'What is your hobby?' Thread

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited October 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,635
Tell us of your hobbies and things you do in your day when you're not making anything important. :)

My everyday hobby is papercrafting. I know it may be childish, but it's kinda fun to create miniatures in paper models of things in life you like the most. My area is the Car papercrafting and at the moment i'm creating in Photoshop CS6 a Chevrolet Nomad 2013, with the lines and remindscence of the 1957 Nomad with the Modernism and exoticism of the Camaro 2009.
Other hobbies that i do are also enjoy to Play some hours in online games such as 007 Nightfire, Command & Conquer: Renegade and Counter Strike 1.6. I costumed to play Minecraft, but i got bored of it for some time since then.
And I also, as you guys know, record the footages for my Bond fan movies.

When you're not at work. When you're away from your family. When you ARE with your family. What is your hobby? What do you do at the day to enjoy it and have some personal fun?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I make stuff I want to have but isn't available, or I take stuff that is available, & make it more accurate.
    This is a from-scratch Firefox:
    firefox3005.jpg

A scratch Trek VI Phaser (in progress) held by my LIS Robot model:
    SANY5405.jpg

A repainted Art Asylum Enterprise:
    SANY4805.jpg

An Armageddon shuttle based on a Revell model heavily modified:
    SANY4681.jpg

A Galactica diorama:
    tweakeddisplay015.jpg

An accurized Corgi TLD car:
    Colonialcostumeupgrade019.jpg

And... a semi-accurized PPK BB gun:
    SANY6132_zpsb5d1a8dc.jpg

Well... you asked! ;;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    chrisisall wrote:
    I make stuff I want to have but isn't available, or I take stuff that is available, & make it more accurate.
    firefox3005.jpg

SANY6132_zpsb5d1a8dc.jpg

Well... you asked! ;;)

Great ones! :D Congratz, you made a nice job. That paint of the Aston Martin, You customized it?
    The general paint job, no. But it was missing rear view mirrors in the cab & on the sides, and no colour to the turn signals or brake lights. Simple stuff, but it made the car look so much nicer.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    chrisisall wrote:
    The general paint job, no. But it was missing rear view mirrors in the cab & on the sides, and no colour to the turn signals or brake lights. Simple stuff, but it made the car look so much nicer.

Good job, it turned out to be a great miniature :)
    Thanks!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    To keep myself busy I make both hand drawn art and graphic art. I post all the art I do here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3050/0bradym0bondfanatic7s-art-thread/p8#Item_216

Every now and then I do some espionage fiction. I haven't done much in a while, but am trying to get back on it, just need to think of a good plot to invest time in. All I have done in the past are a few very short stories (20 pages or so mostly), but if I get some creative spark and get a new one written up, I will post it on here and hopefully get some feedback.
    Creativity is the spark of the soul!
    But in my case I just want cool stuff.
  • My hobby is writing fiction, mainly thrillers and crime. I have started several projects but none are yet finished! My most complete work is an ongoing project that I hope one day could get published. Another hobby of mine is collecting James Bond memorabilia. I have hundreds of items and am running out of space!
  • RESURRECTION
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,879
    When I was younger, my number 1 hobby was drawing. I would draw robots, guns, cars, ninja turtles. In 2009, I studied video game art for 2 years. Nowadays, I like to make 3D models in a program called Autodesk Maya 11, then I use Photoshop CS3 to paint the textures. I have a few long-term projects I'm currently working on:

1) 3D animated Bond film. I'm keen on making it a feature length or thereabouts. I want to make the graphics as realistic as possible. I'm slowly working on a script for this. Who'd have thought writing a script was so hard? ;) I feel I've got some interesting ideas, but I need to tweak some of the script. I've also got a working title, which refers to both the villain's scheme and the results of it. Until the script is done, I just model what I think will be in the film (items, weapons, gadgets, cars etc.). I have a lot more models nearing completion, but some of my earlier work on this project can be seen here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2613/qbranchs-workshop-fan-art

2) Music. For a few years now, I've been dabbling with various music programs, making (what at least I think is) original music. I've got years worth of lyrics written down- the majority of them are weak, but there's also a lot I can work with. I'm interested in producing and mixing genres to make something fresh.

3) A while back, I came up with a character for a science fiction story. I'm thinking of making it a comic. It will be a future noir, focusing on a woman who, after a traumatic experience, discovers she has the ability to do amazing things. Not saying any more ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Drumming, drinking, video games and motorbikes. Used to play alot of football too.
    Mine as my girlfriend, step kids, family and friends will testify too. Is collecting all kinds of Bond memorabilia, writing the odd Bond short story, and also meeting Bond cast members from as many of the films as i can! And also planning ahead to visit various locations time and money permitting? With my amazing lady! :D
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Used to be playing the piano and driving, but since I moved to Germany I have no piano and no car :( Besides that I'm a (lousy) blogger and (reasonable) origamist.
    chrisisall wrote:
    firefox3005.jpg

SANY5405.jpg

SANY4805.jpg

SANY4681.jpg

A Galactica diorama:
    tweakeddisplay015.jpg

SANY6132_zpsb5d1a8dc.jpg

Well... you asked! ;;)

some excellent work there...... you looking at doing any more Bond work ?
    largo2 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    firefox3005.jpg

SANY5405.jpg

SANY4805.jpg

SANY4681.jpg

A Galactica diorama:
    tweakeddisplay015.jpg

SANY6132_zpsb5d1a8dc.jpg

Well... you asked! ;;)

some excellent work there...... you looking at doing any more Bond work ?

My goodness you have an incredible talent their my friend. Love the Firefox!
    largo2 wrote:
    you looking at doing any more Bond work ?

Thanks guys, I'd like to do a Bond diorama some time, like maybe Stromberg's Atlantis or something...
  • chrisisall you are a dude. Skills.

I just polish my knob every night.
    I just polish my knob every night.

That is a personal as you can get I wager. :D

As I previously stated (in http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2393/why-didnt-you-learn-the-violin-playing-the-music-of-james-bond#Item_8) my main hobby is to play classical guitar. I ain't professional but enjoy it very much.
    Nowdays I make arrangements of Bond music and just completed one of You Only Live Twice. I'm trying to adapt Skyfall someway that is close to the original source but "playable" on guitar.
    I also read a lot, but that is mostly study/work/hobby.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Love the Firefox!

Here's Airwolf- just a straight up model build, though:
    SFmodels003.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Collecting Bond memorabilia, Doctor Who, films/dvds (action, horror, cult, b movies, exploitation) comics, video games, model cars & model trains and streaking through the Mod Tea Rooms.

Do I quallify for being a geek?
    geek-image1.gif

• films/dvds (action, horror, cult, b movies, exploitation)

You have good taste in the films.