Bond's face when... (Spoilers)

edited October 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 233
Bond's face when Silva blew up the DB5 was priceless, he was pissed. I just thought "Now you've done it you b*stard."

Comments

• Sorry Martin, My forum etiquette went out of the window. I just really want answers to my questions!
  • I was half exepecting an, "Aw, hell naw!"
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Who fitted his machine guns and ejector seat? How did M know about the red button? Technically at the end of Skyfall we are just before Dr.No. I forgive Michael G but I'd like to give Babs a spanking for this continuity gaffe.

that makes no sense Skyfall being right before Dr. No, because...

- Bond uses a P99 in CR, and a PPK in QOS and SF.... in the beginning of DN, he gets his trusty Beretta replaced by the PPK..

- Bond wins the DB5 in CR, and then uses it in SF.. but back in GF he clearly makes mention of driving a Bentley before Q tells him he'll be driving the Aston instead from now on..

- Bond's first meeting of Felix Leiter was in CR at the Poker Game... he later runs into him again in QOS... but in DN, he had never met Felix - saying to M in his briefing, "I've heard of him, but never met him."

so technically nothing lol - those previous 20 films have no direct connection with Craig's Bond films in any sort of continuity, whether it's before DN or after DAD - the ties were cut and they've started anew with CR..
    I was expecting a wisecrack. Then I remembered this is Craig's Bond. Not Moore's or Brosnan's. Still....five seconds and nothing.
  • Who fitted his machine guns and ejector seat? How did M know about the red button? Technically at the end of Skyfall we are just before Dr.No. I forgive Michael G but I'd like to give Babs a spanking for this continuity gaffe.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Who fitted his machine guns and ejector seat? How did M know about the red button? Technically at the end of Skyfall we are just before Dr.No. I forgive Michael G but I'd like to give Babs a spanking for this continuity gaffe.

the DB5 thread is for discussion about the car itself ;)

BoT: I liked it. Just like he "threatened" to eject M because she complained about it. I can see a man in Bond's line of work enjoying maintaining a vintage car, having one myself it helps putting away your thoughs. I like how his expression is like, "Really, my car? my ancestral home OK, but the car?".
  • Who fitted his machine guns and ejector seat? How did M know about the red button? Technically at the end of Skyfall we are just before Dr.No. I forgive Michael G but I'd like to give Babs a spanking for this continuity gaffe.
    Not really, it's a common misunderstanding that people view the Craig films as prequels, which they're not. It's a reboot, which means it's on a completely different timeline and anything that occurred in the first 20 films doesn't really exist.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Well said, Battleship.

Too bad btw that a fully restored DB5 is one of the most expensive classic cars. :(
  • I was suprised when that happened because it was in the script for the never made 3rd Dalton film.

I think Bond should drive a jag next.
    I was suprised when that happened because it was in the script for the never made 3rd Dalton film.

I think Bond should drive a jag next.

Do you not think they'll find some way of bringing it back in? They seemed to go out of their way to show that it wasn't actually blown to smithereens (although I will concede, it would need more than a spot of touch-up spray) and I took this to mean that it will re-appear.

• They won't bring it back. It was symbolic of Bond's past (and the franchises) that it is finished with. Skyfall was a clever reboot to fit DC'S age.

I did like his reaction to his motor being shot to hell. It was a deliberate pause in the action to impress on us the symbolism of bonds past gone.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Well, there was a "one final appearance" planned for the DB5 in Dalton's third outing...

But I hope he stays with AM. Maybe he has another DB5?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bond's house is being torn up and yet it's only when his car gets bombed that he gets super pissed :-D
  • BenBen
    doubleoego wrote:
    Bond's house is being torn up and yet it's only when his car gets bombed that he gets super pissed :-D

Well, he 'Never liked this place anyway' ;)