Spectre wish list

Comments

Charlize Theron as a villain.

charlize-theron-bafta-a-life-in-pictures_3606303.jpg

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Craig having to deal with a proper femme fatale would be interesting. Someone like Xenia Onatopp or, even better, Fiona Volpe.
    I like Elfman for bond though...And I will now enjoy being Burned at the stake :D bring the marshmellows :D
    Risico007 wrote:
    I like Elfman for bond though...And I will now enjoy being Burned at the stake :D bring the marshmellows :D

Some of his work is... scary to think of.. but then he does something like The Wolfman and I'm blown away.

It'd be an interesting pick, and I'd give him a chance. Definitely couldn't be the worst score we've ever had... no one could manage worse than GE.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 501
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    0iker0 wrote:
    No Nolan please. I don't want Bond 24 to be remembered as Nolan's Bond. Or Nolan's trilogy if he does 3 films.
    I just want Zimmer, nowadays the best composer with Alberto Iglesias (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

This is actually from The Wolfman soundtrack and is not by Iglesias. It was used in both films though. It's by Danny Elfman. Look up the whole Wolfman soundtrack.. it's excellent.
    I really thought it was Iglesias'! He's still the films music's main composer, isn't he? Because the whole thing is amazing, I just caught the first one I heard it was from the film. Thanks for the info anyway!!!!
    I still think he's the best nowadays with Zimmer. Did you listen to the one i put from The Skin I Live In? It's amazing.
    Yes, the tune for 'The Skin I Live In' was very good. And yes, he was the main composer for TTSS, but I have yet to see the film. I just recognized the tune you posted.

But definitely check out Elfman's score for The Wolfman. The film isn't that great, but his score is immaculate.
  • FUN: Not OTT invisible cars, I mean BOND HAVING FUN: Buying a suit, playing Golf, ordering dinner, playing cards

A villain that is just 'there': no more apologising for lack of Cold War etc: go the TND route and just have a villain that USES a current threat / past motif but poses a threat in itself akin to a rogue state or small army under cover of industry

A scuba AND a ski scene, Craig style

Some more vocal / laugh work from Craig (he did it well in QOS and CR: films in which arguably Bond should have been more down than he was in Skyfall?!)

A proper Q scene YES with a sodding exploding pen et al: need not be an invisible car!

Use some more Fleming characters, even randomly: Phillip Masters? Ponsonby?

Have Bond in Russia? Iran?

Have a threat rooted in reality but nonetheless containing that with an escapist bent: a right wing fascist uprising? a nuclear deterrent gone wrong? SOMETHING THAT SHOWS US BOND ACTUALLY SAVING SOMETHING IMPORTANT: and it need NOT involve the whole world or a hollowed out volcano etc.

Holding a girl in his arms at the end: even Fleming gritty styled novels sometimes allow that!

Blofeld as head of QUANTUM.

Flat in King's Road, Chelsea, with housekeeper, the breakfast routine showed, a few relics on his mantlepiece a la FRWL /Indy 4?

Another name villain /director

Former Bond cameo: Dalton? Moore?

A 2015 release to give us all time to breathe! And so they can get it just PERFECT!

• Georgia Moffett
    Hattie Morahan
    Polly Walker
    Helen McCrory
    Naomi Rapace
    Sienna Miller
    Audrey Tatou
  • a proper bad bond girl like famke, or at least a naughty one like tiffany case
    jewel /drugs smuggling /international crime / gangsters
    a war against both organised anarchism and excesses of capitalist cabals who put 007's politics in jeopardy by giving it a bad name
    mass media / privacy issue like TND, but lower key
    007 in usa
    or dublin: shelbourne hotel
    classy uk: oxford / london savoy hotel / king's road etc
  • a faster, brutal pace a la thunderball
  • a faster, brutal pace a la thunderball

YES! I want Bond 24 to basically be a Thunderball re-make. Not literally, but in scale, tempo, and stylishness.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    My wishlist is, for the producers and John Logan to completely ignore the wishlists of fans. Jeez.
  • why does everyone now worship Logan so much??
  • just cos he has cool claws :)
    why does everyone now worship Logan so much??

I don't worship him but I'm aware of the fact he'll be writing Bond 24 and 25. So, understandably he plays an instrumental role in how the next 2 Bond film's turn out.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    why does everyone now worship Logan so much??

I don't worship him but I'm aware of the fact he'll be writing Bond 24 and 25. So, understandably he plays an instrumental role in how the next 2 Bond film's turn out.

I'm a fan because I like his other movies very much, and because he said that Bond should always fight Blofeld, and will probably bring him back.
    The only way i would want to see Blofeld return? Is as a very jumior member of Quantum who Bond is never aware of. And when DC's Bond hangs up his holster? Blofeld has slipped through the net. But he should be a henchman maybe? But? Not the main one so he remains off Bond's radar for obvious reasons.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,189
    RogueAgent wrote:
    The only way i would want to see Blofeld return? Is as a very jumior member of Quantum who Bond is never aware of. And when DC's Bond hangs up his holster? Blofeld has slipped through the net. But he should be a henchman maybe? But? Not the main one so he remains off Bond's radar for obvious reasons.

