DC denies 2 part Bond films

edited November 2012 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 69
Daniel Craig has been quick to stamp out any two part ideas for the next two films. Here be the link!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173429-daniel-craig-denies-future-two-part-bond-films

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    There may only be a slight link between the two films. I don't expect Craig to confirm the news anyway.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Didn't put much stock into this from the get-go. Even if a genuine two part could be done, it's still way too soon since the CR/QOS arc to think about such a notion.
  • "And if I'm able I'll do the one after that" ?

I thought Craig was contracted for at least 2 films after Skyfall?
    "And if I'm able I'll do the one after that" ?

I thought Craig was contracted for at least 2 films after Skyfall?

He takes them on at a time. He is contracted for 2 though.
  • Pretty sure he will do two. Hope so anyway.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    As far as I'm aware, DC was contracted for 4 films (Bond 24 fulfilling that contract) with the option for more if mutually agreed.
    Like he said - it can't and won't be done.
    Shot back to back? Of course not, that was never on the cards.

I do believe Logan will write the next two films though with both sharing an arc. Who wouldn't? It's been confirmed by those in the know.
  • Yeah apparantly he has told the "Bond Family" his ideas for the next two and they are all very keen to go down that route.

I couldnt imagine him writing two back to back yet alone them filming them back to back.

Plus it was only a couple of years ago since all the finacial trouble. Couldnt imagine Sony suddenly putting up the cash for two films
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It's impossible to do a two parter, I heard that someone was talking about that we're doing a two parter, but that's the first I've heard about it. We can only do them one at a time, they take six months to shoot

Strange that. You can do a two parter of course (CR and QoS), but maybe Craig is reacting to the idea of shooting them together, back to back.
    Craig misunderstood the question. He is talking about shooting back to back, while the question was about a two movie story ark.
    Lets be honest, it is far too early to confirm anything and they wouldn't anyway.