Les Miserables

edited November 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 224
Do we have a page for this movie? (I know most people will not be interested in this movie in the slightest, but that's just a shame....)

Anyway, thought I'd get the ball running with this new AMAZING trailer:

Comments

• You've got my interest. Les Mis is my favourite musical. I have seen the stage version three times, have two full cast recordings and both Aniversary DVD / Blu-Ray. I am in love with the story and the music. I had hope for years that the musical version of the story would get the silver screen treatment, similar to the Phantom of the Opera. I'm very excited about the forthcoming movie and the trailer is fantastic.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Not News, so i've moved this to General Movies & TV.

---

Any film with Amanda Seyfried in gets onto my 'want to watch' list.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good idea @robboadam. I'm very curious about this film and is on my list to watch. I read the book many, many years ago but never saw the musical (although I know a few of the songs).
  • Not News, so i've moved this to General Movies & TV.

---

This is getting ridiculous. IT IS NEWS! There's a new trailer out, and considering pretty much EVERY major movie coming out (The Hobbit, Lincoln, Star Wars) has it's own page, I think this deserves its own page.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    robboadam wrote:

---

This is getting ridiculous. IT IS NEWS! There's a new trailer out, and considering pretty much EVERY major movie coming out (The Hobbit, Lincoln, Star Wars) has it's own page, I think this deserves its own page.

But it is not Bond related news. Which is why I moved from News to here.
  • robboadam wrote:

---

So get rid of all the pages for Star Wars and The Hobbit, then.
    robboadam wrote:
    robboadam wrote:

---

If you are talking about these threads:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/76/star-wars
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/472/peter-jacksons-the-hobbit/p3#Item_71

Then you'll see that they are in the Movies & TV section.
  • Lets not spoil this thread with getting into an argument with each other. Lets just discuss what a great story (Victor Hugo) and musical Les Mis is. I can't wait to see this movie. It looks epic with a stellar cast!
  • robboadam wrote:
    robboadam wrote:

---

If you are talking about these threads:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/76/star-wars
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/472/peter-jacksons-the-hobbit/p3#Item_71

Then you'll see that they are in the Movies & TV section.

Oops. Apologies. I thought you meant getting rid of the page. I still don't know my way around this site well enough haha.
    No worries. The mod team is always here for help if you need it.

I posted it in the Coming Soon thread, but seing as this is the Les Miserables thread, here's the Seyfried character poster:

600full-les-miserables-poster.jpg
  • No worries. The mod team is always here for help if you need it.

I posted it in the Coming Soon thread, but seing as this is the Les Miserables thread, here's the Seyfried character poster:

600full-les-miserables-poster.jpg

Great poster, she is beautiful.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have been looking all over for the novel so I can read it before I see the film, but I think I may have to read it after as the release is approaching and the novel itself is over 1,000 pages. Hopefully new prints release with the upcoming film hitting theaters, fingers crossed.

Anne Hathaway for the Oscar win, who's with me?! Her singing in the trailer makes my throat lump, and I know I will shed tears for this film.
    Amazing new trailer :D
    [url]<object width="450" height="302"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/65635"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/65635"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="302"></embed></object>[/url]
    "sigh" (facepalm) les miserables..... really, I mean great musical but really, why not a thread on the Alien Quadrilogy
  • A stunning trailer. I'm a little surprised that no CD release of the soundtrack is scheduled
    Sammm04 wrote:
    "sigh" (facepalm) les miserables..... really, I mean great musical but really, why not a thread on the Alien Quadrilogy

There's probably one, search for it. If there isn't, nothing stops you from creating a new thread about it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Man, Anne's singing really rips out my heart.

I NEED TO READ THIS NOVEL!!!
  • Sammm04 wrote:

There's a Prometheus thread, and knowing this site the Alien one would get closed and we'd all be redirected to the Prometheus one.
  • Sammm04 wrote:

Sigh - another troll. If you're not interested in this thread then don't comment and leave to those that have an interest in it.
  • Loving the new trailer, this is shaping up to be a great movie.
    Trailer looks superb. This is far and away my favourite musical so cannot wait. Oh yes, and Amanda Seyfried is fit.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 300
    LES-MISERABLES-Poster-Anne-Hathaway.jpg

les1.jpg

les_miserables_poster_russell_crowe.jpg

Great posters @TrueMiracle85
  • Thank you @Sandy
    I like the intimacy of the posters. It's like Anne and I are in a closet alone somewhere... :\">
    To think that in France, we have to wait until february to see this movie ! And I really don't know why. Beats me.

Anyway, I have every confidence that this movie is going to be great, given the cast. I know that Hugh Jackman can sing (saw him playing Curly in Oklahoma in London in 1998 (that's a lot of "ins"). Same for Anne Hathaway (seen her "Somebody to Love" in Ella Enchanted ?), and boy, did she reduce me to a wreck with her rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" (move over, Susan, that's the way to do it). Been a fan of Amada Seyfried since Mamma Mia (he best thing to come out of that movie. Worse was of course Pierce Brosnan's singing). And what I see confirms my opinion that Les Misérables will be a strong Oscar contender.
    Gerard wrote:
    To think that in France, we have to wait until february to see this movie ! And I really don't know why. Beats me.

You have to wait that long so see a film set in your country and based on your own country's historical events? That's absolutely ridiculous. Stupid decision by Universal.
  • Guys, I'm desperately trying to get my hands on premiere tickets for this movie. I've entered literally every competition, RTed many tweets 'in order to win', and more. I was incredibly lucky enough to go to the Skyfall premiere, and I remember someone there (who was in this forum) said that they've been to every Bond premiere since the 80s. When I asked him how he managed to get tickets for the premiere every single time, he said that he contacts the charity that the premiere is raising funds for, and they have some to give if you ask.

Does anyone here know anything about that? If it's true, how do I find out the charity for the Les Mis premiere?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    So, how many people watched the movie? Opinions? (and we Germans also had to wait until end of February to watch it on the big screen). I liked it, Tom Hooper did a great job adapting the musical to the movie screen, great stunning visuals, great work of Danny Cohen as DoP (he sure might be a worthy choice for a Bond movie). Anne hathaway clearly derved the Oscar for her role of Fantine. Her delivering of "I Dreamed a dream" sent shivers down the spine, fantastic. Jackman is also great. One has to get used to Russell Crowe's singing, but it improved and on javert's suicide he delivers.