From Russia With Love needs a new release!

edited November 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 8
I absolutely LOVED this game! I had it for PlayStation2, however after I sold my console I was left with no option to play the game. The original xbox version doesn't work on a 360 console and it hasn't been released on PC. The only possible option would be Gamecube which can be played on a Wii, but that would be pretty bad. I do wish that a company re-release it for the 360 or PS3 and even PC because it definitely deserves it!

Comments

• edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Not sure if you can get it on it's own but the Blu Rays are out this year and- oh you mean the game.

I really didn't like it because they butchered the film, like 007 Legends did this year with 6 other films.

But they really should release some old Bond games on xbox live and PSN. I'd love to play Goldeneye or Nightfire again.
  • I prefer a brand new story set in 1960s, non-activision game, starring Sean Connery as James Bond.
  • Game deserves a remake more than anything. Missions like destroy 20 cars before you can advance made me want to throw my controller through the TV.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    bondboy007 wrote:
    Missions like destroy 20 cars before you can advance

As if the 00 Agents had time to destroy 20 cars before the next objective. -.-
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    bondboy007 wrote:
    Missions like destroy 20 cars before you can advance

As if the 00 Agents had time to destroy 20 cars before the next objective. -.-

only in the Brozzer films ;) lol
  • It was fun, alright. But as already said really butchered the movie and it was kinda frustrating.

Still, I think it was a brave move and there was quite some love for detail.
    The level with killing Krilencu was quite awesome.
    Of course they totally lost their mind with the last level and there were many descisions that just killed the spirit of the game.

But I had some fun with it.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Not sure if you can get it on it's own but the Blu Rays are out this year and- oh you mean the game.

I really didn't like it because they butchered the film, like 007 Legends did this year with 6 other films.

But they really should release some old Bond games on xbox live and PSN. I'd love to play Goldeneye or Nightfire again.

that would've been nice for the 50th (from gaming standpoint) had they re-released some of the previous Bond titles for download on Xbox Live or PSN - kind of like how they released Resident Evil : Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4 for download... it would've been nice to be able to play Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing again...

but there is probably a ton of licensing issues as to why they can't though (considering that they are all EA games)
  • I would like to see From Russia With Love on the PS3 or the 360. Maybe they could do it in 2015 for a 10 year Anniversary.
  • I never got to play the game so I'd love a rerelease. I thought it looked great for an xbox game, but alas it doesnt work on 360
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It would be a miracle to even find this game anymore anyway. You can barely find games from 5 years ago.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    It would be a miracle to even find this game anymore anyway. You can barely find games from 5 years ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=from+russia+with+love&_sacat=1249&_from=R40

Oh around where I live, there are at least 2 great places called The Great Escape and McKay's which has TONS of old games, even dating back to DreamCast and Sega Genesis! Places like GameStop are unreliable, because they only have the newest of the new, or the somewhat recent. Every time I go to the two I already mentioned, I always see copies of games like NF, AUF, FRWL, GE:RA, etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=from+russia+with+love&_sacat=1249&_from=R40

Should have clarified, I meant in stores. :)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    00Beast wrote:

Oh around where I live, there are at least 2 great places called The Great Escape and McKay's which has TONS of old games, even dating back to DreamCast and Sega Genesis! Places like GameStop are unreliable, because they only have the newest of the new, or the somewhat recent. Every time I go to the two I already mentioned, I always see copies of games like NF, AUF, FRWL, GE:RA, etc.

There's a place like that near me, too, Media Madhouse. Dreamcast, Genesis, Atari, the friggin' Virtual Boy! They had a Virtual Boy! And no game there was over twenty bucks, from the newest stuff released to the oldest stuff anybody can find. And they repair consoles, sell them... that place was gaming heaven.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Should have clarified, I meant in stores. :)

The From Russia With Love i have, were copied from a DVD from a DVD and Game Renting store. US$ 5 bucks each DVD. lol