Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Alpha Protocol is one of those games that had a great idea but not great execution. It needs a sequel. Assassins Creed, Saints Row, Just Cause all were meh games that got sequels and look how the sequels turned out (awesome).

Just Cause 2 was better than the original, I have never played Saints Row 2 and as for Assassin's Creed, the orininal is still by far the best, despite not being as deep as the sequels. I still have not played AC3, i'm going to wait until the sales to pick it up. Same with Hitman: Absolution.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Is 'Alpha Protocol' worth the four or five bucks I see it priced at in Gamestop all the time?

I don't know what that is in £'s, but give how long it's been out, I think it must be cheap enough to warrant a safe blind buy. And it's an offline Platinum on the PS3, which is a big plus to me.

The Saboteur

I re-formated my PS3's hd a while back, so i've got a number of games i'm replaying and this is one. Grand Theft WW2, that's what this is, but the open world is still fun to explore and cause havoc in.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Alpha Protocol is one of those games that had a great idea but not great execution. It needs a sequel. Assassins Creed, Saints Row, Just Cause all were meh games that got sequels and look how the sequels turned out (awesome).

Just Cause 2 was better than the original, I have never played Saints Row 2 and as for Assassin's Creed, the orininal is still by far the best, despite not being as deep as the sequels. I still have not played AC3, i'm going to wait until the sales to pick it up. Same with Hitman: Absolution.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Is 'Alpha Protocol' worth the four or five bucks I see it priced at in Gamestop all the time?

I don't know what that is in £'s, but give how long it's been out, I think it must be cheap enough to warrant a safe blind buy. And it's an offline Platinum on the PS3, which is a big plus to me.

The Saboteur

I re-formated my PS3's hd a while back, so i've got a number of games i'm replaying and this is one. Grand Theft WW2, that's what this is, but the open world is still fun to explore and cause havoc in.

Saboteur is good. Underrated with unneeded hate.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've thought about picking up 'The Saboteur' lately, but I just have way too many games to play as it is. I'm picking up 'Far Cry 3' (and waiting to play it on Christmas), so other than that, I need to hold off until I finish up a bunch of these.
  • Far Cry 3 is meant to be really good. The villian seems badass.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I am about to start on the Uncharted series... just picked up all three games for $45 on black friday.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am about to start on the Uncharted series... just picked up all three games for $45 on black friday.

Uncharted 2 will change your life.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Playing them for the first time, I envy you @WillardWhyte. All 3 games are fantastic and blur the lines between games & films.
  • Just finished Hitman: Absolution. That was fun. :) Now I'm just playing some of the missions over, to better my score.
    Well I have been playing Uncharted and its pretty good so far...Only problem I have encountered is during the second game...I was battling helicopters on the roof in the "Desperate Times" chapter when the game suddenly froze saving the game at that exact spot. Now when I try to load game it just freezes and repeats the same 3 second music on the load screen while the artifact keeps spinning. I guess that's enough for tonight...Now I gotta start the entire chapter over again... Of all the PS3 games I have ever played, never have I gotten a freeze during a game. :O
  • AliAli
    Never had any problems with the Uncharted series but PS3 is prone to freezing as much as 360. The BluRay drives aren't the healthiest either so you can get errors in loading if they start to go. I replaced mine (it's an easy fix using a refurbished deck and new drive for around £40-50) last month and it's back to full health.

Uncharted 2 is, IMO, the best on the series, though 3 has the better set pieces and the graphics still amaze.

Last game I played, last night, was Gotham City Imposters. Love that game, and so cheap too! But I'll be back to BF3 after the Aftermath expansion downloads over today, to try that out.
    @Ali, I was debating purchasing 'Gotham City Imposters.' The gameplay looked reminiscent of 'Team Fortress 2,' and I love the Batman universe. I just wasn't sure if it's a game that would be around long. Plus, it irked me how many shots it seemed to take to kill people.

I'm looking forward to getting back to BF3, as well, with the 'Aftermath' DLC. I'm a non-Premium user on the 360, so I have to wait until December 18th to play it. No matter, I'll be picking up Microsoft Points before then, and will have a hefty chunk of Christmas Break to dive into it.
    well I beat the helicopter on Uncharted 2 Chapter 6 "Desperate Times" but when it is time to cross the second bridge...the game freezes yet again. This occurs when I am suppose to follow the girl and zip line for the second time in that chapter. So who knows if I will be able to finish Uncharted 2 before the 3rd game arrives in the mail.....This is so disappointing as I was having a good time playing it. Screw you Naughty Dog for not patching the game up....I have read others who have occurred freezes in this game.
    ok I had to unistall Uncharted 2 from my PS3...having done that I put in the disc and did not install the newest updates....Having played the game for an hour straight, I was able to get past the part that was freezing. So at this point I am in the clear and hopefully can finish the game!!
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Ali wrote:
    Never had any problems with the Uncharted series but PS3 is prone to freezing as much as 360. The BluRay drives aren't the healthiest either so you can get errors in loading if they start to go. I replaced mine (it's an easy fix using a refurbished deck and new drive for around £40-50) last month and it's back to full health.

