Judge the best replica prop

edited April 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 469
Master Dahark has come up with a good idea, and tweaking the idea slightly, how about this for a idea.

If there is anyone out there who can make replica props, how about a joint venture within the community.
We pick a subject to make, pick a time limit to do it by, and post the picture of it on here and everyone could judge the attempt to see who's is the best version.
To get the ball rolling, how about the shark bait letter attached to Felix in Licence to kill.
I will give it a go and post at weekend when completed

Good luck !

Comments

Even though Bond never wore this in the movies, (it's from the GoldenEye video game), minus the OO7 logo, I would actually LOVE to have this watch!!

I wonder how he made it-- paint and a steady hand? Stickers? I'd love to make one.....

feae099b95c78e3824f230962f27e1ad.jpg
  • Haha, that watch is so bloody awesome! I'd just randomly move it in front of my face, and expect everybody around me to stop because I'm pauzing :)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    That's great.

xxx
    lol I would do that all the time too!

Seriously I wish there was a link to buy it because I saw it and was like:

shut-up-and-take-my-money1.jpg
    [img][/img]037oa.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Well well well-- look what's on the way to my doorstep!

artscow007watch.jpg

I have literally wanted one since 1997 \:D/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well well well-- look what's on the way to my doorstep!

artscow007watch.jpg

I have literally wanted one since 1997 \:D/

Lucky!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That heath system will never get old. I'd go as far to say it's even classic. What a fantastic watch, wear it with pride @Master_Dahark!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    imagine if the watch has the health system and it tells you when you're about to die :P
  • I wonder if time stops when I look at it. ;)
    Here's a pic of me and my GoldenEye inspired mine. Sadly the joystick that was used for the actual mine prop is so rare and hard to find I just used the Joystick I had.

196772_192138390824120_6305016_n.jpg
  • The watch with the 007 hologram is from a Nintendo Power catalog a long time ago I believe. I still have mine but I'm kind of afraid to wear it since it would be difficult to replace if damaged. Never seen one on eBay.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    awesome goldeneye watch, really awesome, brings me back to the old days
  • Here's my watch! I've been wearing it to work and a couple of the guys my age recognized it without me even pointing it out!

Here it is on my hairy ol' arm :)

DSC_0354.jpg
    Here's my watch! I've been wearing it to work and a couple of the guys my age recognized it without me even pointing it out!

Here it is on my hairy manly ol' arm :)

Congrats! *jealous*
    I NEED one of those @Master_Dahark. How to? :D
  • I can tell you how I got mine- there's a few steps to it, but you cannot find a better deal on the entire planet!!! My watch cost me $7.99. And that was the shipping!!! That's right- this watch is FREE

But like I said there's a few steps. Basically there's this art website where you can get custom shirts, coffee mugs and such. And WATCHES. They give you a free gift (blank 'sports' watch) just for registering- and that's how it's done!

Here's the actual step-by-step link that I used:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5151172-Men-s-James-Bond-007-Goldeneye-Replica-or-Custom-Image-Sport-Metal-Watch-6-New-Customers-Only?p=52986542#post52986542

There you have it- don't forget who hooked you up ;)
    Saw the GoldenEye 64 watch on ebay.co.uk two days ago (The seller was selling around 20), was going to buy but hesitated - decided to buy it today, but they're all gone! I swear this thread was the cause of it! Though said that, I'd never be aware of it if this thread didn't exist...
  • I am considering buying it the way Master_Dahark did, but I live in the Netherlands, can I get it shipped to here, and will that cost me any extra money?
    Thanks a lot @Master_Dahark.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,879
    @hart008 Sweet cufflinks, indeed. Why haven't I bought a pair yet? Oh, that's right- no suit. :-< L-)
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,879
    Murdock wrote:
    Here's a pic of me and my GoldenEye inspired mine. Sadly the joystick that was used for the actual mine prop is so rare and hard to find I just used the Joystick I had.
    Anyone interested in making the GoldenEye remote mine, there is now a bunch of new old stock joysticks on Ebay that look the part*. The price isn't as cheap as I would've liked (just under $40US), but anyone planning to make the prop should know they're sure hard to find these days. Grab 'em while you can- @Murdock, I'm looking at you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-NES-SAITEK-MEGAGRIP-1-CONTROLLER-IN-BOX-NEW-OLD-STOCK-/330924184200?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4d0c9e5288#ht_559wt_758

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-MEGAGRIP-Control-Stick-von-Saitek-/370828845827?pt=PC_Viedeospielzubehör&amp;hash=item56571f2303#ht_840wt_679

* Just a heads up though- on this particular model there's an extra start/fire button on top where one row of LEDs would go, but I'm sure it can be filled with putty and painted over. Here's someone else's photo of the base and the aforementioned buttons up close:

saitek05_zps23951d4c.jpg
    prop454scan1.jpg
    Splended @QBranch! My birthday is coming up so I might just strike the iron while it's hot. ;) Thanks for this.
    No probs! Glad you're interested. I know you like to make props, and as a budding prop maker myself, it sure will be fun to put those creative skills to the test! Also, there's some great info on www.therpf.com (Replica Prop Forum) regarding the remaining components for the project. I'll sign up once I've got something to show. Are you a member, @Murdock?

BTW Happy B'day for tomorrow!
    QBranch wrote:
    No probs! Glad you're interested. I know you like to make props, and as a budding prop maker myself, it sure will be fun to put those creative skills to the test! Also, there's some great info on www.therpf.com (Replica Prop Forum) regarding the remaining components for the project. I'll sign up once I've got something to show. Are you a member, @Murdock?

BTW Happy B'day for tomorrow!

Thanks. :) No I'm not a member, though I've visited that site before for ideas. Actually. Since this joystick has an extra button, I want to do something a little different. Like make it a Timed or Proximity variant like in GoldenEye 64.

Great thinking, @Murdock. Just remember to set the timer for six minutes. The same six minutes you gave me :P

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b9/Goldeneye_007_N64_Timed_mine_Watch.jpg/400px-Goldeneye_007_N64_Timed_mine_Watch.jpg
    QBranch wrote:
    Great thinking, @Murdock. Just remember to set the timer for six minutes. The same six minutes you gave me :P

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b9/Goldeneye_007_N64_Timed_mine_Watch.jpg/400px-Goldeneye_007_N64_Timed_mine_Watch.jpg

Exactly! Add Blue LED's And maybe make the third button that green to red gradient or something completely original.
    Exactly what I was thinking! Although, the proximity mine would also be cool to do if you put a motion sensor where those extra buttons are. You could place the mine on the fridge and have it light up the kitchen whenever you go for midnight snacks! ;)
    Well good news @QBranch. I just happened to score 2 of these on ebay! ;)
    $(KGrHqN,!lEFIB!Il+GpBSClK07dMQ~~60_57.JPG