Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Skyfall is number 2 in the UK now.

Is that it, have we blown our chance of the first ever UK number 1? Drat!

I thought it was on the first spot before my homecountrys " pride " Swedish House Mafia putted her down to place number 2?
  • I have enjoyed the song, I even downloaded it on Itunes, I think it is one of the better recent songs.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,119
    Germanlady wrote:

I have a serious bla bla-feeling after reading that article hehe. The British could turn around the title, shake the headlines a bit a la Elliot Carver, into 'Adele manages to become most succesful Bond song' or 'Adele equals Duran Duran'. >:D<

Funny though, The Netherlands love 'Britishness' slightly more than the Brits themselves. Sheena Easton got the famous nr.1 spot in Holland in 1981. And Gladys Knight came 2nd with 'Licence To Kill'. Adele IS nr.1 in The Netherlands:

• edited October 2012 Posts: 58
    This was on the home page of Billboard. People are voting for their favorite new single, and Skyfall is winning. Obviously it's very well liked. It's selling extremely well and people are liking it, I don't know why the radio stations are so reluctant to play it.

http://www.billboard.com/features/adele-bruno-mars-kelly-clarkson-whose-new-1007978602.story#/features/adele-bruno-mars-kelly-clarkson-whose-new-1007978602.story
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Last night my Music in Film Professor touched on the themes on Bond (and I had to correct him about how many films there were to no avail), and he played SKYFALL!!! I was so angered, I shoved my fingers in my ears and tried to cut off all the noise I could. He only played a bit of it, and I didn't hear anything I can recall back. I was in a fit of anger afterwards all night.
    Last night my Music in Film Professor touched on the themes on Bond (and I had to correct him about how many films there were to no avail), and he played SKYFALL!!! I was so angered, I shoved my fingers in my ears and tried to cut off all the noise I could. He only played a bit of it, and I didn't hear anything I can recall back. I was in a fit of anger afterwards all night.

Why the anger, the man played Bondmusic after all. ;)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:

Why the anger, the man played Bondmusic after all. ;)
    This isn't a class full of Bond fans though. Mostly texting, ignorant fools who have no care for the classic films we are going over (Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Psycho, Ben Hur), and instead just want to chit chat and gossip. I love the class, but it is near impossible to have an intelligent conversation with many near me, so if there were others that loved film to death in there I would be more comfortable and tame. Anyway, I wanted to save Skyfall for my first viewing of the film, and the opposition came as a surprise and I tried my best to combat it. Rant over.
  • Sorry i have not read all the pages on this topic but is there not a music video for this song?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    In the UK the song is down three, to number 5.

Our last shot at number 1 is next weekend, if that...

Equaling A View To A Kill is a great but I really thought this year would be the year. Will Bond ever be number one? This may have been our only proper chance.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:

Equaling A View To A Kill is a great but I really thought this year would be the year. Will Bond ever be number one? This may have been our only proper chance.

It might still have a chance next week, many people might buy it after they watch the film!
  • Samuel001 wrote:

I think we might have a chance next weekend when the film comes out.

I don't think it'll be our only chance. Bond has lived 50 years, so he'll probably live for many more and I'm sure at some point they'll get a singer or band popular enough to be in with a chance of getting no 1.
    Samuel001 wrote:

So, in Holland Adele is still on Nr. 1 after three weeks :P. Leaves me with the following question: The best Bond fans live in Holland not the United Kingdom :-P?
    Great song...in the classic Bond tradition
  • Still waiting for the music video
  • Is it still to late for a music video...premiere was today.
    So, in Holland Adele is still on Nr. 1 after three weeks :P. Leaves me with the following question: The best Bond fans live in Holland not the United Kingdom :-P?
    How about: quality isn't appreciated anymore in the UK? :) Two words: Gangnam Style.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    adelefan wrote:
    Is it still to late for a music video...premiere was today.

I would say so but if we want to hold onto hope, there could always be something on the DVD release (in March).
  • RC7RC7
    I apologise profusely but I secretly want to ruin your day...

• Adele drops 2 spots in France to number 5 after being at number 3 for 2 weeks....

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/singles.php
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:

You owe me for a new laptop as I have just slung mine out of the window on seeing that.
  • RC7RC7
    You owe me for a new laptop as I have just slung mine out of the window on seeing that.

:D
  • RC7 wrote:

:-L Horrible. Am I the only one that thinks they look like a couple of corpses?
    Why is there no video for the Adele song?
    Don't know how these buffoons DARE cover any track let alone an ADELE BOND NUMBER! :-q

That was the most disgusting piece of music I have ever heard! Next door's dog started howling! Just imagine if Jedward are announced as the next recording artist? I would personally disown the franchise!
    Am I the only one to think Adele's song sucks ?
    I waited the film to discover it, and I'm so disappointed. What the use of having a nice voice if you use it to sing such dumb lyrics on such a poor music ? Seriously, this is the dullest song for a James Bond film I've ever heard. Give me Jack White back any time. I'm even ready to settle for another Lulu song.
    I love Adele's song even more since i saw the brilliant opening title sequence...

By the way, on the 'Magic' music channel at 4.30pm today, 'James Bond - the Magic Collection'...playing thier top 10 Bond themes..
  • I really like Adele's song. And with the opening credits I like it even more. Has a bit of a YOLT vibe to it which is great.....
  • For those who've seen the movie, is the song you get in the title sequence the same as the one that got released on iTunes, or is it a diffrent recording of the same song. I only ask because in CR, the recording of 'You Know My Name' in the film, and the single version are very different...