Action Movies Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love how they come out and state that they had no intention of making a third because they wouldn't be able to get a good enough story, but nope, the money flows in and they demand a third.

They should have just left it with the first film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    At least they aren't trying to con us. They are greedy arses, and they have let that be known. I guess you have to respect them for not pissing on us and then saying it's raining.
    I still need to see Taken 2
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Let me guess, Taken 3 will be a reboot. Follow a younger greener and raw Bryan Mills as he undertakes his first mission. It's going to be grittier and so much darker than before, that you'll need a search blaster to watch the film.

Sounds familliar. ;))
  • I'm only going to see it if it's an 18 again.
    I would assume Neeson is not taking part then?
    I think the only thing they can do now (that's going to be different in the slightest) is going after his team when they are 'taken' on a mission or something. I don't know. There's only so much they can do before it gets outlandish.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think the only thing they can do now (that's going to be different in the slightest) is going after his team when they are 'taken' on a mission or something. I don't know. There's only so much they can do before it gets outlandish.
    Or Take Lenore's husband/boyfriend from Taken 1.
    They could, but it wouldn't be as big a sense of worry - or a hope of vengeance - than it is when Mills tries to retrieve Kim or Lenore. Regarding her husband:

I didn't follow it as well as I had hoped to, but I'm under the impression that he has left her in the second one, and that's why Bryan takes them on vacation with him to Istanbul.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,745
    New international poster (which is the best thing I've ever seen) and new trailer:

agooddaytodiehardposter.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96376
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 268
    what a terrible terrible poster.
    trailer was so so.
    this could go either way, as long as its not as bad as the last one.
    obin_gam wrote:
    what a terrible terrible poster.
    trailer was so so.
    this could go either way, as long as its not as bad as the last one.

I agree the picture isn't so great, but I love the line.

And the trailer teased.. for a minute.5 trailer, it did it's job. The first trailer was indeed better though.
    Great trailer! Poster did make me laugh!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yippie Kay Yay Mother R*ssia.
  • Yippie Kay Yay Mother R*ssia.
    No need for that kind of language on these forums, Agent007391. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yippie Kay Yay Mother R*ssia.
    No need for that kind of language on these forums, Agent007391. ;)

I couldn't help myself. ;)
    edited October 2012 Posts: 40,372
    The poster is incredibly bland. Neat little tagline, but I don't need a blowup of McClane's face for the rest of the series' posters.

As for the trailer: looks fun, I'll see it, but I miss the old 'Die Hard' films, when McClane was human. All of this stuff just makes him look like a superhero.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah what ever happened to Moore's insistence that the action scenes would be more grounded and less outlandish? This looks more unrealistic than the fourth film, and that's saying something.
    Yeah what ever happened to Moore's insistence that the action scenes would be more grounded and less outlandish? This looks more unrealistic than the fourth film, and that's saying something.

What?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

What?

The director? John Moore?

What?

The director? John Moore?

Oh! I honestly thought you meant Roger Moore.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,767
    The unrealistic scenes were the only thing the fourth film had going in its favor.
    How realistic is it that the same one guy gets into a situation similar to that at the Nakatomi tower twice, let alone more often?

Now to something completely different:
    Have a look at this young promising upstart:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96381
    arnold-10.jpg
  • I love this new trailer and the poster. The trailer really gives a Die Hard 1 vibe: McClane uncomfortable on a plane, questioned in a cab, etc.

The poster has an awesome tag line. Also, fits in well with the rest of the series:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7e/Die_hard.jpg/220px-Die_hard.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2c/Die_Hard_2.jpg/220px-Die_Hard_2.jpg
    http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/30/A70-15496
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9n5e8hSnB1qae4oc.jpg

New:
    http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/10/die-hard-5-poster.jpg

I'm so sick of seeing the 4.0 one (been on every Die Hard related article since 2007, used at the trade show to advertise this one, and more), so it's also nice to have a new image,
    Christopher McQuarrie, director of Valkyrie and the upcoming All You Need Is Kill is rumored to be the attached director as Mission Impossible V begins pre-production.

Having worked with Cruise on previous films, and their current project in All You Need Is Kill, he is a favorite to direct MI:V for Cruise and Abrams. Expect an official announcement and the start of pre-production when the team decides on writers.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97021
    Damn, I was hoping for Brad Bird. How much more can they do to MI? Let's just hope the much needed Luther is there at least.
    Damn, I was hoping for Brad Bird. How much more can they do to MI? Let's just hope the much needed Luther is there at least.

Yes. Luther. Syndicate. Giacchino for the score. AND no silly 'replacement' actors this time. Just Hunt.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Yes. Luther. Syndicate. Giacchino for the score. AND no silly 'replacement' actors this time. Just Hunt.

What do you mean "replacement" actors?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Someone to replace Cruise/Hunt in the series. Like Renner was meant to be.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Someone to replace Cruise/Hunt in the series. Like Renner was meant to be.
    No, that was a stupid rumor. I see what you mean though.
    I wouldn't mind Renner returning, but I want Hunt front and center. And please...bring Luther back.

"Punk put a hole in my Versace. Oh, I'm mad now."