Uncharted 2 is, IMO, the best on the series, though 3 has the better set pieces and the graphics still amaze.

Last game I played, last night, was Gotham City Imposters. Love that game, and so cheap too! But I'll be back to BF3 after the Aftermath expansion downloads over today, to try that out.
    I find Uncharted 2 to have superior graphics and set pieces. Uncharted 3 tried to be 2 again, and fell on its face.
    Well I have been playing Uncharted and its pretty good so far...Only problem I have encountered is during the second game...I was battling helicopters on the roof in the "Desperate Times" chapter when the game suddenly froze saving the game at that exact spot. Now when I try to load game it just freezes and repeats the same 3 second music on the load screen while the artifact keeps spinning. I guess that's enough for tonight...Now I gotta start the entire chapter over again... Of all the PS3 games I have ever played, never have I gotten a freeze during a game. :O
    well I beat the helicopter on Uncharted 2 Chapter 6 "Desperate Times" but when it is time to cross the second bridge...the game freezes yet again. This occurs when I am suppose to follow the girl and zip line for the second time in that chapter. So who knows if I will be able to finish Uncharted 2 before the 3rd game arrives in the mail.....This is so disappointing as I was having a good time playing it. Screw you Naughty Dog for not patching the game up....I have read others who have occurred freezes in this game.
    ok I had to unistall Uncharted 2 from my PS3...having done that I put in the disc and did not install the newest updates....Having played the game for an hour straight, I was able to get past the part that was freezing. So at this point I am in the clear and hopefully can finish the game!!
    I am not surprised so many people have experienced freezes on this game, though I shockingly haven't. You see, it is so utterly epic, amazing, spectacular and actiontastic that it literally causes your PS3 to pause in awe of its magnificence. That makes perfect sense too because you are at the best part of the game. :-B
    MGS4 never froze on me and that is far superior in graphics and game play.
    Graphics yes, gameplay HELLLLLLLLLLLL NO.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuZZpNng3jk?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuZZpNng3jk?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

How So? Both games are great no doubt...MGS just has more to offer and the game play is simple to handle.
  • AliAli
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Ali, I was debating purchasing 'Gotham City Imposters.' The gameplay looked reminiscent of 'Team Fortress 2,' and I love the Batman universe. I just wasn't sure if it's a game that would be around long. Plus, it irked me how many shots it seemed to take to kill people.

I'm looking forward to getting back to BF3, as well, with the 'Aftermath' DLC. I'm a non-Premium user on the 360, so I have to wait until December 18th to play it. No matter, I'll be picking up Microsoft Points before then, and will have a hefty chunk of Christmas Break to dive into it.

Aftermath is actually very, very good. Some interesting new maps and vehicles and the crossbow is great fun as well.

GCI is just very silly. In a good way. Team Fortress is the closest in look but it plays more like Unreal Tournament. The customisation items are fantastically silly as well. Parrot guns, roller skates, bouncy spring shoes are all quite normal!

How So? Both games are great no doubt...MGS just has more to offer and the game play is simple to handle.

I find it clunky and slow. Uncharted is the epitome of fantastic mechanics.
    @Ali, very good to hear. The crossbow looked like good fun. I'm only kicking myself because I didn't buy that Premium Pass for the game, figuring I would have ditched it by now. But, I find myself anticipating the release of this new DLC, just for another reason to get back (and addicted) to the game again.
  • AliAli
    The servers are certainly filling up fast! The actual maps remind me a lot more of eth Karkand updates than the last few DLC packs.
    I've been back and forth with so many games lately. I just wrapped up 'Hitman: Absolution,' going through collecting as many challenges and play styles as I could. I think I'm going to trade this game in for 'Far Cry 3' tonight. It just doesn't have any replay value whatsoever.
    Far Cry 3

Fan-flipping-tastic.
    I am man enough to admit to nearly soiling myself the first time a Croc lunged out of the water at me and tried to pull me under.
    @MajorDSmythe, I don't want to click the spoiler, but have you beaten it yet or something? I hear the ending is mindblowing.
    Not yet, i've only played about... 2 hrs worth. I've been doing the odd mission and a bit of exploring.

The only niggle I have is that the game freezes for a few seconds if I am moving while the 'saving game' logo is rotating on screen.
    Since my ps3 broke down on me, I've been playing my old ps2 games such as Bully, Red Dead Revolver (god, I hate that game) and The Godfather.
  • SharkBait wrote:
    such as Bully

I love that game. It's really funny, OTT (did your school day ever end with breaking into an asylum or fighting another kid on the roof during a dramatic thunder storm?) and brilliant.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    SharkBait wrote:
    such as Bully

I love that game. It's really funny, OTT (did your school day ever end with breaking into an asylum or fighting another kid on the roof during a dramatic thunder storm?) and brilliant.

Seconded. I spend hours upon hours playing that masterpiece. It just goes to show that Rockstar can still make a brilliant game without having you kill or run over people. Seriously, just get the cheats for that game and let the fun begin. It's endless hijinks. :))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'll add my voice to this. Bully was the most fun I'd had with a game for a long time when I played it.