Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

edited October 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 72
I have to say I am quite excited for this film, especially since it has been confirmed that Shane Black is both writing and directing the piece. Though he claims he is going to try a Tom Clancy-esque tale, I'm sure the film will be riddled with cleverly timed comic relief in the vein of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Thoughts?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Interested in seeing where they take this. I liked the first film, I was fine with the second. So the big question now, with all the teaming up going on, is where they move from here.
    I'm not sure about this. Now I REALLY liked the first one, it was great fun and RDJ was terrific as the millionaire playboy (how could he not be) but the sequel was rather average. Maybe they should leave it at 2.

Oh well
    I enjoyed the first and the second so a third could be good.
    Shane Black is a solid choice and deserves a big film like this. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is awesome, one of my favorite Robert Downey films. So another collaboration between them, in the world of IM? Sign me up. :-D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,372
    Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige speaks about the villain, tone, possibility of Avengers cameos, and more in this interview:

http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-feige-says-iron-man-3-doesnt-feature-any-other-avengers-comments-on-villain-tone-and-more/

And although it's old news, here is the link to the teaser trailer:

http://www.slashfilm.com/iron-man-3-teaser-trailer/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's gonna be damn hard to see a single hero in a single film after seeing them all in The Avengers. Despite how much I liked Skyfall, The Expendables 2, and a few others, The Avengers is still my favorite film of 2012. This may be trumped by The Hobbit, but I'm not sure yet.
    Not seen the second movie yet? Loved the first one though!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Don't waste your time with the second film. The only good thing about it was seeing Sam Rockwell's fancy footwork.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Don't waste your time with the second film. The only good thing about it was seeing Sam Rockwell's fancy footwork.

Is it that bad?
    I thought it was.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Iron Man 2 is okay. It's one of those sequels that has that "It's good to be back from the events of the first movie" vibe.

Micky Rourke was my favorite part of the movie. But other than that. It's the Quantum of Solace of the Iron Man films.
  • I'm very excited about Iron Man 3! Shane Black & Marvel have given Iron Man 3 a more serious tone compared to the first two Iron Man films. I also excited that The Mandarin as the main villian. Marvel were going to have him in Iron Man back in 2008, but decided not to do it. Also The Extremnis will be the co-villian, & Scarlette Johansson is reprising her role as Black Widow. So Iron Man 3 is going to be epic.
    Well i will give it a go so then i can atleast draw my own conclusions. Cheers guys!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    These are the Trailers:

A Spot gone out yesterday:

A lot of people thought these trailers were not very good i thought they were showed a clip of the film rather then random flashes of odd bits of the film which makes a change In a good way. They should of showed more of the mandarin thou.
    The whole airplane scene with Iron Man catching everyone falling to the ground looks awesome and emotional.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The whole airplane scene with Iron Man catching everyone falling to the ground looks awesome and emotional.

I wonder how is he going to save all of the 13 people only carrying 4 in a row.

Can't wait to see this.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Can't wait to see this.

I'm guessing it will be something very emotional where he has to choose who to save and who not to save, or he will fly to the ground, drop them off, and back up as fast as they can, or - as the trailer somewhat showed - he will form a human chain.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Can't wait to see this.

I'm guessing it will be something very emotional where he has to choose who to save and who not to save, or he will fly to the ground, drop them off, and back up as fast as they can, or - as the trailer somewhat showed - he will form a human chain.
    They'll definitely make a chain. Don't know how they will safely land though...
  • Trailer looks awesome!
    I had my doubts but it seems to shape up nicely.

Can't wait!
    Looks awesome! Bring it on!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    People keep telling me I'm wrong but isn't Iron-Man 3 and Thor 2 suppose to take place before The Avengers?
    We see Tony's house get blown up in the trailers and he has Stark Tower in the Avengers. My guess is that he'll get the tower at the end of Iron-Man 3.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    No, Iron Man 3 takes place after Avengers. One line in the first trailer went "Nothing's been the same since New York", meaning the Chitauri invasion in Avengers. Same thing with Thor: The Dark World, it also takes place after Avengers.
    No. It takes place after the Avengers.
  • I read that one of the main aspects of the movie is that after the events of Avengers where Tony has "seen things" beyond imagination, he kinda gets desperate to prepare himself for bigger threats. Or at least something along those lines..
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    "Iron-Man 3" being before "The Avengers" was something I just assumed but I think I remember hearing that "Thor 2" was before "The Avengers". In "Thor" the bridge between worlds gets blown up and Thor is stuck in Asgard. It's been awhile since I've seen "Thor" but didn't he get told it would take a long time before he could go back to Earth? I assume that "The Dark World" shows us how it got rebuilt so quickly.
    Plus, doesn't Thor mention some important events to Loki in "The Avengers" that take place before it but after "Thor"? Again I could be wrong as I've only seen "The Avengers" once and that was back when it was in theaters.
    No. Thor 2 also takes place after the Avengers. Listen, every Marvel movie coming out is taking place after the events of the Avengers.

On a side note, turns out Sony made a deal with Fox to allow them to use the Kingpin in the DD movie abd that there were plans for the building to be featured in the Avengers but timing issues prevented it from appearing. Anyway, Mark Webb tweeted something interesting about the spider-man universe in which a poster on twitter asked something along the lines of Webb's intention to create a fully realised spidey universe as the villains, Electro and tge Rhino are appearing in TASM2. Webb's response to that was, "think bigger", furling speculation that at some point Sony and Disney are going to have spider-man as part of the MCU. Ideally this would be fantastic as part of phase 2 rather than prolonging this out to phase 3.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    saw it today. stuff blows up. Paltrow's been working out. Cool Audi.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I didn't remember about this thread. Saw it Wednesday.
    Rebecca Hall's character is completely wasted, Ben Kingsley is brilliant and Downey Jr. is his usual self (I'd say it's worth watching just for these two), Guy Pearce is absolutely forgettable and gets the worse hair style in the history of Iron Man films (which is no easy task), the end is rubbish, I didn't watch The Avengers so I don't know what the hell is causing Tony his anxiety (though that's my fault), there are some nice jokes along the way. Probably my least favourite of the three because at least the second one had Sam Rockwell dancing and that instantly elevates any film for me /:)