Action Movies Thread

Comments

Creasy47 wrote:
    I wouldn't mind Renner returning, but I want Hunt front and center. And please...bring Luther back.

"Punk put a hole in my Versace. Oh, I'm mad now."

See.. I'm in a dilemma. I love Luther but I love Benji. I think they should keep those two back and have Hunt tell them to work together. They'd make comedic gold trapped in a small van together. Haha
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK, you have now spoiled 'Mission: Impossible V' for me if this does not happen. It sounds like perfection! Haha.

Or, now that Benji is in the field, perhaps he could be the 'comedic action guy,' while Luther is the 'comedic technical guy.' The former can set up cameras and whatnot in the field, and the latter can use the cameras/satellites/etc. in the van.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @JWESTBROOK, you have now spoiled 'Mission: Impossible V' for me if this does not happen. It sounds like perfection! Haha.

Or, now that Benji is in the field, perhaps he could be the 'comedic action guy,' while Luther is the 'comedic technical guy.' The former can set up cameras and whatnot in the field, and the latter can use the cameras/satellites/etc. in the van.

That'd be brilliant.

Their 'radio banter' while setting up the cameras should be a good time.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2012 Posts: 4,416
    Possible means:

Return of James D. Bissell production designer who also work on Mi4 and that Jack Reacher movie with Cruise.

The cinematopgrapher and the second editor of Jack Reacher is mabey also intresting to take over. The cinematopgrahper also working National Treasure, the better of the 2 movies in my opnion. The editor also working on X-men, Paycheck and Elektra. The style there start with Mi3/Mi4 i think about for mi5 i imagine more with Elektra (Because of the Alias style it remember).

I hope on a return of Jonathan Rhys Meyers to give us the promis there give us with Mi3 that he get a bigger part in Ethun team in the future. That Hunt and Luther Stickell having a litle bit of disagree in Mi3 too i like to see to be developt too not in the meaning he should be traiter but Hunt should get some credit back from him.
    Empire Magazine is reporting a rumor that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play a role in the Justice League film in 2015.

Please remember to use spoiler tags in your discussion, for those who may not be interested in knowing certain elements of certain recent DC Comics films.

It is rumored that
    Levitt will wear the cape and the ears in the upcoming 2015 Justice League film and is currently in talks to seal the deal. Another, less likely rumor, hints that his Batman may appear at the end of Man of Steel next year.

I'm so flipping excited for this. Here's the link:
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35859
  • Do you mean to tell me that after so many years we FINALLY get a Justice League movie, and in it,
    Batman isn't Bruce Wayne????
    No THANK YOU
    Do you mean to tell me that after so many years we FINALLY get a Justice League movie, and in it,
    Batman isn't Bruce Wayne????
    No THANK YOU

No thank me?
    No thank Nolan :P
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'd like that. If it's true it would probably mean we won't get another reboot, which I think is always a plus.
    I'd like that. If it's true it would probably mean we won't get another reboot, which I think is always a plus.

Agreed, and to @Master_Dahark there is no way they wouldn't continue Nolan's stride in whatever way they could if they had the chance..
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I know people are dead against any sequels to the Dark Knight trilogy, but I hate reboots now and Batman Begins really wasn't that long ago. And they're bound to make more Batman films anyway, at some point, so I'm happy they've taken the sequel root.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I know people are dead against any sequels to the Dark Knight trilogy, but I hate reboots now and Batman Begins really wasn't that long ago. And they're bound to make more Batman films anyway, at some point, so I'm happy they've taken the sequel root.

Me too. With a quality actor :) It could be ALOT worse.
  • I hope they get the bloke who did Looper to do it. He said he'd like to do one, he's worked with JGL a few times before (including Looper) and Looper was a brilliant film. Up there with SF, Batman and The Raid as films of the year.
    Agreed. Good director. His film 'Brick' with JGL is so far his best imo.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    If they insist on having Blake in the Justice League movie, then mark my words, he is doomed to die a violent death to make way for Wayne's return.

Think about it: how will some Gotham City cop with the keys to the batcave be worth a DAMN next to the likes of Superman, Green Lantern, etc...
    One of the biggest reasons Wayne is such an important part of the Justice League is his genius intellect! What could Blake possibility bring to the team?
    If they insist on having Blake in the Justice League movie, then mark my words, he is doomed to die a violent death to make way for Wayne's return.

Think about it: how will some Gotham City cop with the keys to the batcave be worth a DAMN next to the likes of Superman, Green Lantern, etc...
    One of the biggest reasons Wayne is such an important part of the Justice League is his genius intellect! What could Blake possibility bring to the team?

Well, delving deep into spoiler town and ignoring my previous self, he was able to figure out who Batman was. He's not just a 'cop off the block'. He comes from similar roots, similar struggles, and now has everything Wayne had. It could work. It won't be Bruce Wayne, but it will still be Batman.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Batman isn't Batman without Bruce Wayne.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    We knew the second one was going ahead but great to see them both confirmed. 2016 release then?...
    Also, epic Pacific Rim movie from Guillermo Del Toro is starting it's ad campaign today.

And boy is it epic. Giant robots v. giant sea creatures.

