'bane' like villain in a future daniel craig bond movie??

danielcraigbonddanielcraigbond Suspended
edited November 2012 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 39
I am aware that we have already seen bond up against another agent like Sean Beans 006 in goldeneye, but i would love to see craig up against a villain like bane from the latest batman flick , a villain that sends shivers down my spine because of how intimidating he is and has a calculated menacing side to him . a villain that is physically superior and smarter than james bond , but don't copy the batman formula and have him break bonds back or anything like that, come up with a new story .

Comments

• I am aware that we have already seen bond up against another agent like Sean Beans 006 in goldeneye, but i would love to see craig up against a villain like bane from the latest batman flick , a villain that sends shivers down my spine because of how intimidating he is and has a calculated menacing side to him . a villain that is physically superior and smarter than james bond , but don't copy the batman formula and have him break bonds back or anything like that, come up with a new story .

Never thought it was a good idea to try and copy what worked in another franchise.

• Never thought it was a good idea to try and copy what worked in another franchise.

You're right. The series has been copying that scumbag Jason Bourne style for three films already.
  • JamesBond wrote:
    You're right. The series has been copying that scumbag Jason Bourne style for three films already.

No, it hasn't. Jason Bourne did copy a lot of what happened in the Bond series, though.

• I think they attempted to create a character like that with renard in TWINE with the whole not being able to feel pain thing. The whole bullet travelling slowly to his brain i did not get, surely a few blows to renards head would finish the job, though i am no medical expert admittedly.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I agree Craig needs a physically intimidating henchman or villain to square off against. There's plenty of inspiration out there.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    JamesBond wrote:
    Never thought it was a good idea to try and copy what worked in another franchise.

Dude, seriously...
    No more batman stuff please it was bad enough with people comparing silva to the joker but im all for a physical match to take on craig's bond.. we need a good old fashioned fist fight in the style of bond vs patrice.
  • Personally, I'm hoping for a translation of Colonel Sun.
  • A villian as fast and tough as Bane would be cool. It'd give Craig somebody tougher than him to fight for once.
    JamesBond wrote:

No, it hasn't. Jason Bourne did copy a lot of what happened in the Bond series, though.

Neither copied the other. Apart from the editing in QOS.
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    No.

An older wiser villain would be nice
    say Hugh Laurie for example!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TND had Stamper. Why not just throw Tom Hardy's Bane in 'Bond 24?' Then nobody can argue which Bond film does or doesn't feel exactly like Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Hugh Laurie would play an excellent villain. Now, I wouldn't mind someone buff that could put up a serious fight with Craig: Le Chiffre caught him off guard, Greene only had a slight upper hand because he surprised Bond with the axe, and Silva and Bond didn't really fight. I want to see Bond duke it out with the next villain, like Trevelyan or Grant.
  • I don't think it has to be the main villian he fights. A massive strong henchman like Jaws would be cool.
  • I would love to see Michael Wincott as villain in a Bond movie. He is my favourite bad guy. He was brilliant in films like Robin Hood and 1492-Conquest of Paradise, The Crow and The count of Monte Cristo. He has something really creepy over him.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    A henchman and femme fatale are interesting options we haven't had a modern twist on yet.
    @jasonbourne, Wincott looks like a mixture of Jeffrey Donovan and Guy Pearce. I agree that he has a very menacing look about him.

@Samuel001, I love that idea. I went into SF without a clue as to how Severine would be, excluding the shower scene that her and Bond share. I didn't know if she would play a femme fatale, but a Xenia Onatopp type - not necessarily her characteristics - would be nice to see in Craig's era.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    A henchman and femme fatale are interesting options we haven't had the 'Craig twist' on yet.

Do we have to have twists on everything though? I'd like a straight forward henchman who could beat the crap out of anybody, and Bond has to come up with some clever way of killing him (like shocking Oddjob in GF, using a magnet in TSWLM, cutting his lace in TLD).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A twist within the way they're presented to us is what I meant, no their function in the story.
    Kim kold!
  • Peter Stormare would be great as villain!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    A henchman and femme fatale are interesting options we haven't had a modern twist on yet.
    I thought Severine was quite femme fatale in style. Same for Vesper, too.
    Peter Stormare would be great as villain!

