Goldeneye: Source Appreciation

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited October 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 2,635
This awesome game has being in development since 2004 and hasn't a release date until today. I downloaded the beta months ago but couldn't play because of something that happened in the archives.

This is supposed to be the Remake of Goldeneye N64, THE ORIGINAL, Not that Goldeneye: Reloaded bunch of junk, which is the worst Bond game ever (Yes, imo GE:RA and FRWL beats them being better).
This classic could be a great game if it had the merchandising it deserved, the gameplay it should have and the original feeling. The levels can be seen in many videos, and they look great.

Personally, if i played it online, i'd never leave the game, it's a HL mod, a CS Mod. It wasn't officially released, but it can't be forgotten.

---

BTW, anyone knows what song this is? It comes from GE Source.

---

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've never played the game, but I've watched gameplay footage and downloaded the soundtrack and it's awesome. Top notch mod.
  • It's great. Goldeneye: Source feels like a modern interpretation of the classic N64 game. You can play online or over a LAN. You don't have to own any discs, you just need to download Steam and some mod-tools.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Now, you can play this just by owning a game that runs on Source, right?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 70
    No, you don't need a game. You just need to download Steam, "Source SDKbase 2007" and the Goldeneye mod. They are all completely free downloads and totally worth it. Check out the mod page here for more information: http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

You can also download the Goldeneye: Source soundtrack which is, once again, a modern interpretation of the original soundtrack. You'll have to search around for a link though, sorry!
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    ...Not that Goldeneye: Reloaded bunch of junk, which is the worst Bond game ever (Yes, imo GE:RA and FRWL beats them being better).

Wow. So is it worse than 007: Racing too? In my opinion Goldeneye remake is the best Activision game, and far better than the games you mentioned.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Brendoge wrote:
    No, you don't need a game. You just need to download Steam, "Source SDKbase 2007" and the Goldeneye mod. They are all completely free downloads and totally worth it. Check out the mod page here for more information: http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

You can also download the Goldeneye: Source soundtrack which is, once again, a modern interpretation of the original soundtrack. You'll have to search around for a link though, sorry!

But I thought that just owning a Source-run game gave you everything you needed to play the game. I've got both Left 4 Dead games, so I've got Steam, and in order to run mods on L4D2, I had to download something (can't remember what it's called). I'll check later to see if it's the Source SDKbase 2007, but I think it might be.

I do have the GE:Source soundtrack, and I love almost every track on it.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    SPECTRE wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    ...Not that Goldeneye: Reloaded bunch of junk, which is the worst Bond game ever (Yes, imo GE:RA and FRWL beats them being better).

Wow. So is it worse than 007: Racing too? In my opinion Goldeneye remake is the best Activision game, and far better than the games you mentioned.

007 Racing has its place. Every EA's Bonds are worth and better compared to GERL and Legends. GERL literally Sucks, it's just a Bond's COD. They mixed the story, inserted sh*t that didn't exist, made basically only Shooting and nothing more. QoS and Blood Stone until now are the only ones from Activision that are worth.
    Not even 007 Legends deserve its place on the Bond gaming.
  • Good one, @X3MSonicX. I 5000% agree with you. GoldenEye Source is awesome game as I also heard that a single player campaign is also in development. The last Bond game for me was EON, let alone FRWL as it had some bad script, bad voice acting (due to respect to Connery), and QTE style fighting.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 581
    Goldeneye source is awesome
  • Yes, I wish they release a single player mode.
  • can anyone confirm again that it not require to have a stream game to play
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 70
    can anyone confirm again that it not require to have a stream game to play
    It does NOT require a game on Steam to play, in fact, that is my only game on Steam. Check the links above in my previous posts to find the instructions. The downloads will take a while, albeit is worthwhile in the end.
  • I havent played it yet, but it looks awesome! Going to play it now. :)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    JamesBond wrote:
    Good one, @X3MSonicX. I 5000% agree with you. GoldenEye Source is awesome game as I also heard that a single player campaign is also in development. The last Bond game for me was EON, let alone FRWL as it had some bad script, bad voice acting (due to respect to Connery), and QTE style fighting.

For me, FRWL had a good voice acting.
  • AliAli
    Technophobe here. Can I play this on Mac at all?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've been having fun with GoldenEye: Source a lot, recently. Just put together a screenshot of the wax figure James Bond from Scarmanga's Funhouse map that is a recreation of the GoldenEye: Rogue Agent multiplayer map of the same name.

DqlJXJu.png

Is anyone up for a deathmatch?
  • GagReathleGagReathle France
    Hi there! I downloaded the game recently, didn't really have a chance to play it yet, there isn't so much people around on the servers these days. But if anybody here is willing to join the party, it could be great!
  • PhrancisPhrancis Louisville, KY, USA
    This game is fantastic for 2 reasons, IMHO:

1) If you want game play that is nearly identical to the original N64 game's multiplayer, you can play all original multiplayer maps, weapons, and modes, either online with other players, or with bots (via "Create Server"). The game play has been faithfully recreated (with the exception of the Jump key, which did not exist in the original, but is also not a deal breaker as jumping doesn't really give any advantage). All the maps which have the "classic" suffix are essentially identical to the N64 maps.

2) There are many new maps to expand the game play, including "remix" versions of the classic multiplayer maps, which have new sections and modern graphics, as well as remixed versions of many of the single player maps. It makes the sniper rifle actually useful, on maps like Dam or Runway, which have big open areas perfect for some long range shooting!

There are a few things which some GoldenEye 007 fans may not like, for instance some servers run custom mods that are very different from the classic game. Overall though, it is very well made, has really good music, and again, faithfully recreates the GoldenEye 007 "feel" we've grown to love. Oh, yeah, it's also free.