Simpsonized Bond Posters

edited November 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 55
Hey, everybody. Lifetime Bond fan, longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm surprised I haven't seen any reference here to the recent SIMPSONS Halloween special. Bart goes back in time to the 1970s, and to illustrate his journey, he travels through a slew of 007 movie posters! Here's an image I cut together (the only change I made is to cluster the posters closer together to squeeze them all into one picture, to use as my Facebook cover image).

simpsonsbond3.jpg

The Bond posters are one of my favorite elements of the films, so it was a lot of fun for me to see the SIMPSONS artists do their take. Aside from the first four being out of order, and the absence of LTK and TWINE, they did a great job! They even got Brosnan's evolving hairstyle right! Personally, I think their MR poster would have made a great real-life teaser. Simple, elegant, and iconic. The OP is definitely the funniest of the bunch (if you look at the real OP poster, Maud Adams is indeed toying with Roger's ear - but not giving him a wet willie!). What do you guys think?

Comments