Dafuq did I just read?
  • The only morsel of hope for me at the moment is that unlike Campbell or Forster, who in his position gave flat out 'no's', Mendes has been far more coy, saying he'll return if the story is right. However, it does look increasingly likely that Sam won't be coming back. Part of me thinks that Martin Campbell should come back, but cosidering his track record since CR has been more miss than hit, it may be right to avoid him. Personally I think that since the appointment of Mendes the producers can't go back to hiring the journeymen directors of the Brosnan years, instead more seasoned filmmakers should be sourced out. I think Joe Wright should get the job, in fact Babs and Mike would be fools not to hire him. Firstly, he comes for a similar school of thought as Mendes, a homegrown filmmaking talent who concentrates on story and character. Secondly, he is renown for his stylish filmmaking, something that would go hand-in-hand with a Bond move. Thirdly, he's a huge Bond fan, when promoting Hanna he spoke out about his dream of making a Bond film on numerious occassions. The campaign for a Joe Wright Bond film begins today (Well...as long as Sam dosen't want the job)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    1) A rock Bond theme (Rush would be my first choice, maybe Slash).

2) Australia as the main location, Brazil and Ireland as other locations.

3) A big henchmen vs soldiers battle at the end, like in the Connery/Lazenby days.

4) Bond is given his mission and goes and does it. No more personal twists or trust issues, now they have everything set up for it I want a straight forward Bond film.

5) A gunbarrel at the start that is nothing like the QOS/SF one. Maybe bring back the Brosnan era one or even the old one.

6) A memorable hencman for Bond to fight ala Jaws, Dario, Oddjob, Necros, Tee Hee, etc. I wanted that from Patrice so I was a bit let down there.

7) Some cool new gadgets.

8) A new car.
    doubleoego wrote:
    My wishlist is, for the producers and John Logan to completely ignore the wishlists of fans. Jeez.

Why?

Why?

Because it would be judicious if they weren't respecters of persons. They should just plan and set out and stick to what they've started. They're not not going to please everyone. Many people here want to see Blofeld and on the flip side, many people here would just as soon, give up on the series if Blofeld did show up again.

RogueAgent wrote:

Dafuq did I just read?

What?
    Emily brett Rickards

I get a Natalya vibe from her.
  • doubleoego wrote:

Why?

Because it would be judicious if they weren't respecters of persons. They should just plan and set out and stick to what they've started. They're not not going to please everyone. Many people here want to see Blofeld and on the flip side, many people here would just as soon, give up on the series if Blofeld did show up again.

On the contrary, not only do I think many people would like to see Blofeld return, I'm confident that the producers have been building up toward a re-birth of Blofeld. They started Quantum, and have hired Logan who has said he thinks Bond should always fight Blofeld, which he should, like Batman and the Joker. It's just good business to bring Blofeld back because he is a captivating and classic character.
  • The public and media would be all over Blofeld returning. I think it'd only be people on sites like this who really wouldn't like it.

I'd like Blofeld back myself but I'm not holding out hope for it happening anytime soon.
  • Now that skyfall has changed everything.....

More of M's new office, let's get back to the traditional way of portraying the boss
    Keeping that 60's feel it's going to get more difficult to do
    Some underwater scenes
    Felix
    more Thomas Newman, not enough praise for skyfall
    Keep the run time 2 hours +
    SAM MENDES
  • OwenDavian wrote:
    Not expecting any of these things but here goes:

Traditional gunbarrel at the start.
    "Shaken not stirred"
    Bond with the main Bond girl at the end
    Ski chase or snow related action scene :)
    Return of a new model Aston Martin
    Q assisting Bond in the field
    More gadgets

Same here!!!
  • Clive Owen as Bond, Charlize Theron as the main villain (like Malprave in AUF video game), Omega Seamaster Wristwatch, Bond wearing tuxedo in the finale, Dozens of Martinis, Classic Gadgets, Let the old DB5 that was destroyed in Skyfall to be repaired, give Bond another car which will be Aston Martin Vanquish 2013, and please set up a McGuffin for the plot. Dozens of jokes cracked by 007. Anne Hathaway as the main Bond Girl. Richard Roxburgh as Theron's henchman. Classic Gadgets. Austin Powers style spy soundtrack.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesBond wrote:
    Clive Owen as Bond, Charlize Theron as the main villain (like Malprave in AUF video game), Omega Seamaster Wristwatch, Bond wearing tuxedo in the finale, Dozens of Martinis, Classic Gadgets, Let the old DB5 that was destroyed in Skyfall to be repaired, give Bond another car which will be Aston Martin Vanquish 2013, and please set up a McGuffin for the plot. Dozens of jokes cracked by 007. Anne Hathaway as the main Bond Girl. Richard Roxburgh as Theron's henchman. Classic Gadgets. Austin Powers style spy soundtrack.

Clive Owen as Bond? There's some joking here, no?
  • Here's one: at the end, Bond wins and gets the girl. We haven't had that for a while.