Screen writers you would like to see involved in Bond

oo7oo7
edited November 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,068
Who would you like to see get a shot at a run on the Bond series and why?

Comments

• It's a bit cliche and I dont really want to say it as they are linked to everything but I would like both Nolan's having a go.

I think their script would be better suited to a reboot though.

Before SF I would have said John Logan and I got my wish with him. Brilliant writer.

Also was thinking last night that Mathew vaughn and Jane Goldman could probably come up with something good.

Have we ever had a female screen writer on a bond film??
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    There are two guys called Purves and Wade who have got a lot of experience of writing big Hollywood acton thrillers and I hear they are looking for work at the moment.

For anyone thinking of hiring them I suggest you check out a little film called DAD as it really shows off their taut, suspenseful scriptwriting talent at its best.
  • There are two guys called Purves and Wade who have got a lot of experience of writing big Hollywood acton thrillers and I hear they are looking for work at the moment.

For anyone thinking of hiring them I suggest you check out a little film called DAD as it really shows off their taut, suspenseful scriptwriting talent at its best.

Ha Ha Ha

I'm still refusing to believe they had ANYTHING to do with CR!

I believe that they wrote the title & then got stuck and handed it to Paul Haggis

• The two guys who wrote Sherlock and doctor who, I forget their names, but maybe they could have a go?

The Nolans, Edgar Wright, the Coen brothers could all write a good one too.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The two guys who wrote Sherlock and doctor who, I forget their names, but maybe they could have a go?

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss. Yes, they'd be good.
  • Alan Moore, but he would probably turn it down.

Peter Morgan
    Darren Aronofsky (Be interested to see where he takes a character like this)
    Tony Gilroy
    Ben Affleck/Matt Damon
    Brad Bird

And of course, Tarantino and Nolan Bros.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Yes - Joanna Harwood, on Dr No and From Russia With Love

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    royale65 wrote:

Yes - Joanna Harwood, on Dr No and From Russia With Love

And Dana Stephens, uncredited, on TWINE.
  • I fear the producers pass over anyone too suited for Bond. To me, Kill Bill Vol 1 captures all the excitement I need from a Bond film, not saying you'd have animated stuff in a Bond, but I love the sheer energy of it. They'd never hire Tarantino, they passed on Matthew Vaughan, who has gone onto great things, passed on Stephen Frears who admittedly is a bit patchy.

They always go for a director who is not known for action are, save Campbell of course. To be fair, SF is something other than non-stop action, though it is often non-stop talk and exposition.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Danny Boyle but he is a bit superficial in a way, a bit stylised. After seeing the first Sherlock Holmes I wouldn't mind Guy Ritchie, but after seeing the second one, nah, it would be a bit OTT, like Octopussy.

Still wouldn't mind the Hurt Locker director.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I'm still refusing to believe they had ANYTHING to do with CR!

I believe that they wrote the title & then got stuck and handed it to Paul Haggis

Unfortunately (for many on here, it seems), that's nonsense. Purvis and Wade have written the first few drafts - or at least the first and structured much of the plot - of every Bond film they've worked on, as far as I know. Much credit must go their way (as it should to Haggis) for how good CR's screenplay therefore was. Same may be said of Skyfall when the dust settles too.

And I'm with @karatemanchan37 when it comes to Peter Morgan. Wouldn't mind seeing him further involved in Bond. Believe he added some pivotal contributions to Skyfall's story and script in the early-ish stages.

@Samuel001, for the strength of plotting, dialogue and overall writing he's lended to both Doctor Who and Sherlock, Steven Moffat certainly isn't a bad shout either...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2012 Posts: 4,447
    Hossein Amini
    Hossein Amini with Michael Schiffer

The trailer of The Four Feathers (Written by Hossein Amini and Michael Schiffer ) showing humor/ whyle Shangai (Written by Hossein Amini) showing gritty. Michael Schiffer is a thriller writer.

Mabey John Logan should write a movie with Hossein Amini, directed by Shekhar Kapur ( The Four Feathers ) Sam Mendes (Skyfall) or Roger Spottiswoode (Tomorrow Never Dies)
  • How about Wes Anderson does a Bond movie? With someone kooky as Zoe Deschanel as a Bond Girl. Then we can have lots of panning shots, front facing character shots, obscure indie music and overuse of the font Futura.

In seriousness, I saw the remake of Total Recall and whilst it's not the smartest film around, the action is well paced and visually quite exciting, so I'd like to throw Len Wiseman's name into the hat.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    1.Damon Lindelof
    2.Chris Terrio
    3.Ben Affleck
    4.Wes Anderson
    - Martin McDonagh
    - Peter Straughan
    - Steven Zaillian