Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

I started Arkham Asylum again today, once I've beaten it again I'm replaying Arkham City.

Anyway, the whole Riddler riddles/trophies, I'm not gonna bother with it all, because running around playing his little game is what he wants. If I just ignore that, then I've beaten him, I win :P

You are missing all the great easter eggs if you skip that. Don't have that attitude when you play Arkham City. Hostages' lives are at stake, and you can actually find him and take him out if you find all the riddles.

Last time I played it I saved the hostages because I thought "well, I'm Batman, I shouldn't let innocent people die", but all the riddles and trophies, it's just too much. I can't move an inch without seeing a green ?. If I get to take the annoying arsehole out though I might try and do the riddles.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I started Arkham Asylum again today, once I've beaten it again I'm replaying Arkham City.

Anyway, the whole Riddler riddles/trophies, I'm not gonna bother with it all, because running around playing his little game is what he wants. If I just ignore that, then I've beaten him, I win :P

You are missing all the great easter eggs if you skip that. Don't have that attitude when you play Arkham City. Hostages' lives are at stake, and you can actually find him and take him out if you find all the riddles.

Last time I played it I saved the hostages because I thought "well, I'm Batman, I shouldn't let innocent people die", but all the riddles and trophies, it's just too much. I can't move an inch without seeing a green ?. If I get to take the annoying arsehole out though I might try and do the riddles.

You haven't saved close to all of them. You get led to the hostages by finding trophies, so apparently there are still some wrangling around, especially considering Riddler has some with him when you face him.

You haven't saved close to all of them. You get led to the hostages by finding trophies, so apparently there are still some wrangling around, especially considering Riddler has some with him when you face him.

Oh. Crap. Well then, on my old save Batman is a terrible person since he's neglected his hostage saving responsibilities to do side missions and to try things like testing if a thug will take over 50 electric shots.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I finished Max Payne 3. It was good but even the ending, everything was a shoot 'em up. The door seems open for another game but I hope it's thought long and hard about, before going ahead.
    Almost finished replaying Arkham Asylum now. What I love is how there's a Batcave. I missed that in Arkham City.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Drakan: The Ancient's Gates (PS2)

Fantastc game, it really is. Lots of quests, spread out across a large landscape. I guess you could call this the Skyrim of it's generation, exept Drakan won't kill your PS2. I'm in the Shiverbane and i've just retrieved all my equipment. And let me tell you, it feels sooo good to have my stuff back, after
    Rynn was captured

and I was forced to use the rusted sword & the small wooden bow. Now to open the next Gateway...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A few hours ago, I finished getting the second-to-last achievement for 'Skyrim' on the Xbox 360. I got 100% on the game on the PS3, and since I've switched, I wanted to give the game another play through. All I have to do now is restore the Thieves Guild to its former glory. I can't wait to get paid again so I can check out the 'Dawnguard' DLC, as well.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    exept Drakan won't kill your PS2.

I still haven't forgiven Skyrim for breaking my ps3. I want to play it again, but then I'm worried it'll do the same to my 360, which is a launch model I think.

Anyway, finished replaying Arkham Asylum. Arkham City next, which I've never played on xbox before, so it should be fun.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I liked Arkham Asylum as an action game (i'm not what you could call a Batman fan), but I didn't care for Arkham City.
    I preferred Asylum because City felt messy, especially with all the riddler challenges, and Asylum imo had a better story.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I liked Arkham Asylum as an action game (i'm not what you could call a Batman fan), but I didn't care for Arkham City.
    Come now, who in the world doesn't like Batman?

tumblr_lznus9tqFz1qemz6qo1_500.gif
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I have a mistrust for anyone whom could survive a constant blast of lightening. ;)

My feelings towards AA are the same, towards the two Keaton films. I enjoy them for their own existence, not for being a Batman game or film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've been playing the Turok trilogy for the N64. There all fun but the first 2 suffer from too good level design. The levels are way too big and you can get lost in one level for hours. Turok 3 Takes the good from the first to games and makes the levels smaller and more linear. Of the 3 Turok 3 is my favorite. But there all very good. The first 2 are for people with a ton of time to kill. lol
    The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes (PS3)

0.jpg

Mr enjoyment crushing glitch raises his ugly head once again. ~X( The last time I encountered a glitch this bad was with Heavy Rain. I'm going to try and start the game over, and see if that helps...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

0.jpg

Mr enjoyment crushing glitch raises his ugly head once again. ~X( The last time I encountered a glitch this bad was with Heavy Rain. I'm going to try and start the game over, and see if that helps...
    That's a shame. Anyone who knows me is aware that I am head over heels for Sherlock Holmes and everything he encompasses. I had been hoping to get this game for obvious reasons, but after hearing all this bad news about numerous glitches, I am unsure.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Fallout New Vegas

Finally finished it, I'd been doing side quests and stuff for ages because I wanted to get the most out of the game.

