brody; or
    - Joaquin Phoenix.

I would have loved to have seen Philip Seymour Hoffman play a Bond baddie, but I guess his role in MI:3 has put paid to that.

If a home-grown villain is required, how about:
    - Gary Oldman;
    - Dame Helen Mirren;
    - Tom Wilkinson; or (in my dreams, I know)
    - Daniel Day-Lewis.

Geoffrey Rush - as an Aussie, and a great actor to boot - could, I am sure, play a convincing American or Brit.

IMO, Skyfall has raised the bar in terms of the level of acting talent we can anticipate in the next film or two, so I don't think that any of the actors named above - bar Day-Lewis, perhaps - are seriously out of reach.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    Tom Hardy as Jaws or Oddjob
    William Dafoe or Gary Oldman as Blofeld
    Blake Lively as Moneypenny
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Is it just me or Mark Dacascos looks like he could pull off a convincing Dr. No (at least Dacascos won't need the yellowface makeup crap since he himself is part Asian in his blood)

220px-Mark_Dacascos_cropped.jpg

DrJuliusNo.jpg
  • mdo007 wrote:
    Is it just me or Mark Dacascos looks like he could pull off a convincing Dr. No (at least Dacascos won't need the yellowface makeup crap since he himself is part Asian in his blood)

220px-Mark_Dacascos_cropped.jpg

DrJuliusNo.jpg

Mark Dacascos does look very similar to Joeseph Wiseman. I think he would make a good Dr. No.