Evil Dead

oo7oo7
edited October 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,068
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceBXUyuv4Q0?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceBXUyuv4Q0?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comments

Wow! I had no idea that they were even making a remake? Loved the originals, the gore and humour were brilliant!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's out on the 12th April.
  • I heard there was no 'Ash' and I also heard that Ash was in it, but a girl this time. Anyone know for sure which is true?

BTW I heard Bruce Campbell saw the movie and loved it, so that's a good sign
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 268
    I'm a huge fan of the movies and the trailer for this really sold me that its gonna be a fun and scary ride :)
    I heard there was no 'Ash' and I also heard that Ash was in it, but a girl this time. Anyone know for sure which is true?

Both are true, in a way. They actually have a really cool reason for it, the characters names are:
    David, Eric, Mia (thats our lead and "female Ash"), Olivia, Natalie.

Now, lay out the first letter of each name and what do you get? ;)
  • Looks good, fan of the original.
    Red band trailer is here!

groovy
  • tqbtqb
    haha can't wait
  • An Evil Dead thread of all things

I saw the first in what must of been 30 years ago or more, and it truly was a repulsive, nasty piece of film what I can remember, not a nice viewing experience. Didn't go to see the second, although have seen it, and despite all this, not really a fan of the series. And now they're making another sequel ? Must be at least 20 years since the last release? We may even go for a watch but you know how sequels be, not quite living up to the originals or best..

Goodnight
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'm a fan of the Evil Dead movies. While the first is really the only true horror movie the second, and more so Army of Darkness, are better.
    This new remake of the first looks awesome but I'm not sure about making the hero a woman. I liked how the orginals had a man, in a horror movie, as the sole survivor. Most scary movies have women in the survivor role.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    No Ash, no Evil Dead.
  • No Ash, no Evil Dead.
    But did you really want them to recast Ash? It's better that he's just not there (since it's a reboot and not Evil Dead 4)

I wasn't really on board until I saw the trailer- that looks intense!!!

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Agreed. No one is Ash but Bruce 'Don't Call Me Ash' Cambell.
    Why oh why anther remake that is bound the suck. :-@
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    They should have made this instead:

a420f5f2-987f-43b6-ad08-9c1d7c0ea9f5.jpg
  • Another remake I won't be seeing. Just like Red Dawn and Robocop.