Here's the 'Attack' trailer:

And the Emergency Alert System Trailer:

Absolutely awesome.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 268
    Cant wait for it! Here's the first "Jaeger" and viral site: http://www.panpacificdefense.com/

Name: GIPSY DANGER
    Class: MARK III
    Height: 88 m, weight: 7,080 ton

Operating system
    : BLUE SPARK 4.1
    Energy: NUCLEAR VORTEX TURBINE (ANALOG)

Arsenal: I-19 PLASMACASTER

Deployment: ANCHORAGE SHATTERDOME, USA, launch: July 10 2017
    JaegerGipsyDanger.jpg
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,767
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Christopher McQuarrie, director of Valkyrie and the upcoming All You Need Is Kill is rumored to be the attached director as Mission Impossible V begins pre-production.

Having worked with Cruise on previous films, and their current project in All You Need Is Kill, he is a favorite to direct MI:V for Cruise and Abrams. Expect an official announcement and the start of pre-production when the team decides on writers.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97021
    Just for the record, McQuarrie co-wrote Valkyrie, Bryan Singer directed. :-B

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Here's the 'Attack' trailer:
    What a crap trailer, looks like Cloverfield all over again. Ok, the film is hardly going to ignore the beauty of giant monsters like Cloverfield did, but all those cameras and none gets some decent footage? That is totally unbelievable :( .
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay... that news report is dated August of 2013, but the mech schematic is dated July of 2017. Are we going to see some sort of time lapse in this film? Like, the first thirty or so minutes is all these monster attacks over a period of four years while these mechs are developed.
    Okay... that news report is dated August of 2013, but the mech schematic is dated July of 2017. Are we going to see some sort of time lapse in this film? Like, the first thirty or so minutes is all these monster attacks over a period of four years while these mechs are developed.

I think the first one will strike in 2013, we'll hurry and build robots 'just in case' or maybe we have knowledge of more things coming, and then the epic battles happen.

There's no way we'd still exist with those things rampaging on for four years. But in that trailer it shows that our jets can bring them down, so why do we need the robots?

Anyway, @boldfinger, I don't think the film will be 'found-footage' only the news part, and maybe even only that trailer. The trailer is set up that way to tease you. If it wasn't all shaky it wouldn't be like a realistic news story, and you'd be able to see the monster a helluva lot better. We've only just begun the marketing, don't assume anything yet.
    boldfinger wrote:
    What a crap trailer, looks like Cloverfield all over again. Ok, the film is hardly going to ignore the beauty of giant monsters like Cloverfield did, but all those cameras and none gets some decent footage? That is totally unbelievable :( .

It's not a trailer. Its a viral video. The movie is not a found footage film.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    If it wasn't all shaky it wouldn't be like a realistic news story
    No realistic news story would bring such crap footage. Especially if that thing rampages for more than one minute it´s totally unrealistic that not even professional news camera men don´t get it shot properly. Imagine you´re a news reporter: You´re living for exciting footage. Now what is more exciting, catching a giant alien monster never been seen by man properly on camera, or showing some blurred shadows and a broken bridge? If you present the latter, you´ll create some panic locally. How cool. But if you get a proper picture of the monster, you can sell it all over the world for trillions of cash. So no news reporter or camera man with his marbles in place would forgo the chance to get proper footage of such a thing. And he wouldn´t have a hard time, being that it doesn´t take long to switch on a modern camera, which by the way is not sold anymore since the 80s without frame stabilising mode.
    As I said, I don´t expect the film to be like that. But even as viral marketing I find it utterly stupid.
    boldfinger wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    If it wasn't all shaky it wouldn't be like a realistic news story
    No realistic news story would bring such crap footage. Especially if that thing rampages for more than one minute it´s totally unrealistic that not even professional news camera men don´t get it shot properly. Imagine you´re a news reporter: You´re living for exciting footage. Now what is more exciting, catching a giant alien monster never been seen by man properly on camera, or showing some blurred shadows and a broken bridge? If you present the latter, you´ll create some panic locally. How cool. But if you get a proper picture of the monster, you can sell it all over the world for trillions of cash. So no news reporter or camera man with his marbles in place would forgo the chance to get proper footage of such a thing. And he wouldn´t have a hard time, being that it doesn´t take long to switch on a modern camera, which by the way is not sold anymore since the 80s without frame stabilising mode.
    As I said, I don´t expect the film to be like that. But even as viral marketing I find it utterly stupid.

Woah, alright. Didn't think I'd be arguing about a minute long teaser with the internets at 7 in the morning. I'll get back to you.
    Work has already started on the Pacific Rim sequel.

So it has to be good, right?

Right? :-S
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Work has already started on the Pacific Rim sequel.

So it has to be good, right?

Right? :-S

It's always a shame seeing this with brand new films. Didn't the same thing happen with 'John Carter,' yet it bombed at the box office and received incredibly terrible reviews?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dear Lord, the f*cking film's not even out yet and they're already working on a sequel? It better be good.
    Dear Lord, the f*cking film's not even out yet and they're already working on a sequel? It better be good.

Planning ahead like this just seems like the norm anymore. In reality, it makes me lose interest in a film - the cocky attitude and willingness to go ahead and pen a sequel when the film is months and months away from release, and they've no idea how popular it will be or how well it will perform at the box office.