Mr White in SKYFALL

edited October 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 79
Wouldn't it have been nice for us Bond continuity freaks to have one or two scenes showing White watching the proceedings of Skyfall? Afterall they have people 'everywhere'.......

QUANTUM WILL RETURN

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    no not really... not for me... i'm glad they made SF it's own thing - because then all the Bond trilogy freaks would come out of the wood work, like they did while SF was in preproduction.
    Skyfall is great just the way it is. And that's coming from someone who wants Me White and Quantum back!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    There's enough in this film to please us, Bond fans. I like the fact that we don't connect it too obviously to the previous two films.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,619
    I loved Mr. White in CR but after QOS I don't really want to see him ever again.
  • oo7oo7
    I wonder why they didnt try to in some way connect silva to quantum, as he knew the mi6 operating system it would seem ideal to explain why mi6 knew nothing of them.
    prehaps further investigation shall yield silvas connection to a larger picture.. role on bond 24
  • RC7RC7
    oo7 wrote:
    I wonder why they didnt try to in some way connect silva to quantum, as he knew the mi6 operating system it would seem ideal to explain why mi6 knew nothing of them.
    prehaps further investigation shall yield silvas connection to a larger picture.. role on bond 24

Because, as has been pointed out numerous times on this forum, Bond fans aside Quantum mean sweet FA. The main character associated with the organisation is Dominic Greene, one of the most forgettable villains of the series. They don't have the same aura as SPECTRE. They'd need to really up their game to re-establish Quantum. I mean what does it even mean? Nothing. Lazily spun off a title. The acronym SPECTRE is superb.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:
    Because, as has been pointed out numerous times on this forum, Bond fans aside Quantum mean sweet FA. The main character associated with the organisation is Dominic Greene, one of the most forgettable villains of the series. They don't have the same aura as SPECTRE. They'd need to really up their game to re-establish Quantum. I mean what does it even mean? Nothing. Lazily spun off a title. The acronym SPECTRE is superb.

Pretty much on the money. Outside of here no one would ever notice if Quantum never appeared again and even here I think there would likely be a fair percentage who wouldnt mourn its passing.

Unless it came back with a serious villain running it and an extremely dastardly scheme then frankly I wouldnt miss it either.

I wouldnt mind Logans two story arc starting with an approximation of Gardners Role of Honour, a straightforward Bond film with Bond foiling a Quantum plan and then the second film being a version of Nobody Lives Forever with the head of Quantum sponsoring a hunt for James Bonds head. They could also involve the new Moneypenny in the kidnap plot which I'm sure they would love to do given Judi is gone and the fact Eve has already been out in the field.
    It would be nice to see May after 50 years as well. They could introduce her in the first one and then have her kidnapped in the second - although I fear that would appear rather contrived. Maybe drop the kindap angle altogether and just have Quantum wanting Bonds head?
  • I'd like to see Quantum reintroduced. The set-up in CR was similar to the set-up in Dr. No for SPECTRE. The issue was that they didn't continue to unveil the organization as well as they did with SPECTRE. People claiming SPECTRE as the be all and end all of evil organizations in the Bond universe need to reevaluate the end of SPECTRE. It was all so brilliantly set up through TB, but YOLT and DAF were some pretty poor movies IMO. It's not like one average movie (what QoS is in my eyes) should be able to completely ruin bringing that organization back.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Quantum will be back I'm sure. Mr White? Not needed. And certainly not by the same actor.
  • O6GO6G
    I was hoping to see Silva connected to quantum, and possibly get an end to the whole thing. And then move on from it.. Hopefully we will get a closure to it and get some oldschool villians that want to take over the world again, like in the old days. One can only hope :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,497
    I didn't hope for Silva to be connected to Quantum. With Logan returning and possible back to back movies, I can safely say that Quantum should be big enough for both.
    I loved Mr. White and I really, really want to see him in "Bond 24" but the connection with "Skyfall" was expendable.
    I didn't necessarily care for Mr. White but I really hope Quantum is a part of the next movie. I doubt the organization died with Green.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    As JamesCraig already stated, if Mr White returns in Bond 24 or 25, he would most certainly not be played by Jesper Christensen after his comments on CR and QOS...
    As JamesCraig already stated, if Mr White returns in Bond 24 or 25, he would most certainly not be played by Jesper Christensen after his comments on CR and QOS...
    He can always change his mind :) He was great as White.

Librarian wrote:
    He can always change his mind :) He was great as White.

For the millionth time, he came out and said he was misquoted. He essentially said the same thing about Quantum Craig's been saying in recent interviews. He can come back.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like they're going round in circles @JWESTBROOK!

First: http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=8330

Second: http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=8336&t=mi6&s

Hopefully the last time I post these articles.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Thanks again, Sam.

C L O S E D
This discussion has been closed.