Yes, he would. I loved his role in 'Lockout' and '8MM.'

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I was thinking an Onatopp type femme fatale.
    The next one will be like Dark Knight Rises even more, in this one they gave Bond a Manor, a valet, and burned the Manor down and the Joker, or a Joker wannabe was the bad guy. Next is Bane wanna be, Stamper style.
  • Not to mention in Fargo! He also did a great role in the Swedish language film Hamilton where he played the Swedish military intelligence officer Karl Hamilton.
  • we need a villain that can kick bonds arse for once
    I am not sure about a Bane-style villain, because well, we had The Dark Knight Rises fairly recently (by the way anybody saw how strikingly similar the plot of the Batman movie was to TWINE?). That said, the idea about the physical appearance of Bane, not another bodybuilder but a circus strongman, would work beautifully for a Bond villain. I want Bond to go against a physically threatening adversary, but I don't want another Red Grant clone either.
  • JRRJRR
    JamesBond wrote:

There have been many books written in the past decades both prior and post World War II, James Bond being notably being a product from this era, but if you look back you will see that whilst Ian Fleming was writing his early novels following the birth of his legendary creation, other authors, like Robert Ludlum, who although a younger man at the time, still served during WWII as a United States Marine and had first hand knowledge of the darker side of life, and from this he created many very interesting espionage stories and characters of equal intrigue to James Bond.

Please try reading some of his original novels for example The Rhinemann Exchange (1974)The Ambler Warning (2005) or The Janson Directive (2002), just to mention a few; it may change the way you feel about his Jason Bourne creation….

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    @JRR, that is a thoughtful reply to a post that seems like the original poster (JamesBond) may not even care to try to expand his horizons regarding Bourne. I read two of the Bourne novels ages ago and enjoyed. I like Bourne and Bond separately; they don't merge for me and I don't hate Bourne. Other than the editing of QOS, I don't really see a true Bourne influence on Bond.

For an upcoming Bond villain (back on topic): I do want a really evil, menacing villain and one with a strong physical presence or strength would be welcome. We have had some weak looking villains for quite a while now. But again it could just be a memorable henchman like thelivingroyale said. And I don't need any particular "twist" to it - just get the right character and actor and let him really threaten Bond and Bond have a creative way to beat him/her anyway.
    honestly I never saw the bourne franchise not because I hate bourne but wasn't a fan of Damon hence why I now own and love Legacy due to Renner.
    The producers should just cast Kim Kold. The henchman of all henchmen.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 14,799
    @JRR, that is a thoughtful reply to a post that seems like the original poster (JamesBond) may not even care to try to expand his horizons regarding Bourne. I read two of the Bourne novels ages ago and enjoyed. I like Bourne and Bond separately; they don't merge for me and I don't hate Bourne. Other than the editing of QOS, I don't really see a true Bourne influence on Bond.

For an upcoming Bond villain (back on topic): I do want a really evil, menacing villain and one with a strong physical presence or strength would be welcome. We have had some weak looking villains for quite a while now. But again it could just be a memorable henchman like thelivingroyale said. And I don't need any particular "twist" to it - just get the right character and actor and let him really threaten Bond and Bond have a creative way to beat him/her anyway.

I used to have a Russian colleague, years ago, in the company I used to work, he was a technicial or something, and he was short(ish) and stocky, with a goatee. Maybe it was because he didn't like me, but I always thought he looked so darn nasty. I always thought his overall appearance would work beautifully for a Bond henchman. Not a tall, but nevertheless large man, always talking slowly, hesitantly, barely polite, as he could barely contain his irritation. Servile to his bosses, but always with that almost rude tone when he talked to anyone else. Watching Tom Hardy in interviews, I always thought about that guy.