Is David Walliams having a laugh?

edited October 2012 in News Posts: 53

What is the media’s seeming obsession with ‘self-professed Bond fan’ David Walliams? He crops up everywhere, even putting in an appearance at the Christie’s Bond auction a week or so ago. Bond fans have every right to expect presenters of Bond-related events to have a fair degree of 007 knowledge, but Walliams is much more starry-eyed about Bond than knowledgeable. Moreover, the man’s ego is such that he genuinely thinks he’d make a good cinematic Bond. Perhaps better not to pursue the reasons why he hasn’t a snowball’s hope in hell of achieving that goal … If only he’d work at trying to be a half-decent ‘comedian’ …

Comments

• The answer to you question is that he is having a laugh, and fair play to him. So he wants to be Bond, don't we all? In any event he clearly isn't being serious. He's not everyone's cup of tea but he's got just as much right to be a Bond fan and he's taking the Bond themed opportunities that come his way. And he'll never be Bond... because he's a lady!!!!
  • myworldisenough says: "And he'll never be Bond... because he's a lady!!!!"
    Yes, but does his wife (Lara Stone) know???
  • myworldisenough says: "And he'll never be Bond... because he's a lady!!!!"
    Yes, but does his wife (Lara Stone) know???

When she catches him wearing her dresses perhaps? ;)
    He's unashamedly a Bond fanatic, he makes it credible for us mere mortals to admit it too........and he put his hand in his pocket and contributed to the John Barry Memorial concert last year (he was named in the programme as a key sponsor of it)

Fair play to him, he's getting to stand and talk to people in a position I can only envy but admire!
    I have no problems stating i am a Bond fan! I am loud and proud of it like David Walliams! Good on him i say!
  • Little Britain was funny, Come Fly With Me wasn't bad.

I don't think his public image of "oooh look at me I'm soooo camp" is funny.

But he can be a Bond fan if he wants to!
  • He was one of the presenters at the Skyfall Royal World Premiere.
  • He was one of the presenters at the Skyfall Royal World Premiere.

He was and did a good job at interviewing the stars.