Bit disappointed with the ending. I chose the one where you take over Vegas. All that happened was I spoke to the happy robot, who I'm sure is going to betray me, and I'm treated to a slide show where I'm told how I ruined everything for everyone.

It was cool though, when you think about it. The whole of New Vegas was spectacuarly f*cked up by one post man.

I prefer Vegas, but Fallout 3 had a much better ending,
    sacrificing yourself, etc.

Everything Or Nothing

I swear the free fall bit was never THIS hard.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - If you love all things Holmesian, you might like the game. Just be ready to encounter some glitches.

@thelivingroyale - The freefall in EON has to be one of the greatest gaming moments. '30 second madness' was what OPS2 Magazine UK called that level. And they were right.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @MajorDSmythe Definetly. It looks brilliant and with the Bond theme roaring in the background, it's just so awesome. Straight out of a film.

But I tried doing it on the hardest difficulty and I just kept dying!
    I've been playing 'Borderlands 2' since its release, and I have a massive back log of games, alongside the upcoming 'Medal of Honor: Warfighter,' 'Assassin's Creed III,' 'Halo 4,' 'Hitman: Absolution,' 'Far Cry 3,' and '007 Legends' when it drops in price.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I bought and finished Sleeping Dogs. Very enjoyable game. It has a good story with plenty of twists. GTA V has something to prove now. The hand-to-hand combat was a refreshing change of pace.
    batman begins for ps2 I love this game and replay it at least once a year.
    Risico007 wrote:
    batman begins for ps2 I love this game and replay it at least once a year.
    Ha! I love that game. So underrated, and a real prototype in a lot of ways to Rocksteady's Batman games. I love the use of fear to combat your enemies, and I too play it almost annually. I played it the week that The Dark Knight Rises came out. :)

The glitches I mentioned in my last post had fixed itself when I next went to play the game. I have since finished with a play time of 14hr 44 mins, which is longer than the typical 4hrs you usually get with games these days. I'm not what you could call a Holmes fan, i've not read any of ACD's Holmes works, and the only encounter with Holmes onscreen i've had is the 2001 tvm. However, if the developers could iron out the glitches that plagued this game, i'd like to see another Holmes game on the PS3.

With the glitches in mind, i'd give this game a score of...

7/10

Now I need a 2nd playthrough to pick up the trophies I didn't get in my initial game.

The glitches I mentioned in my last post had fixed itself when I next went to play the game. I have since finished with a play time of 14hr 44 mins, which is longer than the typical 4hrs you usually get with games these days. I'm not what you could call a Holmes fan, i've not read any of ACD's Holmes works, and the only encounter with Holmes onscreen i've had is the 2001 tvm. However, if the developers could iron out the glitches that plagued this game, i'd like to see another Holmes game on the PS3.

With the glitches in mind, i'd give this game a score of...

7/10

Now I need a 2nd playthrough to pick up the trophies I didn't get in my initial game.

No wonde you aren't a fan, you haven't gotten to the best stuff!

I recommend:

*The masterful stories/books (obviously)
    *The brilliant Jeremy Brett Granada series
    *The equally spectacular modern BBC series "Sherlock"

If you don't like any of that, Holmes just isn't for you.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I downloaded Grand Theft Auto 2 last night for PC from RockStar. The game kicks ass and brings back so much nostalgia.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,882
    No wonde you aren't a fan, you haven't gotten to the best stuff!

I recommend:

*The masterful stories/books (obviously)
    *The brilliant Jeremy Brett Granada series
    *The equally spectacular modern BBC series "Sherlock"

If you don't like any of that, Holmes just isn't for you.

Understandably, I forgot that i've also seen the dreadful Peter Cook & Dudley Moore film, The Hound Of The Baskervilles (1978). It also happens to be my least favourite T-T film.

And i've seen Without A Clue, if that one counts.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    hitman blood money....still aweome. Apparently, there's going to be a HD collection of the previous hitman games around Absolution drops.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    doubleoego wrote:
    hitman blood money....still aweome. Apparently, there's going to be a HD collection of the previous hitman games around Absolution drops.

I wish they would remake the first 3 hitman games using Blood Money's or Absolution's engine and gaming mechanics. The first 3 kind of suffer from being able to be found out way too easily. Hitman Contracts is the easiest to get your cover blown.
    f1 2012 pc, if you like f1 games get this.
    Got Borderlands 2 which i haven't played yet.

@doubleogo, I was just about to bring that up. Rumored release date is December 15th - with achievements/trophies attached - with 'Hitman 2: Silent Assassin,' 'Hitman: Contracts,' and 'Hitman: Blood Money.' Should be great fun.