Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

The final episode of Doctor Who season 6a was bloody brilliant.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'd say that was the best episode this (half) series.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'd say that was the best episode this (half) series.
    Top stuff I agree. And very good first half to the series. I can't wait for September/October.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Just finished the first half of Season 1 of 24 !! Excellent show ! Will make a little break before attacking the rest of the season... Season 1 of The Office US next !!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    It was a little over-complicated and rushed, perhaps, the final episode of Doctor Who (6a), 'A Good Man Goes To War'. When you get down to it, really the whole venture was a plot device to get to the big reveal at the end. But what a reveal - predictable, if you thought about it enough, maybe; but top stuff.

As has been the first half of this latest series - haven't quite enjoyed it as much I did the last series (my favourite thus far of New Who), but, hey, we're only halfway through, right...? :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yes, this has been a fairly complex series so far. The new who has always had solid stories but never as complexly plotted as this one. Matt Smith is amazing though. He can break your heart one minute and make you laugh the next.

Good climax and as Georgio says, we should have been able to work out the final twist with a bit of thought. The water analogy was there for all to see.
  • To be honest, i hate the new series of doctor who, far too complicated, not at all like it was before, though i somehow found that i was atracted to watch each episode, even though i was disappointed with it. Plus the final, was a bit 'over-the top', though i liked the ending :D

Other than Dr Who, it has been: Red Dwarf (UK)
    - Definately one of, if not the best comedy program ever shown, well the first 6 series' that is, just before they went down-hill, loved them for years, had them on VHS, got them on DVD, and still love them, just a brilliant piece of work :D
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    "Sanford and Son: Divorce, Sanford Style" on Antenna TV. It's my favorite episode of this series. Aunt Esther has a fight with Uncle Woody and moves in with Fred and Lamont much to the consternation of her brother-in-law. Hilarious comedy classic.
    Father Knows Best
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,882
    Dotor Who: Delta And The Bannermen

A holliday camp in 1950's south wales, even as a Welshman, I must say that isn't the most dazzling location for the Doctor to visit. Had Ace not become the new companion in the following story, I would hae liked Ray to get the gig. That has nothing to do with Ray being a Welsh leather clad biker chick. :-"
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Watched season 1 of The Office US !! Really funny ! Epic Michael Scott is epic. Going to try the UK series Misfits, starting tonight !!

A holliday camp in 1950's south wales, even as a Welshman, I must say that isn't the most dazzling location for the Doctor to visit. Had Ace not become the new companion in the following story, I would hae liked Ray to get the gig. That has nothing to do with Ray being a Welsh leather clad biker chick. :-"
    That story is right good ole laugh. It showed how good This particular Doctor could be. I love these older serials.

That story is right good ole laugh. It showed how good This particular Doctor could be. I love these older serials.

McCoy is my favourite Doctor, and I love all 12 of his tv stories. But I think when it comes to the 7th Doctor, you can't beat the series 26 combination of: Battlefield, The Curse Of Fenric, Ghostlight & Survival.

McCoy is my favourite Doctor, and I love all 12 of his tv stories. But I think when it comes to the 7th Doctor, you can't beat the series 26 combination of: Battlefield, The Curse Of Fenric, Ghostlight & Survival.
    Yep and I do own all 4 of them. Chance................I don't think so.

Yep and I do own all 4 of them. Chance................I don't think so.

And next up (Julys' release) Paradise Towers. Sadly, it'll be 2012 before we get another McCoy release, which I read somewhere, might be an Ace Boxset of Dragonfire & The Greatest Show In The Galaxy. B-) Still, in the meantime, we've got the folks at Big Finish giving us a regular fix of the 7th Doctor.
    The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air this morning! One of my all-time favorite shows, with the hilarious Will Smith! I like those '90s sitcoms, like Fresh Prince, Saved by the Bell, and Full House. However, my all time favorite show is the one and only Brady Bunch! Such an iconic classic!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Just finished the 5th and last season of Friday Night Lights, a great little show about American High School Football in Texas, where people live for the sport. It's amazing how well acted this show was, absolutely magnificent performances all over by many teen and young adult actors. High props especially for Zach Gilford, Aimee Teegarden, and Connie Britton who helped make this show a masterpiece. All characters are extremely well written, even then detestable ones.

One of the best shows I've ever seen.

9/10
    Just finished season 1 of Entourage... A very good show. I really love Jeremy Piven and Kevin Dillon !! It is the first time I watch this show... great show !!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Just finished season 1 of Entourage... A very good show. I really love Jeremy Piven and Kevin Dillon !! It is the first time I watch this show... great show !!
    It gets a whole lot better with these two, but sucks completely starting at season 7. Great ride till then though.
    It gets a whole lot better with these two, but sucks completely starting at season 7. Great ride till then though.
    Thanks for the information !! :-bd
    Sanford and Son with a guest appearance by Julius Harris/"Tee Hee" as the doctor who attends to Fred after he gets a hit in the head from Aunt Esther.
    Watched the first episode of AMC's The Walking Dead. This one's a very, very good show, as is just about all of the original programming on AMC. I liked how this was a zombie story that didn't try to pander to the zombie film stereotypes, but rather, at least so far, one that focused on telling a good, personal story about those left behind when the rest of the world's population turned into zombies. Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes for Season 1 before Season 2 starts.
    Hawaii 5-0
    Full House, 4th Season, episode "Terror in Tanner Town." Hilarious episode from a very funny TV show from the '80s and '90s.
    Glee Season 2 was amazing show ever watch in my life.
    I've been watching a lot of 30 ROCK of late. I love it, but I can't understand the basic plot: Tina Fey can't find a boyfriend. Or, to put it more accurately, Tina Fey can't get a boyfriend!?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Just finished Game of Thrones and I must admit finding it fantastic. Sean Bean is great, the entire cast is very strong, I haven't read the books yet but this sure makes me want to do so very soon. I'm loving all this recent trend of making medieval/Roman times/ shows that started with Rome, then Spartacus, now shows like Game of Thrones, Camelot, The Borgias, etc. 10/10

Also finished both seasons of The League, a comedy about fantasy football. The show is a bit funny, but extremely overrated. The characters aren't believable or relate to anyone I know, the events are over the top. It's decent. 7/10 for football fans, especially fantasy fans only.
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Just finished season 2 of Breaking Bad. I only had watched season 1, and boy is this show great ! Can't wait to find out what happens in season 3.
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Finally had time to watch season 1 of The Walking Dead. Fantastic show, can't wait for season 2 ! I really loved the final episode 'TS-19'.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Finished Spartacus: Blood and Sand and pleasantly surprised. I heard claims it was only T&A with gore, it's much more. The back-stabbing makes this show worth it all alone. I watched it low expectations, it was quite decent really. 8/10